Beta News

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Bremer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ZhouyuTheGreat Guest

Bohow@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Here is the deal from my prespective. The power cost is steep, but fro mthe looks of it this is how its going to work, you hit the CA and you start taking 50% less damage without any penalty for the next 32 seconds. Then after 32 seconds, you lose 50% of your power (since it doesn't say max power, i guess its 50% of whatever u have left ?) and then it will start to tick 5% for 30 seconds then we are back to normal.
    Now put it in prespective, a raid encounter right now hardly takes over 25-30 seconds in FTH. Most trash AOE fights will end before 32 seconds, so that means we can now go all out attack, pop juggernaunt and hold aggro, there is no power lost issue here because by the time the CA expires the fight is over at that rate. Once you go out of combat, would it even matter ? if you are MT your power will be back to 100% by the time you give the 5 secodns countdown for thenext pull lol.
    Now if its a boos fight, and a long encounter, it wouldn't be a spell to use just anytime you wish, at certain times when the mob is about to do some nasty AE or increases his attack speed is a good time to use the ability. Note that for the 32 seconds u taking less damage you have all the time in the world to build aggro, then after that you lose 50% of your power (still need to know if its 50% of max power or 50% of what u have left) but you will be channeled, hearts, power regens, and if you have the stamina line thats 10% less power that is added to health. You wont be drained completely out of power with this spell, if indeed you do, it sucks true but stil lcan be useful. Considering the amount of power regen MT has. So its not the end of the world really, it is in fact a great ability.
    Thats atleast how i see it.
  2. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

I made some test, it's always using the same amount of power, 1k2 with the full set and 125 all tick. So I guess only count the base power, without item and stat. Need to test it without any item on me to see.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Leik OMG!1!!1 OOM 4 tauntage! Howz am I h0ld1ng aggro!!!!

It's simple, are you MT? You should have enough aggro boosters to deal with it. You also have 30+ seconds to build up a massive amount of aggro. That is, if the mob doesn't die before then.

Are you OT instead? Well use rescue and a couple taunts. You shouldn't be so far down the list that you can take aggro. If it was impossible to take aggro when the MT dies, what the hell are OTs for in the first place? Sure, you can split tank, but that's not all they do... Also, as noted above, you have 30 seconds to build up a large amount of aggro on top of any boosters.

Oh no!! What about the rest of the raid!!! I forgot they are mindless drones unable to stop their ub0rz! DPS!! They're like rabid cows on crack careening through the bowels of damage calculation!!! If only there was a way to say, "Adrenaline popped, (burn it down quick/take it slow until we recover)!" But no! Instant death awaits!! As I click the Adrenaline before me, impending doom races to claim it's frenzied prize! They shouold like call it, Insta-raid-wipe or something, it's such a hackzorzed piece of poo!!! Nerfed I say!!! We are nerfed!!!!

Seriously, how have you guys been raiding all this time and not be able to figure this out?

And another thing, If you betrayed to guardian, why not pretend to know what you are doing over on their forums and let the rest of us pretend to know what we are doing here.

Ah... must be the Zerker-envy!
  4. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Darkhain@Venekor wrote:
    its broken, like i said 5 other times.
  5. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    Do you even know what we are talking about or are you just trolling? Really
  6. ARCHIVED-Wargurine Guest

Have either of you ever actually raided Kaberu or Zhouyu? You claim to, but don't seem to have much experience with it by the way you talk. I don't care if its 8 mins into a fight, if you run oop, your going to lose aggro soon. END OF STORY. I don't care if you can have a coercer help you out, etc etc, the fact remains that we should not be required to use a certain class/item or combo of the two as a crutch to use our T8 AT, its that freaking simple.

Also, if you actually READ the spell, it says on termination, not when it expires, but on termination. So I am assuming (since I aint in beta to test, and its bugged there anyways) that even if you click it off, oh look, you just terminated it, hello 100% power drain (50% + 5 10% ticks = 100% for those that can't do math).

And btw, who the heck are you to look at Skel, who has MT'd everything in the game including AoM and say he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to raiding? that actually kinda made me lol
  7. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Trolling would be if I went and posted in class forums to which I no longer belong.

As for Bohow, I've raided plenty. I've been raiding since before any expansions and was even in serious contention for a server first on Unrest for unlocking the frogloks. (Back when our Raging Blow line taunted by positions and we could pull adds off instantly despite the MTs aggro... ah! the good ol' days!).

I also fully understand that it trivializes most of the game. Now if this changes with RoK, then I'm all aboard to the raid grind-fest again, but right now, it's just not worth it when most of my friends are not full time raiders. My choices were essentially: continue raiding and not have time to group with my friends (and trivialize the content when I do have time) or spend time, you know... actually having fun playing a game that is challenging and entertaining.

I know it's a hard concept to understand, but it does happen! Of course, the harder concept would be in understanding how I purposely ditched (via giving away, selling, or refusing to win via DKP bidding) on fabled raid drops to people more enthusiastic about raiding in order to maintain a certain range in capabilities (that range being my friends).

The end results matter not to me, it's the experience that counts

Who am I to pick on Skel? Since when do I have to be anyone? I think you overrate your importance. Perceived experience does not equal applied intelligence. Most of what I see are quotes via rote. Nothing new even when the information becomes stale and invalid. There is also a severe lack of perspective which will never be overcome as long as you continue to fluff your feathers and strut about thinking you are king of a herd when in reality, you're no more than a metaphor (much like this sentence).

