Best warrior AA setup for group tank - no raiding

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Agnar D'Shar, Jul 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Ai yo Guest

[p]Hi all,[/p][p]Have anyone tried str ,wis or agi, int for 448 spec with tower shield for better chance of blocking?Wondering about the dps different compare to sta line? I am personally sta line speced just wondering/thinking of changing of the above spec of max dps spec with tower shield on....[/p][p]Any idea? what would it be anyone...[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Adramiss Guest

...stop bringing up a 2hander versus a 1hander...skels the one who brought it up, I was just showing him how his parse is flawed. So insulting me on that is just insulting Skel. Skel...please explain yourself, or do you always just run away when someone proves you wrong?
  3. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

How was it unfair when he used 2H AA spec with 2H, and Sta spec with 1H? Posting parses like you did, isn't fair, everyone knows that without any AA's weapon with higher damage outparses lower.
  4. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

[p]LOLOL .. this thread Crack me up! [/p][p]OP asks WHAT IS THE BEST AP BUILD FOR NON-RAIDER?[/p][p]So far we have a guy saying 2hander DPS > 1 hander with NO APS.. WELL DUHHHH... and off topic[/p][p]We have some of the best geared/built Zerks in game saying 1h/buckler DPS > 2 hander DPS, both builds with APs. and dude still argues with it! lol [/p][p]Adramis, Plz go post ur parse on EQ2Flames, im sure the guys will agree with u there.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Ai yo wrote:
    Mathmatically, the closest thing to the double attack in STA is going full out on haste in INT. Both are straight up autoattack modifiers. In a perfect world (100% accuracy and RNG that proves true over time) 448 STA increases autoattack by roughly 60%. 488 INT would increase autoattack by roughly 55% when Accelerated Strike is active. The really big difference here is the diminishing returns curve haste has. Once you have over ~95 points of haste, it diminishes quite fast. Almost to a 4 points of haste to 1% attack speed ratio. So once you are that high, that 55% would only really be close to 13% benefit. Just not even close, and that was next biggest autoattack modifier. The haste would increase proc rate, but that doesn't make up for the loss of sta either. EDIT: This also means if you're low on the haste curve, you could actually benefit quite nicely dumping points into haste and using a 2H. A 55% increase in damage of a nice 2H is greater than a 60% increase in damage of a equal quality 1H. Crits do modify autoattack, too. I didn't overlook it. However, it's usually somewhere in between 12-16% benefit for a 22% crit chance and depends greatly on the weapon. When you're low on the haste curve, INT is the superior modifier. STA also has the advantage of needing lesser points which allows you to spread them out better. You cannot go 448 str, 448 agi, and 488 int. You can go 448 str, 448 sta, 458 int (about 47 points of haste). You can gain both of the top autoattack modifiers with a 1H.
  6. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Adramis@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I left it alone to keep you from looking even more like an idiot. WE ARE COMPARING AA BUILDS. Do you not understand that? For you to show a parse w/o AA is just dumb.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ai yo Guest

[p]Hi all,[/p][p]Have anyone tried str ,wis or agi, int for 448 spec with tower shield for better chance of blocking?Wondering about the dps different compare to sta line? I am personally sta line speced just wondering/thinking of changing of the above spec of max dps spec with tower shield on....[/p][p]Any idea? what dps would it be ... anyone...[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Ai yo wrote:
    LOL. Should I cut & paste my answer again?
  9. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

