Best warrior AA setup for group tank - no raiding

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Agnar D'Shar, Jul 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

CA's easily have a cap on what you can do with them. Auto attacking however, can have a huge range and thats why its important to improve it and also why you would compare AA builds with JUST auto attack. Because casting x, y, and z ca the same amount of times yields the same a-b range no matter what AA build you have(with the exception of int-5)
  2. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

lost wrote:
    Which is actually a good reason to not be fully mastered....

When people ask me how close to fully mastered I am... I say I am almost all fully mastered... but to be honest on this toon... it's a lie.

All my buffs and stuff are M1... and the high DPS attacks... but alot of the stuff like the kick and the wild swing type junk... screw that stuff... I mash those buttons my DPS drops... I paid to AD3 them but M1 was something I only did to them if the spell happened to drop for me or my bros.

I should say "all the stuff that matters... the stuff I actually use... is mastered" but then you have to explain it to them that auto attack is more DPS than some of our attacks because to most people that doesn't make sense to do more work by pressing a button and doing LESS damage as a result. I don't have time for those people so I just say "almost all mastered" and leave the qualifying text off.

The only one I don't have M1 of that pisses me off.. is ironically named something similar to what the lack of it causes... Outrage... that damn thing is never for sale when I have cash... and because it's from DoF era even seeing it up at all is rare.

You can tell that it's important because every AA we get in KoS that is worth a grain of salt we use to improve auto attack.

I mean seriously... what good does double attack, haste, crits, DPS % mods, or AE auto attck do you if you are spamming CAs? If auto attack was not a huge deal why would we have several pages of conversation on AA specs that only impact auto attack dmg?

50-75% of our damage I think is auto attack if you have a good weapon... this is including procs that are triggered from auto attacks. If you have a treasured weap then maybe it might look like more damage is CA-based.... but a good weap makes auto attack huge.... paired with the right combo of AA's and buffs it's the bulk of your damage.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

test it with only open wounds, you will see nothing more than the haste, open wounds doesn't hit your primary target multiple times, destruction does because it procs an ae, open wound only gives you the chance to also attack other mobs in range. and about the cas that aren't worth it, not really true because every ca no matter how few dmg it does will increase your dps if you push it in between of two autoattack hits without delaying them.
  4. ARCHIVED-digitalblasphemy Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    I don't disagree with that you say. Everyone plays this game differently and their role on raids isn't the same either. For me I simply thought well why pick WIS or INT for the dps mod and haste when I'm self and group buffed at a consistant 100-150+ for each, 200+ for each if I'm blessed with good groupies. If I am able to get my dps mod and haste to the same numbers as yours without spending any points in WIS/INT then the situational dps of AGI is a boon.
  5. ARCHIVED-digitalblasphemy Guest

You are using OW and Destruction together. Destruction is the only one that will trigger multiple times on the same mob if you are fighting one, or on multiple mobs if you are fighting many. Open Wounds does not trigger multiple times on the same mob. I suggest you go try it for yourself and see how it actually works. You might actually realize it works exactly as the spell description says it does. You're original statement was factually incorrect. You said Open Wounds and Destruction would proc an extra hit on the same mob. That is not correct. Only Destruction does this.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wolphin Guest

[p]I know this topic was about AA for a group non-raid tank, but someone posted some screenshots of ACT here so I thought I will ask what I hope is a couple quick and simple questions about it...[/p][p]In ACT there are 4 columns that seem to have something to do with DPS but I noticed in the screenshots that you only showed 2 of them. What is the difference between "Ext DPS", "Char DPS", "DPS" and Average and which one is the one that people normally quote when they say they are doing such and such DPS?[/p][p]Also after I fight a bunch of mobs and go look at the stats under my name, should I look at the All under "Outgoing Damage" or "All Outgoing"? Because I noticed the numbers are not the same.[/p][p]I want to compare my DPS with my current setup and then again with a buckler (if i can find a decent one at 57 that doesnt require a raid) with the STA line but I want to make sure I'm looking at the right numbers.[/p][p]So if I killed 10 mobs and then look at the numbers under Outgoing Damage and they are Ext DPS 1119, Char 1391, DPS 1404 and Average 190 which one is my DPS that I should be looking at when comparing to other people who say their DPS is such and such? I just hope it's not the Average 190 lol... because I don't know if I should be crying or not.... [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

extended DPS is all you really need to be looking at. Average just means the average of the hits you made, so if you hit something 2 times... one for 10 and one for 12 average would show 11. You also want to look at the "all outgoing" once you have clicked on your charater. Also a mastercrafted buckler will serve your purpose till last 60's. Hope that helps
  8. ARCHIVED-DasanW Guest

[p]I have recently been playing around with different AA builds and have a question. For those of us that have not been able to get a 2+ delay one hander, would WIS3 be better than INT3? Or even STR3? The additional 22% of raw, constant DPS vs. crit (30%) chance, or 20% haste of a 1.6 wep would seem to be a better choice, but maybe I am missing something.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

well, deffinatly not better then str 3 because crits affect ALL your melee where DPS mod only affects auto attack. Not to mention the way the crit mechanic works, will yield alot more damage overall. The 2 main reasons i would take int3 over wis3 is because int will increase your procs(proc chance is based on base weapon delay, so hasting your delay will yield more swings at the base chance to proc) and int 2 is a very usable skill to where wis 2 is not.