Berserker class needs a lot of work - Plea for help.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Nembutal, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Since you brought it up, I'm curious. . . what determines whether Gut Roar gets resisted? I'm assuming it's counting as a Taunt? So it comes down to Aggression? Seems odd.

Moot point I guess if it couldn't be resisted, which makes sense since it says 100% chance, and stuff.
  2. ARCHIVED-Chenvayne Guest

To answere the last Gut Roar used to apply to yourself which would prevent it from being resisted. Now it counts as a debuff on the mobs, noticed this sometime after RoK came out, when I saw an extra debuff on them while soloing.
  3. ARCHIVED-Chenvayne Guest

I have been thinking about this topic a lot lately, as my guild begins to move out of T1 and into T2, and I wonder about my viability as a MT, or even an off tank. I think some of the following chages could be applied to our spell lines:
    1) Make our berserk buffs last 30 secs with a 15 sec down time in between. Fixes adrenaline and lasts thru juggernaut. On our self aa in zerker line instead of trigger chance add 2 sec duration. Oh and give us just one with the same proc percentages for our group and self as we already have. Oh and make us 10% bigger.
    2) Give us an offensive ability that adds +slashing/piercing/crushing/ranged when berserk. We can call this the self clicky berserk. Make is maintainable for 1 concentration.
    3) Give us a snap aggro tool similar to what every other tank class has. Call this cyclones. And keep our taunts resistability increased.
    4) Increase the amount of regen that Relentless Rage gives.
    5) Change the Perserverance ability from our EoF tree to be a flat 10% damage reduction when used in a concentration slot.
    6) Make Gut Roar from previous posts, immune to mez/stifle/stun/fear/etc.
    Oh look change the EoF tree and from what I have seen of the majority of the complaints based on the way our class works are fixed. We have an offensive buff, a defensive buff, a second snap aggro tool, and something else useful. Not to mention it would diversify us through our EoF tree. Realistically I doubt it will happen. But who knows. We would lose 1 buff we keep (I keep) in a concentration slot, and gain the ability to gain a bonus to hit when in defense, or in gain a bonus to soak in offensive. What do you guys think?
  4. ARCHIVED-elrob Guest

for the ability Gut Roar, here is what I have seen take place-

It counters something within the 60 sec time of effect provided it's been resisted. You just lose a lot time from using either a CA or just plain old auto attack because the resist ability on it is only 12%, but the effect appears to raid wide and you do not have to have the aggro at the time for it to go off.
  5. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Right, I know it gets "put on" the mob, even though it says the target is "self". I didn't word the question well. It's got to be using some skill to check against to see if it lands successfully. Since we have no Subjugation, Ministration, etc. I'm assuming it's Aggression. In fact the more I think about it it almost has to be.

Unless it IS using something like Disruption, which of course is zero, and would explain it getting resisted constantly.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Gautsu@Crushbone wrote:
    Some nice ideas there. I especially like the idea of combining our group and self berserks into one buff and it increasing our size by 10% when it goes off.
    Oh and along with the fix to adrenaline, and I know this will never happen, how bout taking away the penalties of Juggernaut? To offset the reduction of penalties they could increase its refresh timer so we aren't overpowered. I always imagine a juggernaut as big, powerfull, and hard to hurt...
  7. ARCHIVED-Chenvayne Guest

works off of aggression but resisted as heat rather than mental
  8. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

9. ARCHIVED-kmc410h Guest

well i put this out there, lets see what happens... here's to wishful thinking
  10. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

hopefully they keep their word. i'm honestly sick to death of every other class out there whining and crying about such minor issues while the only thing we have is tanking ability and our offensive DPS of which both have been so dilluted in this expansion(compared to the other tanks) i feel no matter how hard i try or how well i do i can't impress anyone enough to get a spot back in a raiding guild. if a dev were to simply main tank a zerker vs our counter or even a crusader and compare incoming and outgoing damage and aggro control they would very easily see the differences vs lack of ability our class has now, the only thing we still have going for us is our group buffs and our AE DPS, which still is meaningless as an offtank because of the constant stuns and stifles adds give off in this expansion- i get migraines thinking of tanking the adds on the overking due to the constant roots/stuns/stifles with nothing i can do to prevent it or try to regain aggro on mobs so widespread after being rooted in the back for 8 seconds..

i still think about betraying but then i would have to find a guild willing to take on a second guardian and i honestly don't feel like leaving the class i've played ever since i started this game 3.5 years ago in the dust.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    Partially true but there is at least 1 other class that I would consider genuinely broken to wit- Rangers. They now appear to getting a fix, but they were "broken" to an extent before Kunark ever came out and it appears the consensus is that Zerkers really only truly reached this state come Kunark. It took over a year for fixes to rangers to be introduced, they are allegedly due come GU 44. If that is any time table to be looked at we are probably looking at well December before they even consider a fix to Berserkers. The inertia inherent in the dev's at SOE is mind boggling.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

What was messed up was that when Aeralik responded to the issue with arrows he said something to the effect of "Expect a shift in other areas as well." Which we all know means that when they do(if) fix arrows, rangers will prolly get a nerf to poison usage or something else stupid to "keep them in line".
    Sorry that it took rangers so long to get looked at but hopefully with Gnobrin letting someone know that we are all concerned maybe it wont take so long.
  13. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Zeuhl@Mistmoore wrote:
    Not exactly.

