Best warrior AA setup for group tank - no raiding

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Agnar D'Shar, Jul 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Agnar D'Shar Guest

[p]Hey all,[/p][p]After LU36, was wondering what the best warrior AA setup is for a zerker who:[/p][p]- MTs for a group of 4 to 6 whenever he can[/p][p]- DPSs at other times[/p][p]So I don't raid, and I use Mastercrafted equipment. What do you think?[/p][p]Brak @ AB[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

i really think there are more than enough aa threads here now and you won't get another discussion in this thread than in the other ones.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Ya know i dont get these replys...This topic already has a tread and such go look there...Yea maby this idea is already on other threads but so what...Same topic threads have been common on these boards forever. Whats the big deal all of a sudden. Let the man post its no biggy, becides asking for non-raid advise is fresh...All anyone ever gives advise for or cares about is raiding setups....Would a heroic setup be much diff? I dont dont know but there it is. Just let them post who cares.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

the only active threads atm here are aa threads, it's the one and only topic that is present, the 'tired of buckler', or whatever the title is, is about group tanking and in no way specializing on raiding. i won't stop anyone from posting, why would i, i am only saying that the information for such a general question is already here and every post to this thread will be redundant. i know it's cool to bash someone who tells people to look in other threads, therefore i forgive you !
  5. ARCHIVED-womperobu Guest

[p]Even with the GU36 changes, I don't think I'm going to re-spec away from what I have now. STR 4-4-8, STA 4-6-8-8-2, INT 4-1 [/p][p]I might take 2 away from STA2 and add it to INT2 *shrugs*[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Agnar D'Shar Guest

Yes - most posts about AA are for those that have mighty fabled weapons, or are looking to be uber-polarised tanks for raiding, or straight DPS.
    I have neither a fabled weapon, nor do I want to be the best DPS, nor the best raid tank. Slot me somewhere in the middle and I will be happy. This is the subject on which I seek advice.
    I have been watching this forum for years. Never seen a post-LU36 thread that answers my question. Just wondering if any more diligent persons than me have any wisdom they could impart on this subject :)

Brak @ AB
  7. ARCHIVED-womperobu Guest

Well you said you don't raid, and you use primarily mastercrafted. STA line is still the best way to go I think. Double attack, even after the nerf, is still very good and you have the added benefits of the buckler (STA2, riposte bonuses from STA4) so you have both offense and defense covered. Another idea, if you want to be different, would be something like STR 4-4-8, AGI 4-4-8, INT 4-4-8 with a 2-hander. No defense benefits or maybe spec down INT and go with either STR or AGI for the other line.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I've been STR 4-4-8-7 STA 4-4-8-8-2 for a good long while. As far as being able to tank single-group content goes, it seems to be just phenomenal. The minor tradeoff in raw block from buckler to tower shield is MORE than made up for with the rest of the buckler line's perks. STR 4-4-8 should be practically required for every berserker because of the crit bonus. Not to mention opening with Executioner's Wrath means you can get some wicked crits right at the start of combat, if auto-attack doesn't eat it. I've been contemplating changing from STR 4-4-8-7 to STR 4-4-8 INT 4-3 for awhile. The perks from using Acceleration Strike seem to outweigh Executioner's Wrath, as well as the hate gain.
  9. ARCHIVED-Volkov Guest

/looks around
    I am gonna get flamed for this, but WIS line for the time being may not be a bad idea since you are mostly mastercrafted. The extra 300 mit you can pick up, and the endline bonus will mean more to you at this point then it will later on. I used to run arround with a tower sheild and the wis line, and I was prob able to tank things that I shouldn't have been able to at that point. The problem is your agro will suffer, and that was what finally drove me out of the WIS line was due to my crappy parses when I was tanking. I was able to do decent with a good 2 hander I picked when I wasn't tanking. I needed major hate dump if I wanted to keep agro off of almost anyone without them cutting way back from what they should. Since I respeced to buckler line, i have noticed I am a bit more squishy, but I can hold agro better. Either way 4-4-8 in STR is def something you want to use.
    You said you group with 4-6, are they the same group most times? If so you can tailor your build a bit. If you have two healers and low hate gain STA would def be the way to go. If you have one healer or high hate gain you can do WIS until you can get some better gear (like EOF legendary, estate stuff, maybe a few pickup lab runs, etc)
    Anywho, I hope that helps a bit, I am gonna go hide now.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nimero Guest

What about a setup for the non-raiding zerks who disdain shields and just wanna hack away with duel wield weps?
  11. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

