Beta News

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Bremer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

No more NDA, so here some information:

As expected there will be no upgrade for Vision of Madness, Open Wounds, Unyielding Will and Juggernaut. There'll also be no upgrade for Guarded Vehemence. The Beserk procs will be upgraded (each by awesome 3 points).

There was nothing changed with the AAs (EoF or KoS), the impact on class balance is as expected, as you can see by Skel's betrayal. He was also in the Beta.
    There are tons of items with haste, dps, double attack, crit, so this pretty much annihilates the bonus of our Beserk buffs.

Our new set:

How it looks, not overwhelming, but in my opinion a lot better than the old (sorry for the Fae " /> ) :

[IMG]

And the items (someone at SOE must be obssesed with the Demolish/Ram line, but obviously not enough to fix the power cost...):

[IMG]

(Rage is Turmoil/ Destruction V2, was renamed today because we allready get a spell called Rage at 34)

Links:
    \aITEM 1181336262 -1351303582:Berserker Barbute of Furious Execution\/a
    \aITEM 172564463 1567656449:Berserker Breastplate of Furious Execution\/a
    \aITEM 1136213946 360234473:Berserker Spaulders of Furious Execution\/a
    \aITEM -1059949132 701434128:Berserker Gussets of Furious Execution\/a
    \aITEM 726219016 2106112859:Berserker Gauntlets of Furious Execution\/a
    \aITEM -225571259 462648033:Berserker Greaves of Furious Execution\/a
    \aITEM 1496915256 194512154:Berserker Sabatons of Furious Execution\/a

71-80 spell list:

71 - Aggressive Defense (Taunting Defense)
    71 - Frenzied Hits (Frenzied Blows)
    71 - Trespass (Breach)
    72 - Insolence (Insolent Gibe)
    72 - Mock (Outrage)
    72 - Unflinching Stance (Courageous Will)
    72 - Weapon Counter (Weapon Aegis)
    73 - Head Crush (Ruthless Strike)
    73 - Relentless Rage (Combative Rage)
    73 - Stunning Bellow (Stunning Howl)
    74 - Berserk Rage (Engulfing Rage)
    74 - Trample (Stampede)
    75 - Blood Regeneration (Blood Craze)
    75 - Bloodshower (Bloodbath)
    76 - Bellow (Berate)
    76 - Abandoned Fury Stance (Unrestrained Fury)
    76 - Rouse (Roar)
    77 - Invasion (Persistent Battering)
    77 - War Fury (War Cry)
    77 - War Pledge (Violent Pledge)
    78 - Hold Rage (Suppresed Rage)
    78 - Ram (Demolish)
    79 - Anarchism (Mayhem)
    79 - Body Check (Agonizing Press)
    79 - Wall of Madness (Wall of Ferocity)
    80 - Adrenaline
    80 - Dismember (Disfigure)
    80 - Intrusion (Beserker Onslaught)
    80 - Turmoil (Destruction)

M2 choices at 75: Frenzied Hits, Mock, Beserk Rage, Bloodshower
    (pretty obvious Mock is 1st choice, Beserk Rage gives only 1 haste/dps more than M1)

Our new spell with and without set bonus, spell upgrades increase duration (A1 = 24 sec):

[IMG][IMG]

The initial power drain doesn't seem to work, but I'm pretty sure they'll fix this.

What else is there to tell? Well, they weren't joking when they said RoK is big. On the map the RoK continent has two times the zize of Faydwer.
    I deleted my char several times and created a new one because it was faster than travelling by foot or griffon
  2. ARCHIVED-Oldlore Guest

Thanks for the info. Sort of what I'd expected given the comments here and on eq2flames. A bit disappointing how little berserk is being upgraded, 3% haste/dps is negligible once youre into diminishing returns and it seems like RoK has alot more gear with bonuses on it. The final ability seems a bit overdone as far as the power req imo.
  3. ARCHIVED-schizolic Guest

wow, first time ive have a chance to actually look at the spell. had read that it was a loss of half your power on termination, but the way that reads by the time its over you will be completely out of power, except for whatever you have gotten back per tick.

dont worry, guys, that sound right behind you is just the devs pulling the rubber gloves up to their elbows, bend over, this will all be over in a minute....
  4. ARCHIVED-Tyrion Guest

Ha ha, grats on the new MT ability of all fighters in RoK. This rocks and why I said to wait until RoK in my earlier posts.
    Power management is a joke, especially in the MT group. Coercer's Channel after this spell ends anyone? Enchanter Feeds, Coercer+Dirge Regen, Vampiric Pommel, Hearts+Shards, and of course Cloak Of Woven leaves, let alone any other new loot we havn't heard of that might trivialize power regeneration further makes the power loss non-existant at best. Perfectly fits in with the Berserker mind-set of grabbing a ton of crap at once and letting it all beat on you till your group has smashed it to pieces. Limited use yes, but extremely useful on pulls that matter; and when did anyone ever care about pulls that didn't.
    Please don't [I cannot control my vocabulary], this and Monk's Peel are top dollar spells.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

The new skill names make us sound like burglars. Haha.