Unless there's some other place he commented about it, GU44 appears set to be all improvement for Rangers, not 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    Aeralik changed his tune. There is much specualtion as to why but the way he worded, and the context of, his "lateral shift" comment on the independant forum definitely had the tone of a "be careful or you'll get what you ask for" kinda threat. He also didn't change his tune until it was addressed in the public [read "my manager is looking over my shoulder as I type this"] Developers Chat that was hosted by Allakhazam. His comments and change were a definite, and welcome surprise, to the Ranger community.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Oh wow, I missed that post. Glad to see I was wrong and that rangers are going to get some loving.
  16. ARCHIVED-Nitz Guest

Zeuhl@Mistmoore wrote:
    Cosmetic changes are NOT what we need. If you want to be larger, get the Marr cloak. I actually play shrunk most of the time. Easier for everyone else to target the mobs.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tyndaleon Guest

I said this early on in this thread as a suggestion and I'll reiterate it again now just to try and give it a little more airtime:

The idea I had in keeping with the notion of evening out things a bit more between us and guardians in the raid MT role and doing so in keeping within the context of what zerkers are in terms of 'offensive' versus 'defensive' nature, and this could be a prime candidate for a revamped EoF tree (probably an end ability) that you'd have to spec for: a percentage chance (say 40%?) to stun and/or stifle epic mobs, and without the mob being granted some sort of temporary immunity to stun/stifle afterwards, and only when we're at the top of the hate list (i.e. holding aggro; it shouldn't work if you're not tanking and have the mob's full focus/attention).

Maybe I'm totally off base here, but I'd think doing so would give us a truly unique class-defining ability that fits in completely logically with what we are, and I'd think would add in some degree of survivability tanking that we don't currently have. Maybe 40% would be too much, I'll let someone like Dimglow who understands the numbers far better than I do toss that around. Just an idea to toss out into the mix here though. Thoughts?
  18. ARCHIVED-Nitz Guest

That is a very cool idea but would be quite a departure from anything "zerkish" we have seen before. Now is certainly the time, though, to put everything on the table. I just think that the classes normally assigned the stifling roles would go ballistic.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tyndaleon Guest

They might, but again, understand what I'm suggesting would only apply to a berserker strictly in the MT role. An OT or other zerk in the raid wouldn't be able to do that. I just think it fits in perfectly with the 'offensive' tank mindset that is exactly what we are.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Tynd@Everfrost wrote:
    How would you a dev code that though? Its not like there is a switch to hit that says "I'm the MT" that could make abilities like that trigger. Regretably its something that would be so difficult to code. It would have to be something like trigers only if x number of raid members are targeting through Zerker (which I don't know is doable) but then what is x? Will you need 6 minimum, thus only genuine raids will work with it. Less than 6 then you can probably cheat it on a raid with 2+ groups.
    A good place to fix the Zerker was with the Epic. They already flubbed that one and I don't see any drastic changes being made to those items anytime soon. Next is the EoF tree, but they are probably paranoid about flubbing that and going to far so zerks are over powered.
    They simplest and hardest to screw up fix would be NOT to increase us but to nerf the Guardian. Why? Because we are not the only class complaining about the Guardians current dps. EVERY tank class is complaining about the guardian's current level of dps. I even read one monk humorously say "if the Guardians hit % was higher they would be a freakin assasin in plate" and I have a hard time arguing with that. Any fix to Zerks would involve increasing our dps since thats what the game has us as, the "dps MT tank". This would put the squeeze on the Monk and Bruiser though and possibly even start in on the scouts. The easiest and most logical step is to nerf the Guardian. however this would require the below.
    Also, while it would be more work, isn't a proper fix "FIX KUNARK!!"? The zone is basically a nightmare, turned the game on its head screwed up years of tactics, group making and classes across the board. Melee hit rates are screwed, they didn't think to add tier 8 arrows so the arrow mechanic wouldn't render tier 8 bows useless along with the countless other issues. Basically the devs have managed to successfully create an environment where half the classes are in a disadvantaged position and fixing one only puts the next one into a deeper hole until they get their fix. The only way to really deal with it is to nerf the few classes that are over powered and fix the mechanical screw ups in Kunark that we all know about. Its like a bunch of high school kids just got drunk one night and said "I know this will be cool for my character" and failed to think of all the other characters in the game and maybe that other players don't like what they like.
    Here is my suspicion. Its clear that some of the devs play characters. Why don't we ask the dev's to publish their class? Lets see if any dev has a main that is a Ranger, Zerker or some of the other classes having issues. Anyone want to take bets that the classes with "issues" will not be on the dev class list?
    Talk amongst yourselves, I'm a little verklempt.