Blessing of the Grove broken

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Kyralis, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Our level 23 spell Blessing of the Grove appears broken; it heals for only 49 per tick, which is a significant step backward from Regrowth. This is with both at apprentice 2, so it's not a tier thing. Anyone else experience this?
  2. ARCHIVED-Gravewolf Guest

That sounds kind of bugged...
  3. ARCHIVED-intoranat Guest

I should get this spell over the weekend, but did you compare the power and cast time? Maybe it heals less because it cost less? If it costs the same or more, than definately a bug.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Costs a few points more. Casting time approximately the same.

It does last slightly longer, but not the twice as long that would be necessary to make up the difference.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gravewolf Guest

Ok, interesting idea I had that perhaps you didn't think to try yet. Does it stack with Regrowth? Give it a shot ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Trust me, first thing I tried. It stacked in beta and they specifically said at the end of beta not to get used to that; they apparently weren't kidding. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Gravewolf Guest

Darn :p Hopefully Eviljohn is lurking around here and sees this then so it can get looked over ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Spiritualism Guest

Fear not!.....the original poster simply didn't look into the details of how the spell works:
    At my level this is what they do,

Regrowth (Apprentice II):
    Cost: 52 power
    Health Recovery: 78 every 6 seconds
    Duration: 24 seconds

Total = 390 hps recovered

Blessing of the Grove (Adept 1):
    Cost: 62 power
    Health Recovery: 59 every 3 seconds
    Duration: 30 seconds

Total = 649 hps recovered

Even though my regrowth is only apprentice II, BoTG would beat it any day at the same level.
    No they do not stack. Regrowth goes into your junk spell pile upon recieving BoTG.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gravewolf Guest

Do you mean Adept 1 or Apprentice 1 BotG?

Edit: Also, I just checked regrowth, it heals every 3 seconds for me...
    Message Edited by Gravewolf on 11-20-2004 11:35 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

You didn't calculate BotG right. It a) only heals 52 even at 25 now, not 59 and b) doesn't heal faster than Regrowth as far as tick length is concerned.

Edit: To confirm, I *just* used both of them. They both heal once every 3 seconds. Therefore the math is more like:

Regrowth, 24 seconds or 8 ticks is 78 * 9 = 702
    BotG, 30 seconds or 10 ticks is 52 * 11 = 572

This is not an improvement.

Edit again: Added in the initial heal value for each, which skews the math in regrowth's favor even more.

Message Edited by Caerwyn on 11-20-2004 11:26 PM
    Message Edited by Caerwyn on 11-20-2004 11:28 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Spiritualism Guest

dont know what planet your warden is on.

My regrowth heals once every 6 seconds,
    My BoTG heals once every 3 seoncds, and it heals 61 health at level 24.

End of story.
  12. ARCHIVED-Spiritualism Guest

theres no way regrowth heals 700+ health, you have lost your mind.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gravewolf Guest

Norrath, where's yours? :p

Don't have BotG yet, probably will tonight, but Regrowth heals 3 seconds beyond the shadow of a doubt. Not sure what you were using for testing purposes, but it wasn't regrowth. I didn't even trust my counting so I got out a stopwatch and checked. It ticks every 3 seconds.
  14. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

I'm not interested in arguing with you, Spiritualism, nor am I interested in being called crazy by you.

I am stating that, having carefully timed and watched both, that they both tick every 3 seconds. And that each Regrowth tick is 78, and that each BotG tick is 52. From this we can derive two things.

a) BotG heals less per second than Regrowth. This is not a step in the right direction at higher levels.

b) BotG must last significantly longer than Regrowth to heal the same amount of damage. It does not. As a result, BotG does not heal the same amount of damage as Regrowth.

Rather than throwing insults around, you need to recheck your spells more carefully.

26 Warden (Antonia Bayle)
  15. ARCHIVED-intoranat Guest

Caerwyn is actually right. Regrowth ticks every 3 sec, and BoTG ticks at the same rate with less heal per tick, definately a bug unless it should be use in a way I'm not thinking of. The power cost is about the same so I don't know what gives.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gravewolf Guest

If you haven't, please be sure to /bug this then. Once I get to 23 (went on a tradeskill binge last night) then I will do so as well. Might want to post it up in the spells/abilities forum as well as I don't know if any developers read this deep into the forum tree.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

I've bugged it and posted it in both places.

Further investigation shows that Spiritualism's initial time lengths for the two spells were incorrect. While BotG does in fact last 30 seconds, Regrowth lasts only 18 (not 24 as previously assumed), meaning it has only 7 ticks of 78 rather than 9. Final numbers for the two then are:

Regrowth: 78 * 7 ticks = 526 in 18 seconds. This is 29.22dmg/second healed, at a cost of 52 power, yielding an efficiency of 10.12 HP/power.

Blessing of the Grove: 52 * 11 ticks = 572 in 30 seconds. This is 19.07dmg/second healed, at a cost of 62 power, yielding an efficiency of 9.23 HP/power.

While my initial assertion that BotG heals less overall is, in fact, false, it does not change the fact that BotG is not an upgrade- it is less efficient and heals more slowly. At 27, with mobs regularly hitting for well over 100dmg/hit, 52 healing every three seconds is barely worth noticing.
  18. ARCHIVED-Spiritualism Guest

At level 25, my BoTG (Adept 1) heals 10 times over 30 seconds, at 63 hp per 3 seconds (total 630). This I have confiremed. I don't know why yours only heals 52.
    I don't even use regrowth anymore, mine is only apprentice 2, but I will check into it next chance I get. My original numbers might have been slightly incorrect. I will repost soon.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

As posted above, my BotG is only Apprentice II, which is the same as my Regrowth (part of the reason I could make such an assertion with confidence). BotG probably heals more now at 27, but I left the numbers in that I had when I originally made the assertion, as that still stands true.
  20. ARCHIVED-Spiritualism Guest

ok heres he scoop. These numbers are 100% accurate for my character.

BoTG, 68 power (Adept 1)- 63 healing every 3 seconds, 10 times total over 30 seconds. 630 hps healed.
    Regrowth, 52 power (App. II)- 78 healing every 3 seconds, 6 times total over 18 seconds. 468 hps healed.

If my regrowth was Adept I, the numbers would be closer. It looks like BoTG wins slightly. So not a large improvement. But druid regen spells are the most mana efficient heals in the game, so be happy with what we get!

Since your BoTG is App. II it would heal 52 per 3 seconds, for 520 total, which is a slight increase over regrowth. Looks like BoTG is a very minimal upgrade to regrowth, but an upgrade nonetheless.