Bloodlust fix coming

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Moorgard, Jan 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Yes my true colors are not to whine and adapt and look for positives..oh no....

Yours? well to make false claims about the class and cry as loudly as you can and berate any positive experience with the patch? You spewed a lot of incorrect crap.

yes I think so.

I am still not having any problems with the changes and still do like them...yes bloodlust was nerfed and I am still sure you will not like how it works when it doesnt drop after one proc...

This patch added skill and or more attention required to play the class I still love it..regardless of how much you whine about not being able to take a hit, hold agro or whatver else your issue is.
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 01-08-2005 10:23 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Tanta Guest

As you are already level 40, you either have invested so much time you probably don't really care about your class now, as you have probably started another character. Or, you are just not a beserker at all, and are merely trolling this forum and thread for whatver reasons you have. Your post is noted, and I am sure if we had all of the beserkers, across all the servers here to post their comments, that people that hold your veiwpoint would be a significant minority.
    Message Edited by Tanta on 01-08-2005 10:27 PM
    Message Edited by Tanta on 01-08-2005 10:28 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Ewor Guest

There isnt anymore skill needed to play now lmfao you just berserk 80% less and have to spam taunts and buffs instead of doing damage! Havent you noticed the HUGE dps loss? Or are you one of those people that continue to lie even when they are caught in one since you have lied so much you conviced yourself its the truth
  4. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Interesting...no I am not seeing any DPs loss otehr than the DPS lost from haste ...from bers mode....

In fact I am able to kill things I was not able to before the patch as pointed out somewhere else....

And skill you can interpet as paying attention aka not slacking or as in knowing what to do when and how to do it....yes in fact I would call that skill..and not saying I have more of it than anyone else ..

I am saying however that there is more skill due to not jsut clicking one button to mantain agro.

Frankly I have gone to the "I really dont care" position ....flame me in a post i never posted on becasue myself and otehrs have no problems and like the patch ..AKA oposing view ...and Ill point out the sniveling that some are doing and level they are going to to de-0bunk how I feel about the patch...
  5. ARCHIVED-Tanta Guest

Well, to tell the truth.. I find it hard to believe that you think your class is any better now than it was before. But, that's your opinion. Frankly, I think SOE made some serious mistakes and did not realize how fundamental beserking was to the beserker class as a form of mitigating damage. Do I think they needed to test it alot more? Yes I do. And they acted too hastily and screwed up more than they supposedly fixed.

And, I still find it hard to believe you are a beserker. From the lowest to the highest testing the impacts, and noting the incredible disparity and imbalance in the class now, I truly don't believe you. Though, I am sure you don't really care anyway hehe

So. stop sniveling about people who have legitimate complaints. You are trolling now, your original comments were noted, so stop snivelling Overlord. :smileyvery-happy:
  6. ARCHIVED-Ewor Guest

Yeah... we had huge dps drop since we now go berserk 10% of the time instead of 90% and thats if your tanking, god forbid your there for dps you might zerk 2% of the time
  7. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

You guys have problems with the class..fine post your experiences ....I have mine and I posted them...

get over it..move on ..really not sure what the problem is. Some cant deal with the class now..whatever whine away It truly doesnt affect me and I wont botehr trying to convince you think outside the box and get over bloodlust as a skill.

I do like the changes a lot...the class is still very viable.

Its a bit juvenille at this point to flame me for liking the class without me even posting on a thread ..isnt it?
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 01-08-2005 10:50 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Tanta Guest

As you originally posted a "juvenile" response in response to apost here by saying that we are wining and sniveling, I think we all understand where you are coming from. Like I said in my last post," Your comments are noted. You are now sniveling by continuing to post." Seems the shoe is on the other foot. You are the juvenile here by fact of your original post. If you having nothing more constructive to say, other than to claim people are sniveling, then I quote the immortal words from the Imperial Storm Troopers in Star Wars(tm), " Move along.."
  9. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

If you jsut want to flame, feel free... I dont know you , dont care to and never recall talking to you...you shoudl realize you are bent becuase I posted postive experiences with the class..which whether you choose to believe it is pretty dam petty
    My comments were never to you originally and were in response to someone flaming me , when IU had not even posted on this thread. Athough Im sure you didnt botehr to read what I was replying TO...yes that would be too hard...way to easy jsut to flame me for your current state of minds sake eh?
    Seriously you people who dont like the nerf ...feel free to complain about it..but youa re moving to a serious whining and berating anyone and anythign postive about the patch.
    So whatever call names, rant whine do it all you like and while you do it please do fume over me
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 01-08-2005 11:00 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Ewor Guest

