Blessing of the Grove broken

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Kyralis, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

All healers are experiencing this, so it's not simply a druid thing. See the similar thread in the Spells/Arts forum for details, but basically, Clerics and Shaman are also finding that subclass level heals are less effective than class level heals.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zammik Guest

I got this spell the other night, I agree that it is broken. One of two things has to happen - they change it to an 18s duration and make it in line with Regrowth, or they make them stack. Either one would make me happy.

As of right now, I have no reason to cast it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Barimen Guest

Well I upgraded my Regrowth to Adept III and it ticks 112 each time, I was however under the impression they both stack, I doubt BotG will heal 112 even at adept I for me so, rigth now it is around 55.

Also how about the team HOTs and bloom, can there be only one HOT active at all times? In wich case Regrowth and Efflo is the only spells really usable..

It really sucks if Bloom cancels out Regrowth as well, i shall check asap when servers go up.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Regrowth stacks fine with the group HoTs and the Bloom regen effect.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pertraum Guest

Clearly BoTG is less superior in terms of health per tick, however it also provides Elemental damge mitigation (though I sort of assume this is vs. cold/fire only). Perhaps there are some enemies against which BoTG is more effective? (though not immediately apparent as chat does not display mitigation)

Also -- a VERY small advantage -- due to the longer duration on BoTG it is a better spell to cast before the pull (and buy you a little more time before you have to cast first heal).
  6. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

Casting HOTs consistenly before the tank is even taking damage absolutly destroys the mana efficiency of HOTs in the first place. I let BOTG stay right where I found it, in the spell book. I have 4 heal spells hot keyed as it is and have no room or time for slower healing HOT when my main tank is taking 400 point hits from giants. He'd be dead before BOTG proved to have any mana efficiency to me, especially with all the Blooms and Effs I'd have to throw out to compensate for its "lesser" regeneration per a tick. Even with the elemental buff, I find BOTG to be a disappointing upgrade to Regrowth (which ticks for 85/tick when capped at Adept 1 by the way).
  7. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

and where the heck did you get an Adept 3 spell from already?! Oh and, no, Bloom does not cancel Regrowth out. It's obvious if you ever watch the heals tick away above your tank (or yourself for that matter)... mine usually go 18ish, 85, 19ish, 85, etc. However, Regrowth and BOTG do not in fact stack... even though the icons are there watch the heal tick away, only one will. :smileywink:
  8. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Saying that casting the HoTs before the pull destroys their efficiency is not entirely as straightforward an assumption as you might think. Since the tank has yet to engage an encounter when you cast it on him, you're still getting out-of-combat power regeneration, so much of the time you'll have the power back before you next cast anything (unless the pull is staring you in the face, of course). However, I don't want BotG to ever be on my tanks- then when they *are* taking damage, I'd be stuck with that instead of Regrowth until BotG wore off.
  9. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

I guess it's just a matter of healing style and what you're fighting (and how close it is). I don't like spending ANY mana on a hot thats not healing anything no matter how much of it I might get back before we lock in an encounter. The one and only exception to this might be a named and only if it's close enough for my HOT to still be in effect when the tank pulls it. Now I have been known to run out to the tank a little and throw up a Bloom or Regen as he's taking damage coming back with a pull. It's risky behavior but sometimes necessary if your tank is taking too much damage.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ballyhoo Guest

A level 37 Fury posted on another thread that he still uses Regrowth and Efflorsce because he still hasn't gotten anything better. I expect it will be the same for wardens. This is very disappointing.
  11. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

23 - Blessing of the Grove - Regen
    28 - Blessing of Earth - Group regen
    28 - Healing Breeze - Group instant heal
    29 - Nature's caress - instant Heal + regen
    32 - Nature's embrace - Instant heal + regen
    35 - Numbing Spores - Heals when hit
    40 - Chloroplast - Group regen + elemental buff
    42 - Gale of Healing - Group heal
    42 - Verdant Sigh - Regen + hate reducer when hit
    42 - Chlorostorm - Group regen + ward against elemental
    43 - Sylvan waters - Instant heal + regen
    46 - Verdant Rapture - Instant heal + regen
    50 - Hierophantic Genesis - Regen that immobilizes the caster

Wow, I don't even see another straight heal in there after Efflorece, looks like it's Bloom style spells for the rest of our career. Obviously straight instant heals were never intended to be part of the Warden subclass, Priest/Druid class thing only. Also seems you may be right, looks like our next (and last) single person regen isnt until lvl 42 after getting the lame Blessing of the Grove spell at 23. Some of the heals seem weird too though, like how we get Group Regen at 40 and again at 42. Then we get instant heal + regen spells back to back at 43 and 46, but where's the spells we get for 41, 44, 45, 47, 48, and 49? Hmmm, oh well.
    Message Edited by neblehK on 11-29-2004 03:48 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-iaegs Guest

