Beta Server Updates

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Maevianiu, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Never mind xD figured it out, but now I can't edit my post...:p
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

/Beta
    the only thing is that since its 20-89, a lot of mine are 95 :rolleyes:
    It was fun taking my little defiler in there! Currently she is just my weaponsmith, but I had her in there healing and it was rather fun. I may end up leveling my defiler after all. :)
  3. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Tried running Valdoon's for old times' sake w/ my 30 sk, my brother's 50 channeler, and my mom's 85 necro....looks like having such a big gap was kinda a blah choice :p couldn't hold a lick of aggro off the Necro, and the mobs seemed to have so much HP.

Think it averaged the mob stats more to deal with the 50 and 85 than me XD. Should be fun on Live for sure though if it kicks off well. The fact that they put a lot of the more challenging dungeons on the list should be interesting to some people. Jaw almost dropped that they put Befallen and Guk on that list.
  4. Gudum Active Member

Finally got a chance to try a level-agnostic dungeon, Befallen:Caverns of the Afflicted, and it was pretty interesting. Ended up running it solo after the other person had to leave (they were apparently dual-boxing the other two in the group). Was using my SK (level 20, 328 AA) that I normally use for dungeon maker, and didn't have too much trouble up until the Bonegrinder at the bottom, just couldn't kill off the mobs fast enough to get down to him. I could run through them and start attacking the boss, but they eventually caught up and finished me off.

Definitely need to do something about the totem of the succulent, after deciding I'd never be able to kill the last boss I used one, and it makes the level-agnostic dungeons as trivial as dungeon maker.
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Hm, so the Totem issue exists there as well? I've never used the totems really b/c I find DM to be somewhat irritating lately as far as trying to run them for fun. xD

Would honestly be nice to have the totem disabled in there, yeah.
  6. Gudum Active Member

Ran Maiden's Chamber tonight with my level 20 SK, a merc for a couple of the fights, and a level 57 Inquisitor following along just to see if group size made any difference (haven't been into the same dungeon twice to tell, but mob difficulty doesn't appear to be increasing with group size the way it does in dungeon maker). Didn't have too much difficulty until the fight with the three linked mobs, I was taking too long to kill Derzitha and getting hit with "Devastation" at about 120,000 damage, but managed to get past those with the help of a merc. Never could kill Drusella Sathir at the end, was fighting without the merc because of her bone shield, and always ended up dead with the rather comical description in the log that my head exploded with something over 4 million damage.

Also did part of the Library of Erudin, only got as far as Conservator Haidar, who would hit me with "Column of devastation" at around 170,000 damage.

Big nuisance with a low level is the amount of time it takes to actually kill something, but not really a problem (have not been using the totem of the succulent, that would speed things up, but a hit in excess of 100k damage is going to be instant death even with that).

Loot drops have not really impressed me yet, only managed to complete one dungeon so far, and haven't seen anything drop that is as good as the Mastercrafted Fabled.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Doubt the gear is supposed to match mastercrafted fabled 0.o who even has hundreds of those reactants lying around to bother with a full set? Don't think any of my alts have ever used the reactant gear b/c there's too few of them to be looted unless you're farming them or willing to sink loads of plat.
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I wonder if testers will be included in: o Oct. 1: Friends and Family Beta
    We had a wonderful time and got a lot done when they included us in Age of Discovery early beta... remember running every quest to see if the award(s) offered could be used by beastlords? Ah those were some fun times. :)
  9. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

xD Sadly, I missed out on the AoD Beta fun. Was around for part of ToV, and definitely making sure I have some time for the Oct 7th AoM stuff. I usually explore and report anything I happen to run into, though I've never really ran into many bugs personally.
  10. Loredena Active Member

I didn't know about how overpowered the totem was at low levels orginally. I use it on all my characters (yes, even the 95s) on the every little bit helps theory for both heals and damage. I have to admit though - once I found out about it taking a lowbie into a DM dungeon with it on was actually a lot of fun. Very entertaining to see how much I can pull and live through it.

I'd rather it not be disabled in the level-agnostics since I DO use it regardless of level, but I could see tweaking it a bit for low level groups. Though I would have thought with the power averaging that they are doing anyway, that that would be accounted for.
  11. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I think the Totem scales up as well, honestly lol.

I see how it could be useful, but it's like a crutch. The point of the Level Agnostic Dungeons is to get people grouping again...Totem allows the exact opposite :p
  12. Glundar Active Member

Anyone having log in issues with the Beta? Currently been sitting on "trying login server #1..." for a while now.

Update - Don't worry cancelled and went back in and it worked.
  13. Skroink New Member

Hey guys if no one minds me asking but how long till the testing occurs today I am a euro player and just wondering untill all the fun starts so I can join in and help out with the testing :)
  14. Gudum Active Member

If you tried the level agnostic dungeons on beta, you might want to go back and look at them again. Tried one last night, and "Charasis:Maiden's Chamber" is a lot different than it was last week. My health seems to have been increased (or damage from the mobs decreased, not sure which one), but my damage output is much lower than it was. Last week I could take down the trash mobs fairly easily, now I run out of power when the mob is only half way down, and have to rely on a merc or another character to actually kill anything. Not sure how well I can hold agro against a high level, don't have one to try it with, and I realize this is a group zone, last week it was much too easy to do solo and needed to be changed.

The totem of the succulent is no longer a problem, it only triggers once per second, and the heal/damage amount is more, a little less than 400 heal/damage, but it doesn't slaughter stuff the way it used to. Dungeon maker is behaving differently on test also, can survive much better without the totem now (took on 45 mobs solo without the totem and survived, can't handle a third of that on live server), health is buffed more, and seems I can cast faster, as well as some spells/abilities have reduce recast time.
  15. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Oh, nice. xD

Also, random question while we're on the subject of Charasis....am I correct in remembering that's the "lol, curse'd ya!" zone where you need at least a cure pot, if not a healer? Swore one of the ones on the initial list was the one really bad about curses in the RoK era.
  16. Caith Developer

There are a few changes to these zones from the original, one of those changes is removing all curses, since they are intended to be playable by levels that do not have access to cure curse, as well as group makeups that may not include a player healer. There are a lot of spells to go through, that are cast from a lot of different mechanisms, so it is possible that one was missed. If one was missed, it will be changed from a curse as soon as it is identified.
    Loredena likes this.
  17. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Nothing missed that I know of, just one of the few I haven't gotten to at least see the front door for. Remember the fights being pretty intense there in RoK, is all. Good to know they're balanced with healer-less groups in mind though, since that may happen on some occasions. And unlike poison/arcane/elemental pots Curse ones have a pretty strict minimum level and no variant pot from what I can recall.
  18. Loredena Active Member

Did the Library with my undergeared 51 mystic, my husband's (heroic) 85 trouby, and Lord and Lady. Went really well and was a lot of fun! I received a level-appropriate item that was a definite improvement as well. He received a level 80 item that wasn't as good as what he had, but that's not entirely a surprise. Hard to judge experience, but it was scaled down (we compared #s) and seemed reasonable. I doubt these will replace DM grinds or the usual powerlevel locs like Seb and Chardok, but they definitely give another option for those not racing up!