You're really not going to come close to the DPS of a buckler spec with DW. That's just the way it is right now. If you absolutely will not go buckler though for whatever reason, I'd probably spec something like 4-4-8 Str/Agi/Int for a pure DPS non-buckler spec. Honestly though you're just gimping yourself not going buckler.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jengurorm Guest

I am interested in this topic as well for my 25 Berserker. I personally don't like the buckler because I prefer the look of a tower shield and think a shield as small as a dinner plate looks ridiculous (I know that statistically it's an excellent choice).
    I solo mostly, but plan to tank more as my level progresses. What would you recommend soloing/grouping (not raiding) if you do *not* use the buckler?
  13. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

i dont understand why you would not want to use a buckler just because of looks. Thats like saying i hate the way plate looks, im going to wear all cloth because robes look cool. If you dont want to use a buckler and you are that low role a crusader that can still do DPS while using a tower. Otherwise leveling is going to be slow and the class will just seem boring. Not to mention if you ever get know as a tank who cant keep agro you are pretty much done for. As for the OP, i would reccomend the most popular spec being thrown around on the boards 448 str 44882 sta and 43 int. Even though you dont raid even someone in mastercrafted can benefit from this. I have been leveling a swash alt and a guildie of mine has been leveling a zerker with me in that build and we do phenominal things with just 1 healer.
  14. ARCHIVED-Valita Guest

Actually I found leveling to go pretty fast with a 2hander. I did that because it has always been easier for me to find decent 2handers than 1handers and a buckler (in fact I still have a crappy 1h and crappier buckler). However, if I had found a 1hander/buckler that were better I'd have no qualms about switching earlier. With the free respec I switched to pretty much what Skel has just to try it out finally. Unfortunately I still have crap equipment all around but I'm stuck this way for now.
  15. ARCHIVED-knightofround Guest

I still think that the optimal single-group tanking build is still STR 4-4-8-7, STA 4-4-8-8-2. The optimal raiding setup would be 4-3 INT, but in a PUG where you don't have your hate capped I think 7 points in STR-D is more useful. I would agree with Volkov that the WIS line is much more enticing now than it used to be. Yeah, the 300 mit might help this guy...but if he's in mastercrafted armor, then he's probably got a mastercrafted weapon as well. If he's going to be grouping with people who do raid/are fabled out, he's going to need all the aggro control he can get. And the only way to get that is with the STR/STA combo. Holding aggro is 75% of the battle of tanking; survivability is only maybe 25%.
  16. ARCHIVED-knightofround Guest

Shodau , If you're not interested in using the buckler I'd probably recommend going AGI 4-4-8-7-2, INT 4-4-6-8-2. And tank everything with a two hander in defensive. With all the extra defense and parry you don't need the block versus heroic content. In the rare situation that you do need one, you will have insane avoidance when you whip out the tower shield. But you'll have to be aware that your aggro control will suck. Recently I switched from that build back to STA, and I'm going to stay in STA for a looong time. I don't like the look of the buckler any more than you, but I hate losing aggro to mastercrafted swashbucklers even more ^_^
  17. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Skel: You are one of the kewlest zerkers on these forums but.... Bucklers look stupid as hell....I am embarased when i use one, untill they see my dps that is...They look horible and the fact u gatta use them for max dps is a MAJOR game flaw. nothing should ever out dps DW/2h.
  18. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

I never said they looked cool (with the exception of the one from MMC)... i just said i would use what it takes to get the job done most efficently. If i had to haul a crapload of stuff... i would rent a uhaul even tho it looks dumb and i feel akward driving it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

yea fair enough Skel....Im in same camp as you...ill use whatever it takes..... You said you cant understand why he dont wanna use the buckler cause of looks. Well i can. Thats all...My char's looks means alot to me...I wanna look cool. And imho the dinner plate dont look cool lol. I played City of Heros for months because of one reason....Gameplay? no...Gear? lmao hell no....Its cause my char's looked so increadably cool. Bad enough you cant dye armor. My guys got a grey chest with patterns...greyish pants with diff patterns...and green shoulders....and a dinner plate on his arm useing a 1h for max dps.... That sucks! So i can see where the resistance to the sta line is comeing from, even if i dont go that way my self.
  20. ARCHIVED-EbonyDwarf Guest

Well this is my first post and well i want to get the most out of my first time zerker and i dont know what tree to go down so if anyone can help ......please i can use the critisim and i may want to raid later on in the game so keep that in mind. thanks