Berserker class needs a lot of work - Plea for help.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Nembutal, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

With the next GU Aeralik will give Rangers more or less everything they asked for. Although he first said they were fine he increased their DPS, gave them group utility, fixed the arrow mechanic, made their heroic bow the 2nd best bow in the game and so on.

So he should now have time and look at us *wishful thinking*.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Hehe, hopefully Bremer. But I think they had to yell and scream so much to be heard that a few rangers got banned from these forums lol. Maybe we'll see some love in GU 45? Heres to hoping...
  3. ARCHIVED-RULlawyer Guest

Bremer wrote:
    They publically talked about fixing ranger all the way back at Fanfaire 2007. The other topic they talked about at the same time was changing monks and bruiser to no longer be part of the avoidance tanking system. I think it was Scott Hartsman at the time that was saying that they were going to abandon the avoidance system since they never got it to balance right. I wouldn't be surprised if the brawlers get the next look.
    However with Scott gone and Froech in his place now, everything could be different...
    Here's hoping.
  4. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i'm afraid brawlers will get the next look too, problem i have is they whine piss and moan yet peel and tsunami still are quite nice abilities. our monk hits those 2 and has himself and the mob stabilized before i even have adrenaline off and have started to try and grab aggro.
  5. ARCHIVED-RULlawyer Guest

We are coming into the summer months and historically EQII has made the most extensive combat changes in the May-June time of the year.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Aerilak just posted a list with tons of new stuff für Coercers/Enchanters with the next GU.

Maybe we are next. *even more wishful thinking*
  7. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Looks as if another zerker is betraying to guard by what I seen on the guardian discussion.
  8. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

Aull wrote:
    this still surprises you?
  9. ARCHIVED-evilgamer Guest

I think all non-guardian fighters, except maybee monks and paladins, have "issues".
    The SK forum is imploding.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Well guys it's sad to say but I've cancelled my account. I'm fed up with so many things in this game that it's not worth me paying for it anymore. There comes a time when anything you do is no longer fun and I've reached that point. Good luck in the fight for getting zerkers fixed I'm still rooting for you guys.
    Now to go buy a PS3...
  11. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Zeuhl@Mistmoore wrote:
    Sucks, man. I'll probably wind up here a bit longer, but I did cancel the autorenewal scheduled for June.

I can understand things taking time and them having to prioritize. Worst part is just the lack of acknowledgment and/or understanding of the problem(s). Major class changes/revamps ... changing encounters ... changing ranged ammunition ... big things take time, that's totally understandable.

One simple fix though . . . it's just brutal.

I was optimistic about getting Adrenaline fixed for the first couple of months. It's a no-win situation for them now though. They fix it, and it's "WTH TOOK YOU SO LONG!?!?!?" or they say it's working as intended and change the description and it's "THAT IS RIDICULOUS and IF THAT'S THE CASE WTH TOOK YOU SO LONG!?!?!?" or they continue to say nothing and it's "HELLOOOO! WE ARE HERE! WE ARE HERE!"
  12. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Yea it's not just Adrenaline and our other zerker issues. There are several other aspects of the game that are getting to me. Encounter design, class balance, itemization, the new instant gratification crowd, and the way SoE treats customers to name a few...
  13. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

Zeuhl@Mistmoore wrote:
    i know how you feel, some people really love the progression in raiding but i hate it. i'd rather be able to see all zones from the start and progress through each of them induvidually instead of getting stuck on one mob and not being able to see half the content. i'm sure this simple aspect is hurting alot of people, especially when they **** up encounters like VS.
  14. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

I hate to read that you have cancelled your account Zeuhl, but for the most part I do not blame you. I just do not like seeing people who have made some great posts about the classes they play leave the game. The best to all your future endeavors my friend. Thanks.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Ok this goes against everything i believe in but im going to put my zerker into retirement and start up my guardian again as my new MT. Hes 73 already so should be interesting.
    Now im not a big fan of, oh just re-roll or hey you can always betray. I dont think its fair to mess up a class so bad that no one wants to play it just because if they dont like it they can alway betray or re-roll. This has been my stance with my Ranger too.
    But
    The zerker class is *****. Its bad, even worse than rangers imho and they are ***** as well ( although not as bad as they were b4, but thats another topic ).
    I ran my zerker through Maidens yesterday for the first time successfully. I have now done all the heroic stuff and next is raiding. Guess what, *** the zerker on raids. No reason to play a zerker at all over a guardian. My dps in maidens was no higher than any good guardian would have done.
    So what ever im breaking my own rules today and my zerker is on the shelf.
    The reason i wont cancel is simple. Console's r ok, hell im even ganna get a Wii soon, but there not the same as MMO's or even comp games. For me Comp games r where its at ( I did the console thing when i was 14 ) and as far as comp games go MMO's are number 1 for me. And as EQ2 has its problems i hate to tell you but its the best mmo our there and i have tried them all.
    Maby some of you dont feel that way. Thats kewl we all have diff tasts. For thoes that leave i hope to see you back or maby in the next great mmo.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Aull wrote:
    I appreciate that, thank you.
    And I know what you mean Kage about PC games. I'll still be playing games on my PC but I'm not sure if I'll pick up another MMO anytime soon. The only one I can see that has a chance to outdo EQ2 is Conan. I've been really excited about Star Wars the Force Unleashed and Metal Gear Solid 4 so cancelling EQ2 gives me a good excuse to finally buy a PS3 hehe.
    I'll still probably pop into the forums every so often just to see how things are going and offer any advice I may have (while it's still relevant hehe) so I'll see you guys around a bit. Good hunting guys.
  17. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest

Hello all,

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted on these forums. Matter of fact, it's been awhile since I've actually put much time into EQ2 because of the F*ups from SOE.

My original Main was my Necro... Then it became Zerk... when Zerk was declining (prior to ROK), I rolled an Assassin and that became my main.
    I've always wanted to play my Zerk alot. I used to LOVE playing him. It was always so much fun... until they 'fixed' it to where they just aren't what they should be.

I've lost all faith in this game. Totally. Which is why I've not put much time into it since just after RoK. And honestly, I think ROK blows. Seriously.
    EOF was a kick in the face for me.. I hated that xpac.. and I told myself that if ROK wasn't any better, I was out of here. I gave ROK a small chance. I went through it with all 3 of my 'Mains' and .. nope. It just sucks. IMHO

Now, onto the point... I agree whole heartedly with this thread. My FUN has ben ruined in this game. SOE charges too much for not enough fun in return. Which is why shortly after ROK came out, I decided I was going to let my characters collect cob webs.
    I thought "Maybe If I let them sit there for 6 months, it will be different when I come back..." doesn't look like it.

So I've gone back to my more enjoyable game. EvE. Costs less, and is a tons more fun. Not to mention it has REAL PVP.. not this junk SOE tries to pass off as PvP.

Anyway, point being, I refused to betray in the past... it's not a solution. I refuse to play a game that isn't fun (and be charged for it). So I'm joining the list of people that are cancelling their accounts.
    I feel it is the only just thing to do. Not that it will hurt SOE.. and who really cares if it does or doesn't. I can find much better ways to spend that monthly fee.

So, thanks SOE for the limited amount of fun you did allow me to enjoy. Too bad it wasn't meant to last.

To all others, those of you who stay, good luck, and I hope it goes well.
    To all others, those of you who leave, good on ya!!!

Peace.