All I'm saying is we dont berserk anywhere near enough now, I can still hold argo and stand there and take a beating just fine but whats the point of being a zerker if you dont zerk... I'm not starting over as a guardian I just wish that I picked that in the begining now since they mitigate damage better get all the ac/hp buffs and can now do the same dps as us... I argee that BL was broken as it caused instant argo and we zerked 90% of the time but they should have just removed the argo portion and lowered the proc rate a tad bit but no when SOE nerfs they all out kill the skills to make them completly useless
  11. ARCHIVED-Grimgore Guest

The fact is.. Guards mitigate 20-25% of the damage in a fight.. Then we should do 20-25% more damage than the guard class.. That was the whole point of Berserk mode. There has to be balance and clearly there is not.. We got the short end of the nerf stick..

Can we tank.. Sure if there are 2 healers and no real tanks available.. I see a lot of LFG time in our future if we decide to keep playing..
  12. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Well I dont disagree with taht honestly.
    We do zerk less so therefore we do do less damage....
    A lot of initial posts were saying that we cannot hold agro...we cant solo mobs...and that guardians do more dps .... that we take a lot mroe damage then before (unique to bers and no otehr classes) .thats the bs I disagreed with and still do.
    By not relying on Bloodlust I feel I am taking less damage and know I am able to kill stuff I could not kill before the patch...however I was told that was because my lvl and ToW ect...to which I also disagree with. Using skills I was not and paying a lot more attention and not jsut spamming attacks is why I like the patch. No, we dont need to spam taunt, no we dont need to spam buffs to maintain agro either.
    I am still able to go bers 50-75% of the time while tanking and when not tanking I should not be berserking too much as bers pulls agro anyway...but we do still have a few tricks to induce Bers mode when not tanking...and they work well.
    So personally I dont think its too bad..yes other skill are still broken and need to be fixed.
    I totally disagree that we are broken and not viable..I also disagree that we are are less effective than any oeehr tank.

Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 01-08-2005 11:09 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Grimgore Guest

OK Overlord.. what skills do you have that get you in Zerk mode when not MT? I tried everything tonite when i was offtank and got very few procs.. all my skills are adept 1's that i use on a regular basis.. granted, I'm only lvl 29 but [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]... 25 procs for 135 mobs.. that's not acceptable..
  14. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

OK Overlord.. what skills do you have that get you in Zerk mode when not MT? I tried everything tonite when i was offtank and got very few procs.. all my skills are adept 1's that i use on a regular basis.. granted, I'm only lvl 29 but [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]... 25 procs for 135 mobs.. that's not acceptable..

Infuriation - believe it is a 35ish skill shields allys...put it on main tank...I also put it on others sometimes like if barrage or AoE spell hits em... not sure what skill this one replaces that was lower level but I knew there were otehr guarding skills I had before...anyway this is teh key if not MT to going bers..but if you have a not so great MT you dont want to use this..Bers mode generates agro...but if you are not MT you should use this skill....not jsut for the Bers mode but for the shielding

Promise of violence/raging strike/vicous blow/ - altho pretty low rate of making you go bers if they even work..havent tested it too much...

Rage - 10 sec bers mode although you dont get a bers icon...but will allow you to cast Greater fury when in "rage" mode...so must be a form of bers mode...

Now before I get flammed because most of those skills are mid 30s skills...I am rarely if ever not MT...Focus Rage is working great for me and is what I sue to go Bers..but I have played as not MT to test and Infuriation works GREAT.

Bloodlust Description was changed to "Increase offense of group and grant Bers a chance to bers on successful attack" Personally I ahve not been even trying to use Bloodlust after patch...I believe it trashes your defense and makes you get hit more..and possibly for more damage...maybe its zerk mode Im nost ure...but I do know my defense is great and I am ..seriosuly able to kill stuff I was not able to before the patch...yes I am able to kill green group mobs...although sometimes I would have to run...its not something I could do before as I took way too much damge....and yes all my gear is blue con or higher(some gren jewlery) and alwys use Orange weapons.

