Blue token system flawed (IMO)

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Pipsissiwa, May 3, 2013.

1. Venomizer Member

I think the decorating community adds a very healthy element to the game. The atmosphere is friendly, helpful, and generally happy. I dont think carpenters DESERVE a priviledged place, i think DECORATING deserves a priviledged place. and since it relies upon carps the class should be somewhat spoiled.

i would hope the crafting community could get on board with this notion. the crafting community and decorating communities seem to overlap a lot, both in players and atmosphere.

asking for [proper support for decorating community] AND [all 9 crafters being properly balanced] is really asking too much of SOE.

for the record i am crafter class neutral and i dont decorate.
  2. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

So either a player grinds away with one crafter for 3 months (assuming they can log in daily - if nt it will be longer) or they have to make tradeskill alts they don't want/need (as presumably if they did most would have made them by now)? Neither sounds like stunning or enjoyable game design to me. I guess some like it. I don't.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Domino's been replaced by that dev. I happen to like what he's done. I don't see much more that could be done at this point. People have been whining about every single stage of velious questing.

"Thurgadin dailies took too long. The overland questing got boring or didn't last long enough. There wasn't enough in WL. I chipped a nail running through cobalt scar / WL, dodging mobs. I'm not getting enough reactants. I'm getting too many reactants. I'm not getting enough coins."
    Balbasur likes this.
  4. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

I didn't say I wanted more to do - I have plenty for how I play the game thank you. As I said, thats why I am a carpenter - creating homes takes a lot of time and effort and is varied, not to mention enjoyable and relaxing. At no point have I said that I want more to do. I simply agree that more ways to get tokens would be nice, and that tedious dailies stop constituting 'content' after a few weeks, let alone months. When all there is for for average player to do is log in and do a daily - then that IS simply busy work.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Nothing worth doing is ever easy.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I don't know how you qualify this as tedious, unless you're producing one item a day. It's a pretty painless process that involves a few clicks, which is no worse than tradeskilling itself.
  7. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

This isn't hard, its just very very boring. I guess some of us don't mind the 'routine', others have a lower boredom threshold, as in real life - it takes all sorts.
  8. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

For the new tradeskill daily you can only make one item a day - it auto gives and takes away the recipe.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You can make as many as you like until you turn it in. This is also why the glove reward is so awesome. It lets you make up to 10 items no matter your prestige spec.
  10. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

They must have changed something then - last one I did a few days ago the recipe vanished once i'd made it, before i turned it in. At least that makes it slightly less dull.
  11. Taysa Well-Known Member

He might be talking about having the end-line gloves equiped, which allow you to craft 10 of anything at a time, even if you're not specced for Mass Production.
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

You can get blue coins from the boss of CS solo zones. 1 from the boss. So if you're also an adventurer, that's a way to get blue coins to add to the collection.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Just be sure to actually solo it.. because it's one blue coin per boss... not on per person per boss. So if you run it with another player, you're rolling for it.
  14. Venomizer Member

is this a troll? maybe sarcasm? 1 coin? takes atleast 500 coins worth to upgrade an item. bringing this up will only demoralize those who are discouraged for their coin prospects.

dont get me wrong i find it quite hilarious, just wouldnt expect it from you.
  15. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Just had another thought - can you do the apprentice daily if your apprentice isn't researching something? For those of us who can't log in every day we get less opportunities to do the daily per recipe researched, so potentially could run out of stuff to research long before we get a good haul of coins. If you can still do the quest anyway, then no problem, but if not..
  16. Sambril Well-Known Member

AFAIK that's correct you can get 1 coin from the boss, but there is also the chance for one of the needed materials to drop directly.

You can do the quest with no active research.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

1 coin from a boss isn't bad, when you can repeat zones every 90 minutes.
  18. Mae- Well-Known Member

Why would it be a troll? Without those solo coins, you get 1 per day (for a single crafter). Having them drop off the boss of a solo instance gives you another avenue for acquiring them, every 90 minutes. So yeah, not sure why giving people another avenue for collecting coins suddenly makes me a troll....
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, you can do the quest, and get the reward, even on toons that have finished all their research.
  20. Venomizer Member

i didnt mean it as an insult or slight. i just think a CHANCE at a single coin every 90 minutes for likely 30+ minutes of run time, plus combat (in a script heavy zone to boot), is not a worthwhile avenue.

you could level up a new crafter and run the quest timeline and get 37 more coins faster. can you level from 1 to 95 in under 37 hours?

1 coin for running an entire solo instance just seems low to me. should be auto 10 imo. not a drop rate. otherwise it could be left off the loot table without anyone noticing.

One coin, as 1/500th of a combine, and its not even a guaranteed drop, isnt worth mentioning.

if it auto dropped 10, you might have ppl running the adv solo and SLR final boss chest to crafters who can use the vendor.

that is activity; something for ppl to do.