Best warrior AA setup for group tank - no raiding

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Agnar D'Shar, Jul 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Bu££a2k Guest

[p]I've found that the following setup works well for me:[/p][p]44782 AGI[/p][p]44882 STA[/p][p]The permanent 40% AoE attack and 60% Double attack gives you improved single and group target DPS/Aggro control and you also gain an extra AoE. The end line ability of the Agi line is basically 12seconds of melee immunity every 3mins which is useful for when things go bad or for training through a bunch of heroics, it has saved me so many times![/p][p]The Badge of Service and the Ironplated Shielding should be cheapish on the broker, and if you have more plat to spend the one from Unrest is very nice indeed.[/p][p]Hope that helps.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Adramiss Guest

4,4,8 str/agi/int is by far the best dps build for pre raiding dps. Get a good 2hander like ketteleader's katana, and go to town. Its extremely hard to find a decent 1hander that works well with the sta build,(pre raid) and it basically destroyers your dps without one. With some good use of your skills, and decent time on your gear you wont be needing any AA help tanking till you get to Unrest/MM castle, and should be spending this time in offense stance, without a shield anyways. With this build, and some decent dps gear you should be averaging at the least 800dps zonewide,(thats what I averaged, and I was 2boxing main healer most of the time) easily keeping agro, and keeping you at the top, or close enough, of the dps charts.
  3. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Adramis@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I would have to strongly disagree with this. I did a parse with the ketteleader's katana, just auto attacking vs grey mobs to eliminate dps loss from misses. Here are the results with your AA setup and recomended weapon: [IMG] I did the exact same, with no gear change except my buckler was added in, with a pristine imbued xegonite morning star and here are my results with my tanking AA setup(not even full dps spec) and CRAFTED weapon. [IMG] You can see that the 1 hander which isnt even a droped weapon, yielded higher DPS. I also was not full DPS spec'd with the 1 hander plus i have the added benefit of higher avoidance.
  4. ARCHIVED-EbonyDwarf Guest

thanks for all the information! it helps alot
  5. ARCHIVED-Jengurorm Guest

[p]I decided to take your advice and try the STA line. I seem to have good dps, especially auto attack, and I mitigate damage well. It really does seem ideal for my situation (soloing and grouping in ordinary situations at level 32). [/p][p]Just to push the subject a bit more, if there were no STA line, what would you choose?[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Shodau@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Our class would be drasticly different with out that STA line, so lets not even talk about that =]
  7. ARCHIVED-AnAnimatedcorpse Guest

I have been wanting to obtain dragoon cyclone without sacrificing too much of STR and STA- any suggestions? I am mainly a buckler user, but would like to be able to pick up a 2hander if the mood ever strikes..
  8. ARCHIVED-Adramiss Guest

I make a post about pre raiding gear, and dps, and the best equiped berserker in the game, or one of the best, comes and shows me a worthless dps parse. Nice. Edit: Now that I think about it Skel, your using almost all the abilities of 1 AA build, and none of the other. All you proving is how much double attack helps....compared to nothing but not having double attack. Might wanna try again on that one.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

good morning mister, would you like to tell us where the problem is with a raid equiped char parsing a legendary 2h against a mastercrafted 1h instead of a somehow else equiped char? skel is not using accel strike in both parses additionally he is using kettleleaders which has 10 more dps than a crafted xegonite 2 hander (that difference is about equal or bigger than the buckler reversal dps), while the 1h is xegonite. the only thing he is most likely not using is the multi attack, which will solely give you dps in a multi mob fight, while still most encounters all over norrath are singles... oh yea, skel is using a tank spec here, meaning for dps you would spec the last few points out of sta and could go 448 agi or int, so we just killed the multi attack argument, you have no point, two handers suck, i am sorry.
  10. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    I ONLY auto attacked to make it as clear cut as possible in BOTH parses. I used NO SKILLS in either parse, and if you knew how to read a parse you might see that the only things used besides auto attacks were procs, which proc's almost equally in both fights. Even if i were to take reversal off, the CRAFTED 1 hander would still do more DPS then the 2 hander build.