At higher lvl think 40.5 you get Anarchy...which is pretty awesome DPS...but as MT under 30 w/ focus rage and taunts agro should be no issue...as for DPS, yeah maybe the scale for DPS needs to e looked at...BUT the only DPOS that was lost was due to losing 100% zerk mode with bloodlust...and lets face it we knew we shouldnt be zerked 100% of the time...personally I think 50-75% is very reasonable..some are saying they are not seeing taht large of a% ..but I and otehrs are..I dont believe its a lvl issue for Rage proc rate either
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 01-08-2005 11:32 PM
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 01-08-2005 11:35 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Tanta Guest

Well, in response to you, I'll be short: my original response to you in regard to your "catchall" phrase for people on these forums with legitimate complaints about the class skill changes to the beserker, as being "whiners" and "snivelers", I believe was a flame. And that flame is directed at anyone who has a legitimate complaint about the changes. IF you are going to flame someone, you need to word your responses more carefully. I did not flame you, I merely pointed out that by continuing to degrade people in this thread by calling them whiners and snivelers, you are trolling. And now I am done, but I am sure you will reply by commenting that my behavior is juvenile. When in fact, it is not. I am here on this forum to post my comments about the change and how it impacts the game mechanics. I happen to believe, along with many otehrs that it seriously impacted class balance. If you do not believe this is so, then make your comments without flaming other people. If you can help it hehe Sorry, that was a flame at the end. :smileyvery-happy: Got your goat, didn't it? hehehe
    Message Edited by Tanta on 01-08-2005 11:35 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Get my goat? well I am sorry but over a class discussion board about a video game, no you cant get my goat.
    you can get a response..however I still dont think you understand taht I was responding to someone else...and it was not you...and was not a general comment to everyone... again do you believe what you think or what is stated?
    Glad you are having fun doing nothing but posting to me about flaming without any content and incorect information...
    So the point of this is...I was not talking to you...and you are talking to me about something you misunderstand..so please feel free to post to me about something I say, not to you nor about you..and not even directly related to you...
    Read the post..get some facts...tehn feel free to flame me about them.
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 01-08-2005 11:49 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Grimgore Guest

See, my prob overlord is the few skills in the mid to high 20's that are suppose to get you into berzerk mode don't work. I think we would be ok if they did but they do not. I'll have to talk some people into letting me tank to see if Berzerk mode proc's more as an MT. so far, Enrage is the only skill i have that can get me in zerk mode reliably.. I just parsed my dps tonight.. a whoppin 27.13..
  18. ARCHIVED-Tanta Guest

Well, I have to in part agree with you on the point that I have nothing better to do than monitor this forum in hopes of advancing how negatively the chanegs impact the beserker class, and make it unbalanced. Yes, I have started a guardian, as I am sure most other "beserkers" have. The only problem is, they will probably nerf the guardians as well. So, I merely read the forum posts and post my experiences and belief on how this change has impacted class balance and stability. But, if I misread your intentions then I do apologize. I mean no one harm, and maybe I got a bit carried away, as I have no viable class to play now. Unless I want to spend two weeks leveling a guardian up to level 33 or so. I really don't want to go through that again, as I have spent a considerable amount of time leveling 3 other classes to the mid 20's and am getting tireed of doing it. The reason I have spent so much time in this pursuit, is to find the class that fits my play-style. I thought I found it in the beserker class. Just when you found out the proper balance between beserking and defensive buffs, they change the whole equation.

IMO, these changes have destroyed the classes ability to be a comparable role-player and damage dealer in respect to their warrior-kin, the guardian. In fact, there is no comparison between the two in dps and damage mitigation. The guardian is far superior in both aspects at the same level now. I find it a little ironic that the class that was designed to be a "defensive" class, turns out to be second in dps to the scouts now, with beserkers falling 3rd in this list without the damage mitigation and defensive abilities of the guardian. This creates a serious balance issue, as all warrior classes were designed to be viable tanks and the guardian never designed to be a significant dps type tank. The reason this creates a balance issue is that each class has it's own damage mitigation abilities. Just comparing the 2 warrior classes, the guardian and the barbarian, you have this: Guardians use superior defense, defense buffs, and superior AC to mitigate the damage taken. Beserkers, prior to the patch had some defense buffs, that didn't do alot for their defense when beserk, and their ability to go beserk to mitigate the damage being taken. That is the true balance here: The beserker was designed to be a tank that dealt out a ton of damage in order to kill the mobs before the mobs beat the crap out of it while it was going beserk and killed it, or ran the healers out of mana. If the fight lasts longer becuase they cannot go beserk, then they take more damage, the clerics lose more power, and the balance is of this class is impacted. A guardian and a beserker should not be comparable in all aspects, the guardian has the defense, the beserker has the offense. That was the balance. And, that balance has been destroyed by this change. I belive they need to test it more.

