Beta Server Updates

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Maevianiu, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Darkon Well-Known Member

I've tested this on live with both explicit slash commands to use items slots, and with abilities dragged over. They both create monstrous lag when multiple people are using them in a raid setting.

Abilities dragged over I'm referring to people putting all of their spells on one button and mashing 1111111111111111.
    Kinya and Maevianiu like this.
  2. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

How many people in your raid have and are using the Prismatic Key(if I may ask)?
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

My use charm macro doesn't use the drag'n'drop method but rather:
    use_equipped_item 20
    use_equipped_item 21

Like I said I don't notice much lag outside of the charms inherent high, unmodifiable recovery time. Even when auto attacks and abilities are going off smooth as silk using the charms feels like I am suddenly slowed and I get spammed with the 'recovering' message on my screen. I know Xelgad put the high charm recovery on his 'to do' list a while back but he's probably busy with some fun new stuff now.
  4. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Yes, I can hear the screams of the servers with every mash! The Prismatic Key is the item I'm worried about. How many people in the raid have/use that item with this macro?
  5. Darkon Well-Known Member

Of our 24 I'd say 20 have/use the key. That item itself doesn't cause inherently high lag.

Mogrim is repeating to you what I told him several weeks ago, that multi-line macros when spammed cause horrible lag.

This was very easy to test when you have ~10 players using 2 16 line macros pre-pull with insta-cast items. The game would get ~6-8 seconds of lag applied for the proceeding ~35-40 seconds.

It's just multi-line macros, rather than any specific item causing the issue currently (to the best of my knowledge and understanding).
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

will do got all my end level adventures and crafters copied any lower level zones you want tested? I can bring some low level toons as well
    Maevianiu likes this.
  7. Endymion Developer

We'd love to get some people together to do level agnostic dungeons! You need to be between 20 and 89 to run them; you can create a heroic character or bring over an existing one. :) Any activity at all is of course appreciated, as well.
    Maevianiu and Neiloch like this.
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Will the beta buffer be up for this? 'Cause I'm kinda a slowpoke leveler and don't have anyone in Vesspyr Isles yet. v_v

But level-agnostic dungeons I can test! Got lots and lots of chars in that level range!

Also anything crafting I can do. Park myself somewhere and writ-grind or go do crafting instances or whatnot.
    Maevianiu likes this.
  9. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

We could test the level agnostic dungeons with low level characters. Kinda kill two birds with one stone on that. And thats what I'll be doing myself. that is for anyone level 20 to 89.
  10. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Both crafting and level agnostic dungeons would be great.
  11. Jamiss Developer

I can definitely say that internal testing of the level agnostic dungeons has been very fun so get in there and do some! :)
    Gninja and Neiloch like this.
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I"m up in VI puttering, is there a chat channel I should be in?
  13. Endymion Developer

I think talk is mostly just happening in General. Can queue for dungeons and such too.
  14. Afista Well-Known Member

Is the /Beta add command not working to transfer over a copy oflive characters to the Beta server for testing?
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Command is just /Beta I believe - I copied two of mine last night.

Just finished an agnostic dungeon, Kael Drakken. Was a lot of fun, if also a lot of death. But I'm almost sure xp is not scaling. I think everyone else had heroic chars, lvl 85. I had a lvl 57 beastlord I copied from live. She dinged 3 times, and that was with 75% of her xp going to AA.

I imagine a lvl 20 who goes in there will be lvl 30 by the time they are done.

edit: Actually, I'm going to have to compare her to her live version later - I don't remember many AA updates, and with so much of her xp going to AAs, there probably should've been. But I could've just missed it.

Individualized loot was dropping fine. Pieces I got were all nice upgrades (though most of my gear is handcrafted, so I'd hope it would be). Of course, with the power-leveling in there, lower lvl chars will quite possibly outlevel their drops before they're done. Nevermind, Caith answered that while I was editing.

Have to go cook now, shall test more later!
  16. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Digging this so far. Running maxed out settings at 90 FPS is gonna spoil me
    Maevianiu and Caith like this.
  17. Caith Developer

The xp isn't correct, as the agnostic xp table has not been pushed to beta yet, so at the moment you are getting xp meant for level 89 players.
  18. Hammdaddy Active Member

And then you remember beta has 1/100th of the players on it that live does.
  19. Enric_of_Neriak Member

I think I was in that group. I was the level 89 tonga brigand. I was set to 100% XP -> AA. I started with 283 and walked out with 291. That's not odd for a grind group in SS but seems a like a lot for a heroic instance in an expansion that was extremely stingy with XP from mob kills.

Maybe it's intentional? Everyone can buy a heroic toon and run the dungeons or roll up a level 1 with friends and blast to 90. Although I hope they add dungeons for 90-95 with appropriate gear also. I don't want 95-100 to be trivial but I only have three characters that are below level 90. This has a very short life span for me since I don't like having more than one of a class.
  20. Enric_of_Neriak Member

I have a question. Is there any plan/way to add an FPS lock? Currently on live I can maintain a solid 50 FPS in dungeons with it being much higher most of the time. Overland zones are a much different story, while I rarely go below 30 in most areas even with several players the constant shift is annoying. It would be nice to be able to lock frame rate around 30-45 FPS. That way even though it isn't 60 FPS it's consistent and a consistent frame rate is more important to me than 100+ FPS.

I think the goal should definitely be to get the FPS of those with machines that can do it as high as possible though. To a point higher is certainly better.

Is that something that can be looked at as part of performance improvements or does that need it's own thread?