Beta News

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Bremer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ZhouyuTheGreat Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    Thank you, finally someone noticing what a difference 50% damage reduction makes lol. We are talking a full 1/2 ..not a 10% not a 15% ...full 50% for a full 32 seconds. I just don't see why any zerker should complain.
  2. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

ZhouyuTheGreat wrote:
    29k is afk dps... of course you can be afk if everyone else is.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Ok as a zerker i dont need or want any skills to help me take hits better. Thats putting us even closer to guardians and i want to be different not be closer to them.

There giving guardians dps to rival ours and there giving us more ways to take hits better? Thats makes no sense.

I know we are tanks first but again my zerker has no trouble taking hits. He needs dps for agro. And if im not MT, and alot of the time im not, then the spell is garbage.

I dont want to be able to take hits like a guardian and i dont wanna do dps like a swashy...But i wanna do a good deal more dps than a guardian. Thats what i thought this class was suposed to be.
  4. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

I don't get it. So many people have complained about how we have so little in the way of survivability over Guardians, and we finally get an ability to help our survivability by quite a bit and people are griping about it already. Sorry they didn't give us a two second recast AE decapitate, but I think this ability is pretty cool. It helps I'm MT and run with a Dirge and Coercer both in the group, plus I have the Cloak of Woven Leaves and plenty of other power clickies. Most fights, unless there is a really bad power drain I barely go below 90% power. For me this ability is awesome. Betray to Guardian if it sucks so bad. I'll stay with Berserker thanks.
  5. ARCHIVED-schizolic Guest

its not that people are complaining about our survivability, but the fact that our dps drops while guards dps goes up. sure, they give us a tanking ability, guards have that in spades. guards have the snap aggro and hate controll while we are relying on our dps which is getting worse and worse, while, once again, guards dps is going up. i think most of us would be happy with increased dps over defensive abilities. not the 2 sec recast decapitate, but at least make our upgrades worthwhile. From what ive seen, the new ca's are barely upgrades over the older ca's. And how come, whenever they give us a special ability now, they have to throw in some sort of huge penalty? loss of mit and resists with juggy, ok, loss of almost all of your power and the ability to berserk with adrenaline... that really sucks.
  6. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

well i sure hope so, because by the description is eats 3% per tick for over 10 ticks which is 30% power and then eats a final 50% on termination for a total of 80% power. generally speaking if you don't have enough power to cast and finish a spell it will not allow you to cast it, meaning this would only be useful on pulls only where you would be required to take clickable zerk regardless of what EoF AA lines you are using to make this spell usable. clickable zerk is somewhat useful sure, but the fact it actually decreases berserk when it finally procs by 10 haste/DPS is what boggles my mind.
    problem is we have alot of MT zerks and alot of OT zerks, both giving their opinion where the MT zerks are the ones who got what they wanted where the OT zerks are losing their place slowly. sure you can't have it both ways, but you also have to understand why some think this new ability is completely useless.
  7. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

I think Adrenaline is a great spell (with the power cost it has currently in Beta).
    But SOE's timing is as always excellent. If we got the spell with KoS it would have been perfect, a perfect class balance between Guardians and Zerkers. Here the offensive Warrior that generates hate with his massive damage due to his dps/haste buffs and can also tank some hits, there the defensive Warrior with more defensive buffs and Reinforcement. A balance where you had the choice which class you wanted to take.
    But we get the spell now, where the field where we used to excel completly vanishes and you have the "choice" between us or a class that has superior defensive buffs, superior aggro tools about the same dps...
  8. ARCHIVED-pal4266124 Guest

interesting. maybe adrenaline works off base power of the character, not power when geared/buffed? check how much power your character has with no any items and buffs.
  9. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    Its not a tick, its half a tick and its 5%... eating a total of 100% power. Being a MT zerker i can personally say this is NOT what i wanted and this is NOT why i rolled a zerker. I enjoy putting up big numbers and a skill that eats all my power for little benefit is not assisting me with that.
  10. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Bremer wrote:
    wth, thats because it has no termination cost... of course its good when it doesnt gobble your power.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    I know, it's fine because it doesn't do what it says. Losing 100 % of your power for taking less damage for 30 seconds would be a joke (a real bad one)
  12. ARCHIVED-inshiningarmor Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    How are you going to create enough hate to keep the mob on you to use this skill?
  13. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