If you find this is not consistent with your experiences, I find it hard to understand how this could be, as I don't consider myself an "auto" beserker that over-relied on beserk. I attempted to fill the role I was designed to do after the patch and hotfix, and found some serious problems with the way the changes impacted the class as a dps and/or a secondary tank. After several hours of grouping with guild members, and watching an equal level ranger get aggro on a single group mob, that I could not taunt or beserk off of him, and then tank it without getting hit but once or twice, whereas this same group mob that we had been killing for the last hour was consistently beating the crap out of me and draining the power of our healers, I realized just how significant our ability to go beserk was. Needless to say, I have posted my experiences in more detail, and yes I have the best gear, and spells for my level. The few taunts I do have are either app3 or adept. I don't mind getting hit so much as a beserker, if they just had not taken away my primary means of damage mitigation, which was beserk. I could care less about the aggro, though it was nice to have as a main tank.

Yes, I think there is a problem, and I find it hard to believe that people find this fix, a fix. If they want to make us guardians, then give us the defensive abilities as well to mitigate the damage. They should do something, as they took away this classes primary ability to mitigate damage.

Now, I don't mean to slight you in anyway.. it is late here, and I am in serious need of sleep. Hopefully, we can both keep this a discussion and not a war of words hehe
  19. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

A huge chunk of a Bers DPS is in the Fury and Greaty fury as well.
    We are meant by design or not to be doing more damage when getting beat on than when not.
    We will always do less damage when not taking damage.
    Yes, the lower lvls need more Zerk inducing skills....not sure if the highers do yet, im not even near the end gme myself.
    Right now we can be in zerk mode with jsut Focus RAge 50-75% of the time...from my "guesstamites" thats pretty good....
    now if they did in fact change bloodlust to go off when we hit mobs..that combined with infuriation should be pretty dang good.
    Also, why at lower lvls should we be able to berserk as much as as we gain levels? I would hope taht at 50 I could zerk more than at 40...or 30...or 20. As you level you gain power..tahts teh nature of the RPG...how much you gain in relation to other classes is always being checked and tuned...so we get to deal with.
    How much DPS we do will forever be tuned to what SoE thinks we should do...but for right now..Agro isnt a problem..outdamage a gaurdian, pali or sk is easy enough....taking a beating better tahn brawlers is not aproblem either... we are still top notch Tanks taht can take agro with less effort than otehr class..and hold it better as well.
    A huge thing that is being overlooked in the "zerks are suck tune" is our AoE damage...man we do massive AoE damage...not even speaking to bloodrage..we, as we advance gain massive AoE skills and taht alone places us far far ahead of the other conventional tanks in teh DPS department. Our AoE damage skills are outstanding.
    Plate wearing, Large Shield weilding class that does nice AoE damage as well as being aunique class make this class FAR from unplayable.
    Gnite
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 01-09-2005 12:17 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Tanta Guest

I would only ask that you read other posts on this forum regarding the impacts as veiwed by higher level beserkers( 40 to 50) and other beserkers in their 30's. By you stating that you are beserk almost 50 to 75% of a fight, I am amazed, since most people cannot go beserk more than once a fight if they are lucky. And yes, I keep fury up at all times, but it procs about as much as beserk does now. Maybe once or twice a fight, depending on how long the fight lasts. I don't know what to say to you, than go read some other posts in other threads on these forums, as I still don't find this fix a fix at all. It is akin to the "fix" made to monks and sk's in EQ1 that Sony owned up to as being a mistake a year or 2 later. This change we experienced in EQ2 is akin to that, and needed to be tested more before going live.

I only hope that Sony realizes the pervasive impact this change has made to the class' balance.