How hard is it to understand that you use the ability when you really need it or when 30 seconds is enough?

A dead tank is of no use but that didn't stop people from using Unyielding Will before the death was preventable... why is it suddenly different now?

My theory lies in the assumption that raiders have become soft, but I'm sure we'll see plenty of blathering claiming the contrary
  8. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Just tested it, without any gear it's an initial 50 % drain plus 10 x 5%, so that's the problem, will certainly be fixed. If you cancel it before the final applies it won't trigger, so this is obviously broken as well. Or does anyone think losing 100 % power for taking 32 seconds less damage is as well intended as losing no power for taking 31.9 seconds less damage?

And with jumping in and take aggro. If the Paladin sees the MT dying he just presses his new spell and becomes no2 on hate list and after the MT is dead he has the mob and then you jump in with not overwhelming DPS, no hate position increaser and 30 seconds later you lose 100% of your power and with it 50 % of your dps/hate gain...

It just sucks, everyone can simple play around with hate position to get to the top of the list except us and we get nothing to compensate this, eg superior hate gain...
  9. ARCHIVED-BoneSmasher Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    Now that was funny.
  10. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

we're zerkers, we have uber DPS, why would we need some uber hate gain spell?
  11. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    From the official forum rules

"Trolling" is defined as: Posting with the intent
    of stirring up trouble or to incite disruption. An example of trolling
    would be posting to a thread without the intent to provide constructive
    suggestions or comments and instead making disruptive comments.

Also just because my class changed doesnt mean i magicly forget what it is to be a berserker. Grow up
  12. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i guess i'm a troll, as after a half a dozen thought out posts i was edited for trolling on the "other" class forum.
    i giggled because it's sad that they don't want to hear our side of it, even after they asked the question and when you start stating facts they go off on a tangent.
    i'm sure this will get edited also as we are not allowed to have any freedom of speech here either.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    That's the perspective issue I mentioned... a literal interpretation of a non-literal statement. It's almost always out of context or removed from context when we get "advice" from some (certainly not all) of these top-tier raiders and that doesn't seem to be dying down any time soon. Maybe I just needed to label everything! <-This is sarcasm too, like the trolling statement!

You don't need to forget, you've become disillusioned by the berserker class as anyone can tell. It's a perspective many of us do not share and it does not help us when we get information from someone who thinks the Berserker is now a second rate class. It's more than obvious that raiding has skewed your perspective even when you were a Berserker and it's only a matter of time (probably very little time) before it skews your perspective of the class in general.

It not really personal, but we need to keep the information as clean as possible and not let truly helpful Berserker info get washed out with a soon-to-be tide of, "Guards rulzez!" in one form or another.

Who really wants to read, "How to be the best Berserker!"
    By: Someone who thinks Guardians are better!

Despite whatever reasoning has been slung around, I think you've found yourself in a bad position. You are the Main Tank and are a min/maxer by design of the raiding enviornment. Guardians have always excelled at straight tanking functions with the possible exception of aggro generation. I'm surprised it took as long as it did for you to realize this. We don't all play Berserkers because we need the maximum defense and taunting, we're not looking to play it safe with tanking like a Guardian.

Personally, I play a Berserker because it's a higher risk class. I excel at fighting multiple mobs but it's also the easiest way to die if something goes wrong. The Adrenaline ability is a perfect example of that risk-taking spirit and I for one think it's an amazing ability to add to the arsenal. I want to charge into a battle and go head to head with the mob, matching my blood and sweat against my enemy's! Sheer force of will is what I battle with... go ahead, cut out my heart! For I'll take your head! Want my power? Have it! For I'll take your soul! I may fall into the grasp of hell, but I'm taking you with me!!!

That's what I am as a Berserker and what you apparently do not want.

See that, or leave it be.
  14. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Wow you are really dumb, i have already said i betrayed for testing purposes and my betrayal isnt set in stone.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Nah, not dumb, maybe hopeful <-yes, sarcasm again!

Edit: Oops! hit post too soon!

I'm sorry, did it say Temporary Guardian of Aftermath? I must have missed that part... or are you referring to some other post in some other thread to which has no reference within this thread?
  16. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    Good post Kab, I think we have been pointing this out for almost......only a year now.
    Skel, no offence but you would probally do well to take your test toon to the Guardian forums and let the Zerkers talk about zerker skills. It will save you alot of face around these parts, just bow out respectfully.
  17. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Hey look its the 2 anti skel trolls in one thread... awesome
  18. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    This is what we are talking about, you think its about you and it isn't, it is about the zerker class.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    This is my problem with whats going on here. Our "Uber" dps aint as uber over guardians as it once was. And after RoK the dps gap is ganna close even more. We simply dont have as much of a boost over guardian dps as we should IMHO.

And lay off the personal attacks please. Its not what the forums are for and your ganna get the tread locked.

Some of us disagree, who cares. We all have opinions.
  20. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Kage848 wrote:
    How did this go from being about Adrenalin to another guard vs zerk post? Have you compaired our Epic class ONLY weapons to a Guards in RoK? Have you compaired our Legendary and Fabled sets to thiers?
    I mean honestly guys, whats with all the people jumping on the band wagon who haven't even tried or tested beta? You guys don't even know what is in store and there is more of a reason that Skel betrayed then just our final ability or DPS.
    Who cares about single target DPS, Guards get close to us, big deal, they will never come anywhere near as close to us on AoE agro control, and that is where a Zerker shines.