Beta Server Updates

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Maevianiu, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

We have our first round of performance increases on Beta right now. There are more coming, but this first round we want to do some load testing and get it out to live as quickly as we can. This affects every aspect of the game: quests, tradeskilling, items, combat, pvp-combat even housing. So we need to test as many different things as possible.

Please join us on the Beta server, Wednesday, August 27th starting at 3PM and going on until whenever!

Gninja is promising Punch and pie!
    Kurisutaru, Kinya, Tariya and 3 others like this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

So just to clarify, this isn't any Altar of Malice stuff yet, instead it's all the awesome optimization stuff you've been working on for the past few months?
    Maevianiu likes this.
  3. Endymion Developer

4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'll be there!!
    Maevianiu likes this.
  5. Hammdaddy Active Member

Can i bring my brigands for cruor?
  6. Karsa Active Member

Lol red card on Hammdaddy...
    Kinya and Feldon like this.
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'll be going!

Hopefully Maev sets up one of those 20 ranger raids from the PvP server.
    Maevianiu likes this.
  8. Hammdaddy Active Member

Not sure if ranger max hp debuffs stack, if they do
    20x5 = 100%!
    Edit: Also good job on only fixing 3 stacking ones and not all of them.
  9. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

I will bring over my houses! Or at least, my carpenter.
    Maevianiu, Neiloch and Moonpanther like this.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm omw (if not too late lol).
  11. Enric_of_Neriak Member

Is this the performance update that's been on beta since June 11 and you're looking to stress test?
    Maevianiu likes this.
  12. Xelgad Developer

If you have other ones that you have tested and know they stack, feel free to let me know in a private message. We tested all of the max health debuffs and those were the only ones that stacked in our testing.
  13. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Something I'd like to throw out there - it seems that macro'd "use item" commands cause massive lag.
    For example - a macro that says this:

Cast Spellbind
    Use: Prismatic Key
    Use: Fabled Mutagenic Ravasect Puncher
    Use: Icy Dragon Essence

When an Illusionist announces Time Warp, generally a mage would want to spam this macro and have all their temps up for the Time Warp. However, if a few players in raid spam a macro like this all at the same time, it SEEMS to be a source of a lot of lag. I can't say so 100% but I have a very very strong hunch.
    Maevianiu likes this.
  14. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I know those activated charms have their own 'recovery' and with how high casting speed and recovery can be these days feel like a significant speed bump when in use compared to abilities, but I haven't noticed them contributing their own overall lag.
  15. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I think it is the macro itself that is contributing to it - perhaps because of something from a macro command attempting to use an ability and 3 items being clicked repeatedly. I think something about doing that is what is contributing to that.
    Maevianiu likes this.
  16. Neiloch Well-Known Member

What I am looking forward to is someone whining about something related to this when they made zero effort to come help test. That's not extremely frustrating at all.
  17. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Oh man. That was not fun. Only two of us would usually show up as healers. Both templars too so we'd be competing with each other for loot. Ugh... not fun at all.
  18. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

That plus a little bit more. It hasn't really had any stress/load testing done on it yet would like to throw a lot of people at it before promoting to live.

One thing I would like to do is get a LOT of people into Vesspyr Isles. Its a high load zone as it has people adventuring, zoning, brokering, etc. We also have a memory issue with it on live right now that should be fixed on beta and I want to make sure that is working right as well.
    Enric_of_Neriak likes this.
  19. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip on this one! I'll check it out.
  20. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Did you make the macro by dragging the items/spells into the macro or are you using explicit slash commands? If you are using the commands what is the exact syntax of the commands you are using?