Adrenaline sucks just as hard as I imagined. In fact it sucks more. It requires berserk. There is no ability in the game it can even be compared to it costs so much power. The recast is incredibly low though, so at least we can be perpetually out of power.... As if that's really a bonus.
  6. ARCHIVED-ZhouyuTheGreat Guest

Kemt@Venekor wrote:
    Why are you complaining, the reason behind the power cost is simple, they don't want us to take 50% less damage for 32 seconds and become the god of pvp/solo class. The power cost is there to make sure this ability is best used when in a large pvp fight or on a raid where power regeneration is ample for the MT.
    I just don't understand why you are complaining about such a useful ability, you were ******** and whinning about us not having a useful EoF tree ? you complaining about having to be berserk to use this ability ? (how on earth would a zerker complain about being berserk when they are berserk 99% of a fight is beyond me) but anyway ...you can now use the extra 20 points in eof tree and get yourself the instant berserk ability. /rolleye
    Also if you look at the final bonus on our armor set, reduces the power cost by 20% ....amazing ...
    Before you complain anymore ..why don't you compare our ability with the guardian's ? Sure they get a extra 40% frontal AE chance ...but our t8 ability is far superior for tanking then theirs is as it stands.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

ZhouyuTheGreat wrote:
    This abilitiy sucks *** big time. My Zerker has no problem tanking any zone in the game ( Heroic ). I dont need help taking hits. I need help when im NOT THE MT. This is a **** ability thats only good if ur tanking.

Raid has 24 players and only 1 tank. So unless ur that one tank this ability is usless. And im sick of getting penalty for our skills. ( Juggernaught )

I can care less about PvP, let them make a diffrent version for PvP. Like the little PvP tab on CA/spells. And who gives a **** about soloing. Who cares if we can solo! that dont mean **** to no one. SK's/Bruiser/Ill/Fury/Nec/Conjy/Lok/Wiz all solo better than us, and im sure theres more. I dont ******* care. When someone solo's better than me it dont effect me and i dont care. But when i get some **** *** lvl 80 spell for tanking and i cant get in a raid cause i dont offer anything, cause im not tanking then i care.

And dont tell me about some fabled set ill never have. Dont help me at all. I have been checking other lvl 80 special spells and so far we have got the worst one yet...Ill keep looking.

Sorry for the mean post but im a little upset about the class atm. Please forgive me

PS: no good AA's...no upgrade to Jugg or OW....and our lvl 80 sucks....Im ganna have to think long and hard about changing my main. And thats a shame cause i love my zerker but i dont see any reason to play him anymore.
  8. ARCHIVED-Oldlore Guest

So Adrenaline...
    Can it be used even when you're OOP or does it turn itself off or something?
    And what's with the "you are unable to go berserk for a short while" in the description?
    Edit: sorry mean to ask how long you couldn't go berserk afterwards. I assume it's just a short while. Not needing power to cast is good at least...another use for clicky zerk ability hehe.
  9. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Power doesn't matter for casting, you just have to be Beserk and no Beserk afterwards means what it says
  10. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

I don't know are the armor sets final, they don't seem to be, atleast i hope so. Or then that is the mid-tier set, not high-end. Were the sets in EoF beta same as they are now?
  11. ARCHIVED-Wargurine Guest

ZhouyuTheGreat wrote:
    Dude, I am seriously starting to doubt that you have any knowledge of the zerker class at all. This ability is stupid, end of story. We shouldn't have to have a certain class, or a certain item, or a combination of both with us to make our abilities usefull.

Its not a usefull ability, and thats why he's complaining. And fyi, most zerkers are already down that tree and already have the instant zerk because its one of the few usefull abilities we get (can get jugger up on the pull).

Ok, so lets compare our T8 AT with thiers. Theirs won't increase thier tanking ability, however, it has a ton of utility. They get to increase the hate position of every fighter on the raid. Oh, the OT is having a hard time peeling adds, here ya go. Oh crap, some dps ripped the named, well let me just raise my hate position. And we get to...go here ya go dps, here's the mob because I don't have the power to hold aggro anymore, but I would be taking less dmg if it was still hitting me! And wtf does going down the AGI line have to do what so ever with the T8 abilities?? Did you seriously think that thier T8 AT was 40% AE auto attack? Wow, I think we got a winner for the "I don't pay attention to anything but try to talk like I know it all" award.
  12. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

All I can say is hummmmm. I don't know where to go with this, but I think I can understand Skels move now. I will play this out for a bit once rok is live, but I have a feeling that my berserker just isn't really going to be the personification of unbridled fury and aggression that I feel he needs to be. I will be checking this forum out and hope someone can give me a positive out look. As of now the I just don't feel that my berserker is truely what the definition of the berserker is and by what I am seeing here he still isn't. Peace eveyone.
  13. ARCHIVED-Igixnasii Guest

Kemt@Venekor wrote:
    Hmm... it appears as this ability is for use at the beginning of short fights where waiting recovery is possible... or at the end of long fights (such as Velucide used to be) where a large spike in damage occurs. The ability requires time to cool down to be sure as it's penalty is pretty steep if it works as displayed.