[p]I had typed a HUGE thing on here but the forum software ate it.[/p][p]I tested several things auto-attack only in various stances against a similarly geared zerker both lvl 70 with 100 AA... stances matching on all tests.[/p][p]For 1 on 1 combat... I will tell you stance mastery is HUGE... it helps your DPS or your defense (depending on your stance) enough to give you an edge and put you over the top.... every attempt.[/p][p]I tried a couple builds... and every weap combination in those builds.[/p][p]STA/WIS using a buckler and slashing weap had the most DPS and close to max defense going toe to toe against a zerker using STR and STA lines.[/p][p]Now I will tell you 448 in STR, AGI, and WIS did NOT make me happy... using fabled 2-hander (pride's edge) or dual wielding legendary weaps... or using 1 hander and tower shield... I got pwned every time... horribly horribly pwned. But keep in mind this was without group buffs... and that build is more for DPS and not about tanking at all (but the DPS did seem lower anyway) and more designed for killing group encounters.[/p][p]His STR/STA spec was pretty solid also... and for what he did and the group he is in on raids... his spec IS the best for him I think... hate gain over stance mastery (he usually has a druid to buff slashing) and haste/dps are easier to cap than crits. [/p][p]I think for what I do and how I roll when not on raids (3 box zerker, fury, troub) STA/WIS is the way for me to go.[/p][p]Now we both changed a couple AA's off our trees to move into 4/1 INT spec to goof around for a while... it seems to work well also... but I am not 100% sure I want to keep it... seems to be sucking my power up faster and the overall impact on my DPS is not that high since I am usually over 100% haste anyway so 25 points haste is more like 8%.. and the combat art itself doesn't do as much DPS as I would like and I usually have to trigger a couple CA's I don't like to finish triggering it.... so combine that extra power drain with the loss of power conservation from the STA end reward and the impact is pretty noticable... my auto attack is higher than most of those CA's I trigger and to compensate for the added power use I would have to use a power tap proc on my sword which will lower my DPS. Also I can't trigger my Acceleration strike when stunned or stifled... which in new throne of tunaria raid zone is a good chunk of the time.[/p][p]So anyway... from my findings STA + either WIS or STR is pretty solid... 2 handers and dual wield even in "whirly gig of death" 448 STR, AGI, WIS was not impressive.[/p][p]I would be willing to maybe test 448 STR, WIS, STA with a buckler and 1 hander... but since it didn't seem that AGI would proc an extra hit on the same mob (open wounds and destruction do) I have written off that line since not enough raid targets are group encounters on the bosses... and really thats where DPS really matters clearing trash is sometimes fun.. and it's nice to help more there but if it hurts your single target DPS too much it's not worth speccing to do it.[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-digitalblasphemy Guest

[IMG] This is incorrect. Open Wounds does not hit the same target multiple times. It simply increases your haste and allows you to aoe melee 4 surrounding mobs. This is exactly what Dragoon's Cyclone does as well albeit a 40% passive chance vs the 100% triggered chance from Open Wounds. It surprises me how many times I see the argument that AGI is not worth it due to raid mobs being a single target blah blah blah. If that's the case, then why do people use Open Wounds. Surely not just for the haste. Putting it simply, why invest points into something like WIS/INT to get haste and dps mod, when you can self & group buff them way into the diminishing returns curve without even spending a point in WIS/INT? If you play on a PvP server and don't group, I can understand, but no one raids solo, so you're going to get those things in abundance with buffs.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ai yo Guest

[p]thks for yr reply but LOL u didnt really answer my question hehe..[/p][p]the idea of having / thinking of using tower shield is bcos it will be 25.3% blocking(Claymore guard +soulfire) which helps heaps but dont want to lose agrro too hehe. & that why i was thinking of going max dps line [size="medium"]without[/size] sta line (but u r still telling me blah blah blah abt sta line which i am at atm). I was just wondering is there anyone out there who have the above spec or similar ones & how much dps it would be without sta line ....[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Ai yo wrote:
    I was actually trying to state that the haste from INT can potentially substitute for the STA line. If you can gain the full benefit of the haste, then you're talking about a 5% difference in autoattack. If you're autoattack is around 500 (without double attack), then that's a difference of about 25 dps. If your autoattack is lesser, then the difference is lesser. There is a lot of "if" in there because it's all dependent on how much you have already. The main issue is that you can use sta and int together, and there is no substitute if you drop sta and keep int. They are the two largest autoattack modifiers. It is not hard to figure out just how much you would benefit from each line. The most difficult one to calculate would be crits. You can use the chart in the Combat forums to help. Just keep in mind melee crit chance also modifies our combat art damage as well. 1% attack speed increase = 1% dps increase = 1% double attack = 1% overall gain in autoattack. They will modify each other as well. If you're attacking 1% faster, then you are also double attacking more (or more crits, or more procs, or more ae autoattack, etc). 448 STR gain 22% melee crit chance. very weapon dependent, usually between 12-16%. also effects CAs. 448 AGI gain up to about 40% of your autoattack (not including any double attack) against additional targets up to the target limit. 448 WIS gain up to about 20% additional autoattack damage depending on where you are on the dps modifier curve. 448 INT gain up to about 45% additional autoattack damage depending on where you are on the haste curve (488 is about 55 points of haste). 448 STA gain up to about 60% additional autoattack damage depending. I'm sure you can use that info to help figure out what would be best for you if you wanted to drop the sta line.
  13. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