inshiningarmor wrote:
    That is a really good question and probably no one can give you a good answer an that.
  14. ARCHIVED-ZhouyuTheGreat Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Try playing the game on hard mode and see how much raid dps your raid can put out. (meaning play on a pvp server as a freep only guild)
    This ability is extremely useful the way i see it. Atleast to me, I always thought berserker was a tank class that did a fair amount of dps, not a dps class that could tank on the side. (thats swashy not zerker) and considering most of our t6 and t7 CAs were about more dps or AE aggro, its nice to see zerkers getting a straight up tanking abilitly. I also fail to see how a 40% chance to do a frontal AE is going to make the guardian's dps soooooo good.
  15. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

inshiningarmor wrote:
    Ask the EQ2flame zerker boys, they don't even taunt!!! When they do they use Tier 1 taunts.......so they say.
    We finally got a group/raid saving ability, and it really isn't a bad one at that, if you have the final in STA line and use this ability while the healers get the MT back on his feet, this is a golden ability for 32 secs, after the MT is back up, u click the ability off which means it doesn't consume 100% of your mana, use hearts, items and what ever other mana regen you can get to get back to 90% odd and get ready to use it again if you have too. If you in the MA/OT group, then your going to have a Illusionist in there, Tranquil Trance for the win.
    I see this playing a big part in our group and raid utility, its a pity that some out there think its a crap skill, if you read the description of the skill and have any remote knowledge of a Berserker from a lore perspective, this is actually quite fitting, sorry its not the end all be all skill you guys wanted, but I am happy with it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

inshiningarmor wrote:
    thats kinda my point...
  17. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

ZhouyuTheGreat wrote:
    Are you high? First off Q is hardmode. Second off 29k is pathetic for FP based, you have brigs, assassins, necs i mean [I cannot control my vocabulary].

Seriously if your healers only did 500DPS and you had 7 of them thats 3500.

29000-3500=25500 dps for the remaining 17 people to do.

On average a person would need to do less then 1500 DPS... thats litterally a wizzard casting 1-2 spells a fight.
  18. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

so are they planning to "fix" the power cost of it then?
  19. ARCHIVED-Wargurine Guest

ZhouyuTheGreat wrote:
    The guard ability is different though. Its DESIGNED around helping others, while ours is DESIGNED to help US take hits. Thats the difference, and why there is no incongruity in my statement. You know how much 50% less dmg is gonna mean to me? Jack crap because the mob won't be staying on me for very long without the power to do any CA's/taunts.

You know what I would want to have to tank with? ANYthing that doesn't have such a huge drawback to it. Why should we have to pay out the nose, let alone pay at ALL for a tanking ability? Are we not tanks after all and thats part of our job? I mean, jfk, come on already.

I have no intention of betraying to guard, but you should do us a favor and stop talking because you have no idea what your talking about. 29k raid dps? Ooh, yeah, ok, my guild does 35k, more than that on big AE fights. GL holding aggro on that with just auto attack.

ZhouyuTheGreat wrote:
    Its not the 40% AE auto attack alone (a lot already had that), but to get it before RoK, they had to sacrifice another line, so no haste, or no melee crit, or no sta line. Now, they can get them ALL. I mean dang, go look at thier pares they are posting, 6k on the big pull in FTH is pretty impressive, add in more AA, and that number will only go up on big pulls in RoK. 6k is just as good as a top geared zerker can do on that pull too, maybe 2-300 dps lower. So now add in yet another AA dps line and they will be able to surpass us on AE fights. W T F?!? I thought we was the AE dmg tank, not guards.
  20. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    define fix? as in make the skill useful by keeping it the way it is or making it crap and matching the spell text?