Berserk, and how it relates to defense.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Hunadi, Feb 23, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Toxaur Guest

whether they styack or dont, this happens when there are 2 berzerk icons flashing.

i have not tried to replicate this with any other mob, any other zone, any other equipment, etc.

i have only noticed the bug happen in that situation, because it was the only time i was soloing group con mobs for any substantial length of time.

the fact remains that there is a bug caused by sometyhing in that situation, and it only occured when i allowed 2 berzerk icons to flash at once. Every fight that happened in, i would lose the fight horribly. Every fight i did not allow 2 berzerk icons at once, i won with 75-100% health left.

I have only noticed this with the ^^ wasps in EL.

again and again i repeat: just because it hasn't happened to you does NOT mean the bug does not exist.

That's like saying "i've never seen a shark attack, so it doesn't exist"
    Message Edited by Toxaur on 03-02-2005 02:49 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Zizar Guest

48 levels, lots of soloing, never ever taken more damage because i had 2 zerks flashing. but i guess its kinda like aliens right? just because you havent seen them doesnt mean they dont exist.

so maybe there werent any factors in there, like a lucky roll on the mobs part exactly the time you saw 2 up?? i mean just because you took extra damage in that exact instance does NOT mean there is a bug. sounds like +1 for the mobs, -1 for you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Toxaur Guest

as i said... it happened everytime i let 2 berzerks stack when soloing those certain wasps.

everytime

AFTER i let them stack, not before.

how many times must i repeat myself?
  4. ARCHIVED-doraemon22 Guest

tox so u agree'd that 2 zerk icon will not stack finally eh??? this is my wild guess what happened to u....

the problem is why will you get 2 zerk icon?? well first of all, focus active because you getting hits, then of cuz your health is going down....then you are afraid'd to use skill to get 2 zerk icon....and the result?? you are causing your hp because you are not using zerk skill to do dmg.

don't flame me...just trying to help u out.....im lvl 44 now....never notice the "bug" you are talking about..
  5. ARCHIVED-Namsin Guest

can't we all just get along?
  6. ARCHIVED-Toxaur Guest

since when did i say they did not stack?

is english your 2nd language?

READ the post.

i said that when i ALLOW 2 berzerk icons to stack(meaning that they can and will) then i can't solo group mobs... when i DO NOT allow them to stack(by cancelling one icon) then I can very easily solo group mobs.

this test being done only on the EL wasps between level 36-38.
  7. ARCHIVED-Wandatin Guest

There is one variable I have not seen mentioned yet in this thread. The types of weapons you are using. Could the reason why some people are taking significantly more damage than others have something to do with whether you are using DW, 1H/Shield, or 2H? I'm not a Beserker myself so I can't test it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Wiou Guest

yes, attacking faster = more ripostes..
  9. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

But is the additional damage taken from ripostes material (e.g. of a significant amount) compared to the additional DPS received from the haste/bers state? Your statement while true lacks the context by which to make a change in play behaviour.
    I dont know this answer (it would require a great deal of parsing) but it seems that if you gained say 5 pct more dps from taking 1pct more ripostes then it would be a worthwhile trade off (pct working of off absolute damage figures). If it was the inverse then perhaps avoiding haste/bers state would be something to desire in some circumstances.
  10. ARCHIVED-LauraG Guest

You have to stop now with this conspiracy. Let it go, is dead.

Stop trying to convince us about this stupid and absurd idea.

Do you really want us to belive this bull[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]? Lets see :

You fighting. Doing your specials, paying attencion at the combat. All of a sudden you notice you got the seccont berzerk icon.

So, you start moving the mouse, placing over one of the berserk window, right click, select cancel. I dont know about you, but it takes me like AT LEAST 4-5 secs to do that. And PLS dont tell us you do it in 2.

Soooo, by your own theory, not allowing 2 berserk mode to stack you are just fine.

What you are trying to tell us is that in those 5 secs , the mob kills you if you dont cancel the second zerk mode.

PLEEEAAASE!!!
  11. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Dont forget LauraG, you forgot to add if a buff wears off and the the buff line's shift on your buff window making you accidently cancel the wrong one :smileysad:, been there, done that :smileyindifferent:, waste of time, too much head ache ( trying to remove Hold the Line in the heat of a battle :smileywink:, ), just let it go like LauraG said, there is no difference, put this puppy to bed and move on, there is enough information in this one thread on why it *seems* you take more damage, when you really arent.