I think the reason most people say that is because its true. AE DPS is situational and OW is up for alot of those situations. Take something that improves your DPS some times(agi) or take something that improves your DPS 100% of the time (int). Supose it all comes down to what you typicaly fight and what your role is... but to me its teh sux.
  14. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

yeah, /agree Skel.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ai yo Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Adramiss Guest

This is a pre raiding AA build for dps...AE encounters are a much bigger roll, but besides that I got my parse from Valdoon with 2hand spec, and Ill be getting my parse for buckler in a couple days, Ill post them then, so all can see. I picked Valdoons because its one of the EoF dungeons with far less AE encounters then the rest, so it would be fair. Before anyone says anything about me not knowing sta spec, I AM sta spec....have been since I finished EoF gear. I posted a parse with no AA with this in mind. Sorry Skel I assumed you were just comparing the 2 weapons to prove a point, because in this case, most of your dps does not come from just melee. I assumed you knew all this, but I guess I was wrong.
  17. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

[p] Plz Adramis, dont post if u dont know what ur talking about. Auto-Attack is THE single largest component in Zerker DPS. Just look at the parses... [/p][p]http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=370056[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

Obviously I agree with Skel... Situational DPS (even when massive) is not as important as bread and butter DPS boosts. Plus.... if I am not tanking (and on raids I am usually DPS) it will pull all the adds on me to operate with 40% AE auto attack... so my actual DPS might be lower because I will be dead... and as far as openwounds and destruction used in tandem not causing you to hit a mob multiple times... I call B.S. Are you BLIND? do you see the orange numbers over the mobs head? Do you run a parser? on a single target mob when I hit those 2 buttons together the amount of DPS I dish out shoots me up the mini-window 3-5 slots sometimes.... and they don;t have short casting times so I LOSE DPS while casting them and at the end I have more DPS.. alot more... and most of the extra haste is flushed in the toilet because I am running at 220 Haste... 220 haste means 20 haste is 100% flushed and 30 haste is divided by 4... Ooooo... 8-9% haste... that explains moving up the DPS chart 3-5 SLOTS... I see the numbers go up... I see the extra hits... no matter how the spell is worded... when it hits multiple targets one of them seems to me the one you hit originally... so you get 1 normal hit + 1 extra hit. then 3 other mobs in the area can get hit also if they are around. Test it.. don't just screenshot me some spell text... what is typed to what is coded can be completely unrelated... it normally isn't different... but that's just because peeps are paying attention.. the spell could say it summons an evil bunny of doom and the spell could do the same thing it does today.
  19. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

you're on crack right? These are VERY typical parses for me, notice what the bigest part in the pie chart is? Auto attack... [IMG] [IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-lost Guest

Also, looking at Skel's parse, the top two non-melee damaging abilities are from an assassin and dirge. If you subtract them, his auto attack would take up an even larger portion of his dps. The one thing to consider is that any character can get fully mastered without raiding, so the amount of CA damage on a mob with the same debuffs will be similar between a raider and a casual player, but the auto attack damage from a berserker with a grim brimstone hammer (11.6% double attack), buckler of the howler (25 dps mod), and potentially 9% double attack from eof set gear is going to be substantially higher than a non-raider with the legendary sod reward or an unrest weapon.