Avatars being farmed by one guild

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crychtonn Active Member

Most servers have more then one guild with an Avatar kill. Several have three guilds with a kill, hell Everfrost has four guilds now with an Avatar kill. This whole whine thread is bogus. It's a given the top guilds will get the lions share of kills (if they put in the effort) but that hasn't stopped other guilds that put in the effort from trying and succeeding in getting kills. Even on Antonia Bayle :eek:!

With all six Avatars being on their own spawn timers and the three new ones having seven different spawn points (as far as I know) it opens it up a lot more then in the old days. Original Avatars spawned one at a time using the same spawn windows. Guilds could also force feed alters to spawn increase the spawn chance of the Avatar they wanted. It was a lot easier to lock down and take all Avatars when you only had to rally once or twice a week. Now there's one or more spawning every day or every other day.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

So you are implying a raid mob that is in a open zone isn't contested because people aren't being force fed the spawn times, but then SoE shouldn't spoon feed raiders? So which one is it? Oh I know what it is, you want raids to be hand held but only if that includes you and/or your friends, right?

They 'wasted their time' putting in avatars because they apparently overestimated a portion of their raiding population. they figured raiders would easily be fighting each other over these avatars especially since they are even easier to manage than the past iterations of avatars.

Well now they know there is a segment of raiders who aren't willing to even go after contested content unless:
    -contested spawn around raid times
    -contested spawns are globally announced
    -Guilds have to take turns killing contested content so everyone has a turn
    -Contested content is fundamentally changed so it isn't contested content anymore

Where are these free strategies and opportunities to tune fights? All I've seen is huge threads about raid encounters outlining their laundry list of bugs and poorly designed/implemented mechanics.

Its CONTESTED. Do you know how a contest even works? Where the person who is more versed in the task and puts in more effort wins the contest, and rightly so? This thread is choked with 'everybody wins and we don't keep score' mentality that is barely suitable for children under the age of 10.

I'd love to see you guys participate in a foot race, start complaining about how the person winning is only doing better because they have better running shoes, care more and train more but you can't because you 'have a life' and something should be done to 'make it more fair.' "he shouldn't be able to run past several people in a row, he should only be able to run past one person and then have to slow down until someone passes him." "You should have fired the starting gun when I was ready not when the people paying attention were ready." "Those guys are just winning races so we can't win races."
    Alarra, Onorem, Lempo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Well said. The quoted text just makes me itch, and I'm in the player group that would love to kill an avatar but don't have time to devote to raiding anymore. I feel a wave of jealousy when I hear one has been killed, but this quote would be a bit much - like you said, about the gaming mentality of a 10 year old.

You can bet if the devs were 'handing out' raid strategies to the OP's guild, no such post would have been made.
  4. Onorem Active Member

Contests make people feel bad. Every "contest" should end in a tie. The final score is Fun to Fun. </sarcasm>
  5. Balbasur Active Member

Yea, one guild farming them on each server sounds like a contest to me. As it stands they are not contested, they are farmed. The devs really should just remove these all together since they are just wasting zone resources and only being killed by a few select guilds. This would easily be solved with a server wide announcement.
  6. Balbasur Active Member

can we get a dev response to address the issue of them being locked down by one guild per server especially on the AB server, thanks!
  7. Lempo Well-Known Member

There is no need for a Dev response to your completely false statement.
  8. Balbasur Active Member

bump
  9. Lempo Well-Known Member

4 guilds are now killing them on Everfrost. At least 2 guilds are killing them on a handful of servers. You just want the things turned into an even easier loot piñata than they already are. You want toturn it into a contest then get off your duff, get your guild off their duff and go hit one. easy game.
  10. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Would be a waste of a dev response since they would just say what we are, something along the lines of "you're wrong"
  11. AricaJade Member

lol wow...

dev response?
    1...people being lavy & not caring to put in the effort to camp & kill them...& 2...a LOT of servers have more than 1 guild killing them...

see below as example. i also know for a fact that guk has 2 guilds actively killing them, crushbone 3, read back in this thread a bit & u'll see more servers who have stated that other guilds have more than 1 guild actively killing avatars & it's not just that they lucked out on ganking 1..

12. Balbasur Active Member

That is one server, that simple fact is other on servers such as AB one guild has them on lock down; this needs to be addressed I really think there should be a server wide announcement when an avatar spawns it will even the playing field. Any chance the dev's will be implementing this in the future so that they might actually be contested and not farmed after server patches, thanks!
  13. AricaJade Member

did you read the rest of my post?

& maybe it's just me but i think as you said, AB's is "just one server"
    Neiloch likes this.
  14. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Are you trolling?
  15. Balbasur Active Member

Also, please after a raid kills an avatar give them a debuff so they can't kill another one in three days. Think of it being as after killing something so powerful it shoots off radiation debuffing the raids potency, cb, hp,power by 20%; thanks!
  16. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Or other guilds could put in the same amount of effort that the guilds killing avatars do instead of being lazy and wanting things handed to them. There's that too. Solves the problem perfectly with no need to change the game.
  17. Lempo Well-Known Member

2 guilds have killed at least 1 avatar on AB your argument still holds no water
  18. Balbasur Active Member

Disagree, the fact is there should be a server message telling to actually make this content available to all guilds and not just a 1 on a server.
  19. Balbasur Active Member

Seems like people need to learn what contested is, the fact only one guild on a server is killing these make is a non contest. The fact that the Avatars spawns right after the update notes means guilds that have the current timer can just form up and then after the patch kill it. The Avatars need a server wide message and they need a truly random spawn timer.

For the sake of competition, please soe make these contested and not just one guild farming them.

Thanks!
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

How is it not available to other guilds? Other guilds being motivated to watch for it and killing it as soon as they can doesn't count btw.

Guilds beating them to it is exactly like a contest and the guilds who didn't kill it lost. Taking turns, not so much. go ahead and do a server wide message, i doubt much will change. People will just be annoyed the message was broadcasted at 2am their time and demand they only pop at peak times or some such nonsense.

Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.