Taemek Frozenberg 42th Berserker
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

Enlightened Aonein Amillion ( retired )
    70th Stone Fist of The Celestial Fist
    Five Rings on Luclin Server
  12. ARCHIVED-Toxaur Guest

nobody said you die IN that 5 sec LauraG.

learn english better.
  13. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

omgz can you just feel the LOVE

Me thinks some folks have 2 berserk icons flashing in this thread :smileyvery-happy:
  14. ARCHIVED-Scaraxes Guest

Hahaha. Are other classes threads like this?

I've officially closed down my research on the whole "take more damage when two icons are flashing thing" as I cannot duplicate it. I believe it was just a case of bad luck, or a bug on the users part. It is in no way part of the class as a whole. If it were every single berzerker would be on here screaming murder. It was a fluke. Let's move on.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cozumel Guest

If you notice in the description of Focus Rage:

+33% Attack speed to CASTER (you)
    +5% Attack speed to attacker (THE MOB)

... If you proc off Focus Rage, you just gave the mob a 5% boost in attack speed ... Not worth it when I can pop fury/raging strike and get berzerked...

-- Coz
  16. ARCHIVED-Toxaur Guest

that's a typo or something. it's 5% DPS bonus for you.
  17. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Its acually a increase to Damage Per Second by 5%, not Attack Speed, so the attacker is getting a 5% damage increase to his damage output, but if you hadnt noticed, all our Berserk probability combat arts state they do the same thing, besides your reading it wrong, you are the target for Berserk, it's not increasing the mob's DPS, its increasing your DPS, Berserk doesnt land on the mob and increase his DPS. If that was the case, take Raging Strike for example :

Raging Strike Adept I :
    • Increase threat priority of target by 348 postions
    • Casts berserk on caster. On successful attack, this spell has a 10% chance to :
      • Increase damage per second of target ( meaning you ) by 5%
      • Increase Attack Speed of target ( meaning you ) by 37%
    They have alot of ways to word things differently but all mean the same thing, also look at how they say it raises the Hate generated by this combat art, now look at Mad Cry :
    Mad Cry Adept I :
    • Interrupts target
    • Increase Threat by 379 - 463
    Increase Threat and Increase Threat Priority both mean the same thing, just worded differently. Just remember, you are the attacker and the target for Berserk, not the mob, dont get confused.
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

Message Edited by -Aonein- on 03-10-2005 04:43 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Lord Nemesis Guest

Don't wanna get way off topic here, but why would anyone past say, level 37, even think about using focus rage as a means to go zerk?

At about 37, we have quite a few skills that proc zerk, and keep it proced for a LARGE amount of the fight. Raging Strike is a sure thing, for at least 2-3 zerks, enrage does the same thing, coupled with tides of war, and infuriation, cast on ANYONE in the group, and with all the other small chance skills your surely using, you've got about a 30%-40% chance to zerk, everytime you hit the mob.

Focus Rage WASTES TIME, squatting and glowing red, while not attacking. Sure the zerk effect is useful for 5-6 seconds, but if focus rage goes off about 5 times in a row, your jsut sitting there squatting getting minimal pecks at the mob here and there.

Sure, as soon as focus procs you can launch a skill and it stops the squat, but when your oop, its even MORE useless to use focus rage... thats what rage is for, doesn't take any power (even tho it squats, its not up the whole fight making you squat). By then you can launch enrage or raging strike, making you proc zerk a few more times while oop.

Down with Focus rage, that's not my idea of increased dps.

Sorry I got a little more off topic then I was going for, but I just started writing aimlessly about the skill i find most useless to me. Someone said something about Focus Rage and not useing it, might as well be a guardian or something.

Lemme tell ya, Guardians make take a beating a hellava lot better, but if you dump focus rage, you "can" consistantly match DPS with quite a few of the other classes used and known ONLY for DPS.
  19. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

I dont fight in first person view for many reasons, but when i berserk and some times im glowing red quite alot, and i still countine to see number fly out the top of the mobs head indicating i am still giving it a beating, reguardless if im chain squatting glowing red the whole time, sometimes all im doing is glowing red, looks like im constapated, and the number's are just flowing out and none of my parsing results have changed. The more chances you have at going berserk, the more chances you have consistantly staying berserk = faster dead mobs, we are after all offensive tanks, and a good defense is a good offense. Raging Strike is only a 10% chance to proc berserk and Focus Rage is a 33% chance.

This was addressed quite awhile ago, i remember in the early days when the game first went live there was a big debate about it cause we were berserking so much because of Bloodlust, they changed it to stop putting our DPS on hold while we glowed red, they have since then fixed it, going berserk doesnt put your damage output on hold, there is certain other combat arts that do put your damage output on hold, Anarchy, Stunning Cry, Weapon Shield, Darkmoore's Protective Advance, Tides of War, Screaming Fury are the worse seeing they have fairly long cast timers, using these during battle will dramatically lower your dps.

16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server