Blessing of the Grove broken

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Kyralis, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Depends on the time in the fight. I seem to always be in fights that are either trivial- Regrowth followed by a nature's caress or two is the whole fight- or very difficult, where I've barely got time to snap off a regrowth before I'm chain-healing nature's caress/bloom/effloresce. On the occasional fight that's between those two, then those are nice, but I find that with Nature's Caress around it makes less difference. 97 from Regrowth, 54ish from Nature's Caress HoT ticks, 20ish from Bloom ticks and I'm at 170/tick just from those three. With the 350ish instant healing of Nature's Caress, that's normally more than sufficient.
  2. ARCHIVED-Raider Hater Guest

If we have to resort to using our class regen instead of our subclass regen heading into the 30s then BoTG is clearly broken.
  3. ARCHIVED-andoryu Guest

The problem (it's already been stated, but seems to have been ignored) is this:

Regrowth used to suck too. At the very end of Beta, it was improved because when it sucked, druids sucked too. The problem is that they then reworked all the spell lists, but apparently forgot to update the new spells.

I.e. they fixed the regrowth spells, but then they changed everybody's spells to be unique instead of getting mostly the same with a few unique spells, like it was up to about 5 days before the end of beta. When that change was made, regrowth and the group regrowth (level 15, forget name offhand) stayed in the game, but the rest got taken out, and new, unique 20+ versions were put in. Problem is, those new versions were built on the old, crappy, long duration low heal per tick model.

It's essentially just a bug that they haven't yet got around to fixing, and won't unless we raise hell about it. So get out the hammers and start whacking at SOE!
  4. ARCHIVED-Barimen Guest

This is usually how a figth goes for me, lvl 25 warden.

Tank brings in mob, usually has taken some hits, Regrowth adept III, (ticks at 119).

Now if this is an easy mob Cold snap Apprentice III and stinging swarm adept III goes here.

If it is a hard mob then Bloom Adept III goes here, ( one 250-300+ and a few 25 ticks )

Really no matter what scenario the following occurs:

Every mob aggros me, I target myself and heal for all im worth and for the duration of the figth no number of taunts can pull them of me.

If I trow in a chill adept III and a Frost adept I then you gonna need a nuclear powered towing boat to get them things of me.

This is not at all how I imagined myself as a healing class.
  5. ARCHIVED-Obsydian Guest

I'm not sure why all of you are healing for less than a 100 per tick with regrowth I am only a 23 warden right now but for the last 2 levels my regrowth has been hitting for 110 per tick at adep 1. That is ALOT better than BoTG I am hoping that the Adept 1 version of BoTG will work better myself, but when we first got regrowth it was only around 40 a tick also... so it should go up as we level.
  6. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

At level 27 with Adept 1 (which I just got last night finally) I am only healing for 101/tick. Before upgrading I was healing for 85/tick at level 26 with apprentice 3, then leveled and it went up to 91/tick, then upgraded to Adept 1 and got the above mentioned 101/tick. Are you sure you aren't using Adept 3 or Master 1?
    I'm hoping that stat difference could not cause so large an impact in spell performance, no that wouldn't make sense.
  7. ARCHIVED-Loicenick Guest

Bump for this to be fixed.

(Concerned soon to be warden)
  8. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Please for the love of all lost gods do not bump threads. It will bring upon the Wrath of Mod and get a thread locked, which is exactly what we don't want.

However, at 32 I'd like to point out that BotG *still* isn't worth casting. App 3 BotG, Adept 1 Regrowth, of course, but still- Regrowth still does more per tick (101) and is more efficient than BotG. This is obviously an issue, since we have a spell that I haven't cast in 9 levels except for doing tests.

That said, *without* BotG I can still get 218 hp/3 sec regen going on the tank, so that's rather fun. :) (Regrowth, Bloom, Nature's Caress, Arcane Purification, Mossy Balm)
  9. ARCHIVED-Murferoo Guest

Only time I cast BOTG really is when i've cast regrowth and I can't/don't want to wait the 4 seconds to recast it again...this allows me to instantly go into another heal cycle for someone else...best used on someone taking slow damage.
  10. ARCHIVED-Braco Guest

at Adept I Regrowth i get101 per tick, Adept I Bloom i get around 214 and Adept I Efforesce i get 392.

This is usually enough, but in times where the whole grp is injured and i dont have time to cast the above on each person i use the Winds of Renewal + Sylvan Wind Combo. When i use that though i find it get INSTANT hate, with all mobs turning to me and trying to kick my butt.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

I shy away from the AOE heals for aggro reasons, except when I'm trying to counter an AOE'ing mob. Also, I try to use the AOE HoT before using the AOE instant, as in my experiences the instant is more aggro.
  12. ARCHIVED-Braco Guest

yeh the instant is what gets the agro to the max.
  13. ARCHIVED-Rljohnny Guest

I just stack them both for a 150 HoT. When I'm breezed I add in some more :)
  14. ARCHIVED-phebus Guest

I must admit that when i first recieved BOTG i let if off and though ... .... .... is that it? Then I thought that prehaps it was stackable with regrowth, that would have been a plan wouldn't it? Pop a BOTG on the tank, wait for him to get a bit mullered thed slap a regrowth on the top, hey presto lots of heal, minimal (hopefully) aggro and the other healers cant even moan about us using no power :))

but no it was a bug:( and it didn't stack at all.....
  15. ARCHIVED-Murferoo Guest

Answer to BOTG sucking is being lucky enough to find a master 1 natures caress.

OMG...pure heaven....have zero healing issues atm at level 32.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sebastien Guest

Has anyone found the situation improved with the recent changes to post-20 healing output?
  17. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

Just got mine (stupid aqs slwoing me down =S).. wasn't lucky enough to get any upgrades for it so it's still app2 like when I got it. 45/tick =/ less than half of my adept1 regrowth
  18. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

There are no recent changes to healing output; those patch notes were completely confused. BotG is still bad, Regrowth is still my HoT and I expect to continue until I get my post-40 one.

At least the Bloom line isn's so messed up.
  19. ARCHIVED-Raider Hater Guest

How are we suppose to compete with the other healers if our main regen line is horribly broken???
  20. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Because their subclass lines are as well.

The problem is most evident in the mid to late 20s. After that point, the later subclass lines start picking up and healing is no longer as difficult as it was- while it would be nice if BotG was actually useful, adept 3 regrowth ticking for 118 is still serving me well enough at 36 that I can solo heal a group in Everfrost.

EDIT: The above *is* not to be construed as me saying that BotG being broken is okay. It's not. But at least I don't feel like I can't heal anymore.
    Message Edited by Caerwyn on 12-09-2004 11:05 PM