Arn't we supposed to get class defining offensive skills as our "special" abilities? This sounds like it was designed for a guardian then switched over and made worse (berserk requirement).
  14. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

I think they should change it to be like one of our old buffs at lauch, i think it was Blood Rage or something like that. It gave us AE proc while slowly draining our hp. Then they replaced it with the mighty regen line.
  15. ARCHIVED-Bodie555 Guest

At the moment adrenaline on beta is working but not how you would expect from reading the spell description.
    I can't remember the exact numbers (not logged into game atm) but beta buffed to 80 with full fabled class gear and approx 6200 power I was getting drained for about 847 power with the first hit and a further 84 power with each subsequent tick. If I removed one piece of class gear to lose the 7 piece bonus the first hit was in the region of 1200 and the subsequent ticks were about 120. The set piece effect reduces the power cost of adrenaline by 20%
    This was with the end STA line ability so I am assuming that the 10% power reduction from that was also affecting adrenaline.
    Oddly the spell description for the M1 states it will drain 50% of the power, however will the full set gear this drops to 40%.
    I need to go back and check these numbers again but it looks to me that the total cost of the spell (the initial hit and the subsequent ticks) adds up to 50% your max power. So the first hit is for 25% of your max power (minus the 20% for the set gear bonus and possibly a further 10% for the end STA ability) and the further 10 (or was it 8, really need to check this) ticks also add up to a further 25% of your max power( again minus any reductions). The power drains are always for the same amount no matter how much power you actually have left when you cast the spell.
    As it stands the power cost is not too bad but is it working as intended, who knows.
    Sorry I can't post the exact numbers at present :/
  16. ARCHIVED-ZhouyuTheGreat Guest

Bohow@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Hey before you go out throwing insults at players, first learn what you are talking about. Just look at the irony of your arguement : "We shouldn't have to have a certain class, or a certain item, or a combination of both with us to make our abilities usefull."
    "Oh, the OT is having a hard time peeling adds, here ya go. Oh crap, some dps ripped the named,"
    So ....wouldn't the guardian's ability also be based on other classes to be effective ? You come here and tell me I don't know jack about a class I play, yet you hardly are even able to make sense out of your own posts. Bottom line is, this ability is useful, extremely useful in fact if the zerker is the MT. You aretalking about taking 50% less damage for 32 seconds, do you have any udnerstanding what that means ? When you get to higher end content that means for 32 seconds anything that would hit you for 10k ..will be hitting you for 5k ...anything that would hit you for 20k and possibly woulkd one shot you would hit you for 10k ....and this is not a 3 time block ability like tower of stones, this ability lasts 32 SECONDS ! and yo ucan recast it 1.4mins later, (which you would be bale to reduce casting time) what else could a "tank" class ask for ? Ability to increaseour dps even further than what is now ? If you want to dps more zerker style go play a swashy, first and formost we are a tank class, and I'm happy to see us getting some major survivbility ability. On boss fights, this ability will be extremly useful, against trash mobs, it will allow oyu to pull tons of then, and use juggernaunt and still don't take much damage.
    What is there not to like ? If yo uwant to constenetly ***** about this, just do us a favour and go guardian already.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Adrenaline is as close as you will get to a "godsend" from SoE as we'll ever see. Especially for all the buckler specs around. A buckler specced berserker is probably one of the most powerful classes when OOM.

You want utility? Fine, when one of you betrayed Guardian MTs takes a hit and dies in a raid, watch a Berserker OT snag aggro and pop Adrenaline for a clean 30 seconds of relative easy sailing for the healers while they rez and recover you. Even if you aren't raid buffed, a 50% reduction in damage is more than you would see if you were raid buffed.

I've been in plenty of situations where this ability would have saved my group, saved me when I was soloing, and a few where it would have saved my raid. I'm also glad I never and will never ditched my perseverance line as this ability will make it all that much more potent when I don't have over-healing available in small groups or when soloing.

This ability is not useless, it's just not what you wanted. There is a difference, but at the same time I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a decline in the rest of Berserker population...

So by all means, consider it useless!!
  18. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

We have snap agro? And we can hold agro off good dps by auto attack alone? Man i really wish i had your skills
  19. ARCHIVED-ChopStix Guest

i'll have to disagree,

a paladin will step in and hit divine aura , and Holy Ground and have aggro set on him... your leaving out paladins........ with RoK, paladins are going to be very viable tanks, they're going to be rated right next to guardians if not equal, and pallys aggro control might even be superior after RoK.
  20. ARCHIVED-ZhouyuTheGreat Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    I afk tanked once with a raid that was doing 29k dps (fp only raid) Next time I wil lfraps it and show you.