My plan is to just craft a lot more than I adventure so I don't hit 23 before this is fixed. :smileysad:
  13. ARCHIVED-Sebastien Guest

I'm about to take the leap from Druid to Warden. Has there been any change or update on this topic?
  14. ARCHIVED-Xarnthal Guest

It's not an issue.
    You won't be using your regens, or should not be using your regens, after your upper 20's.
    You draw too much agro from them, that needs to be fixed before Blessing of the Grove should be fixed. But your regular heals (Effloresce, Nature's Caress, Bloom) are more than enough when you get a few levels.
  15. ARCHIVED-Xarnthal Guest

Also, I can't check it right now, but I do believe that Blessing of the Grove tic's every 3 seconds rather than every 4 seconds and ends up healing more HP over time.
    Which is what SOE might consider an upgrade.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Not use your regens? Are you crazy? I use regrowth constantly- especially on people just taking riposte damage or the like- and my aggro has improved over the past levels, not gotten worse.

Both tick every three seconds. At adept 1, Regrowth ticks for 97/tick. That's nothing to scoff at. Yes, BotG heals more in the long run, but for the 18th time, that's not what matters here- healing DPS matters.

Regrowth, Bloom, Nature's Caress and Effloresce are my staple spells, and which one I pick at any given time is situational, but Regrowth is definitely as important as the rest.
  17. ARCHIVED-Murferoo Guest

Just a quick note...

I agree, the issue is that BOTG doesn't heal fast enough, which as we level up is what we need most. My power pool is huge, but boy can it be tough in hairy situations. Don't get me wrong, I love my Warden and i'm floored how versatile he is...I had a 20 inquisitor in beta and my warden just outclasses my cleric in almost every conceivable way.

However, since you all want a little extra regen, maybe you guys could use that little spell you have called MOSSY BALM. lol...just made a post about this, I can't believe how few Wardens know of this spell, nevermind use it.

At 27 it heals for 16-18, and stacks with your regrowth. Use it, love it....perfect little HOT to top off casters, and to add to your regrowth/bloom for tank. In fact, I try to not use Bloom as the Regrowth/Mossy usually does the trick.

My Regrowth is adept 3, BOTG is adept 1 (heals for 68 at adept 1 btw...or something like that).

Really hope they up the heal amount on BOTG.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tubbers Guest

This is ridiculous. You may thing that more HP/sec is better, but this is not always so. I've been grouping with my 23 Warden buddy, (I'm a 22 Mystic). We have a nice quad person group going. Our tank never ever drops below 70% for long, if at all. This spell works wonderfully with Wards, even better than regen. I just cast Wards whenever they drop, and he casts BoTG whenever the Tank's HP drops, by the time I've gone through 2-ish wards the Tank recovers lost HP. It is extremely efficient, I can't stress enough how good this is, I can't wait till 24. Shaman/Druid combo has proven to be the best for a healing group, and IMO BoTG > Regrowth. The long lasting effect makes it work much better with Wards, which negate most of the damage.

Group Efficiency is better than individual efficiency, if you want a good group, grab a shaman and go to town, the combo is far better than Druid/Cleric or Shaman/Cleric, both of which tend to mess each other up and cause wasted MP. But because Shaman dont really HEAL, the Slower longer lasting BoTG is just plain better.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

I group with a shaman all the time. We're both 31. BotG simply doesn't keep up when mobs are smacking you around for upwards of 600 on special attacks.

Also, check your total healing on BotG versus Regrowth at 24. Regrowth is actually more efficient with respect to total healed versus mana spent.
  20. ARCHIVED-Murferoo Guest

Hmm, trying to understand why people are not getting the damage/heal second thing....

Let me see if I can put it another way...

BOTG is like regrowth, except it heals less per second but lasts longer, to almost heal the same amount...... the only thing I use BOTG for is on easy fights where I'm feeling lazy, and/or I use it as my 2nd regen in a chain cast situation (because regrowth wouldn't have recycled yet) if someone else took a decent sized hit but hasn't gotten aggro yet....

However, I just can't keep BOTG up doing double up orange/red mobs on the MT unless I want us to all die....why, because it can't heal fast enough. ...WHat does heal fast enough is Regrowth/Mossy Balm/Arcane Purification and then spot healing with Bloom/Effloresce as needed.

P.S. - I've actually found that during a heated fight, I have to CANCEL Botg on one of my non-tanks due to sudden aggro because it's not doing the job.

....Hey Caerywn, do you use Mossy Balm/Arcane Purification btw? To supplement your Regrowth?
    Message Edited by Murferoo on 11-30-2004 09:32 AM