My gear is pointless to even bring up because i didnt change ANY of it except the weapon you sugested and a CRAFTED weapon plus a CRAFTED buckler. So congrats, you have become better at not reading (350)
  11. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Cloven@Venekor wrote:
    Your only real option would be 448 str sta agi. If you cut any more from str/sta for situational dps it just wouldnt make sense. TBH i havent found DC to be that useful and alot of times when i go into instances i had to toggle it alot so i dont agro a different encounter. With OW being up so fast it just doesnt seem worth the AA to put into it. I could see its usefulness on PvP, but in PvE it seems like a waste.
  12. ARCHIVED-Adramiss Guest

You said you did the same thing with a Buckler, with your Tanking build...meaning you have double attack, gladiator's finesse, and all that other passive crap your build relies on while raising that parse of yours....so you have become better at not understanding yourself, or anyone else.(350) Please go back, and do a fair parse to both builds, instead of doing a one sided parse such as yours. Preferably one that doesnt just compare 2 weapons, and includes each of the builds strengths Show me one buckler reversal parse of a pre raiding berserker, averaging 800+ dps, zonewide, and Ill shutup, but Im sorry to break it to you, it wont happen.
  13. ARCHIVED-Adramiss Guest

And just for anyone who actually believes what Skel posted, same parses, no AA spent whatsoever..... 1hander: [IMG] 2hander: [IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

seriously what is your problem? now you parsed a two hander against a one hander WITHOUT any aas spent, in an aa thread? definitely proves your point as we all clearly said that two handers do less damage than one handers without any aas, yea right...
  15. ARCHIVED-Adramiss Guest

Follow the thread, and contribute Zarzu, or go away. He compared a 1hander to a 2hander(i think thats what he was trying to do anyways), to prove that 2handers are not that good, but did it in a unfair way. I just proved him wrong, and did it in a fair way. I wasnt going to respond to you in the hopes, that instead of being a sheep, you would read, and analyze yourself, but I seemed to have assumed to much. I do agree with you though. Im not sure why he did a parse of auto attack dps in an AA thread, but whatever, he said its to keep it simple, but nothing hard in parsing, so whateva.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

i am not the one who has to reread... you stated that using a 2hand with the aa setup mentioned is the best dps skilling possible for a non raiding zerker, skel answered that it's bs and showed a parse where he is comparing one aa spec against another only in autoattack, to break the comparision down: - he used a better 2hander than 1hander, the difference is equal to or bigger than what reversal did, so we just say the reversal dps is autoattack to make up for the inconsistancy of weapon choice. - he used str line spec to 8 points in crit with both, nothing wrong here - he didn't use a dmg oriented da spec, if we changed that you'd have 448 in agi there aswell, same as you have with 2hand, this cancels out, doesn't matter whether it is in the parse or not - the only thing different now is that one is 448 int speced the other is 448 sta, plus one is with 2hand other with 1hand obviously, there is no ability used of either of those lines (remember buckler reversal is not in that parse as it makes up for how much better the used 2 hand is than a xegonite crafted 2h), so what we see is that sta line does more dmg than the int line. oh and please do answer, because i actually do know how to analyze...
  17. ARCHIVED-Adramiss Guest

His build raises his auto attack dps by a significant ammount....my build raises his auto attack dps, by just about nothing. Its an unfair parse. He's basically comparing his build, to someone with no AA. I stated this already....like I said read and analyze. I'm not going to bother to respond to you anymore=/, unless you contribute something of value.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

yes his build increases it by a significant amount because the build results in superior dps, please tell me which uber cas you have over a dps oriented sta line build, oh yea it's exactly one (one if you overread, one) ca of the line you sacrificed for sta, while the sta line gives you buckler reversal for it... you're spec is str agi int 448, where everything only affects autoattack except for the three cas you get (all on the same timer) your statements have no content at all, you keep repeting something that you have not shown, show me where that advantage is you don't see in autoattack, you won't be able to. and please stop the crap about contributing, you're the one who speaks words of nothingness here.
  19. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Just let it go, he is an idiot.
  20. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Adramis@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Wow... I'm amazed. You managed to prove that a two hander will out DPS a one hander with no AAs spent. You are the man /sarcasm So your argument is that Skel's build (which is pretty much the same as mine) raises your auto-attack by a significant amount, while yours raises your...... what now? Where are these uber CAs coming from that raise your DPS so much? It's been proved time and time again on these boards that a two hander just can't beat a one hander+buckler build, but if you like playing with your two handers then by all means don't let anyone here deter you, after all, you pay your subscription fee not anyone here. Just don't come crying to the boards when you realize how **** your DPS is.