Avatars being farmed by one guild

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbasur Active Member

It's not available because other guilds are farming them, hindering other players on the server from experiencing content; achievements, AAs, Quest Updates. Again, make these contested. Don't spawn them during right after patch updates and enable server wide messages. A lot of Avatar killing guilds are against this because they know it will even the playing field in terms of there ability to lock down mobs, hence hindering progression for other guilds. Which is what a server wide message would solve and would enable true competition and not farming.

Which is why the dev team should really look into serve wide messages and not spawning them right after patches. I seen guilds form up right before patches camp out and then camp back in to kill them right after the update notes. This is an exploit that should be fixed.
  2. AricaJade Member

1...theyre not quest updates.

2...theyre still available to other players. just stand there & wait for it to pop & call other people in your guild to login & pull the mob just like they do. if you're guild gets their first, nobody's stopping you.

3...HOW is logging in at a spawn point after a patch, when you know something's due anyway, an exploit? it's the same idea of when you're camping a quest mob that you know where the pop point is & camping there, logging back in to periodically check it, not seeing it up & camping back out. i did that for months with the old school betrayal quest on an alt because i got sick of running around nonstop looking for the stupid things, so i'd just pick 1 mob, camp it till i got it, then move to the next.

i don't understand your frame of thinking.
    Neiloch likes this.
  3. Balbasur Active Member

Hi,

One must not take things out of context. As one must observe we are talking about avatar spawns not days of old quest updates.

No, they are not available to other players because of zone disruption by guilds who know when they are about to spawn due to farming and not contesting, be there to kill them hindering progesterone of many guilds on the server. The easiest solution to this would be, again, make them contested: Random Timers, Server Wide Announcements. From a lore perspective these are the Gods, the followers should be made known of when they step foot on Norrath.

All I"m asking for is something to make these truly contested and make them impossible to lock down.
  4. AricaJade Member

yes zone disruption. a toon standing there at a spawn point or 3 toons flying around a zone looking for one is disrupting ANYBODY else from possibly finding an avatar first so nobody else can grab their phone & alert other people of it's presence. i see now!
    Neiloch likes this.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

You are the one that brought up quest updates. So stop taking things out of context.

The timers are random. they can spawn any time within a specific 'window.'there is nothing preventing other guilds from doing EXACTLY what avatar killing guilds are doing to get kills. Not a single thing. they can get a timer by keeping an eye on spawn spots, seeing it spawn and tracking when it gets killed. Its that simple.

For someone who apparently knows nothing about how avatars work you seem to have a lot of opinions on the matter.
    Alenna likes this.
  6. Balbasur Active Member

It induces lag for those of us trying to get updates for verious HQs for example: Boots HQ in Ant, Wisp HQ in CL, Rings HQ in EW etc etc. Furthermore, one should observe I said it disrupts progress from other guilds trying to kill them by not giving them the opportunity too due to farming by one guild on the server, which is a lack of opportunity by the devs and is just wasted resources making content for one guild on the server.

This would be solved by server wide message, much like the Mythical looting messages.
  7. Lempo Well-Known Member

No you are not, you are either trolling or you just do not realize that the ridiculous things you are asking for about making it impossible for a guild to kill one x days after killing another in itself is causing it to not be contested.

In either case you are priceless, how could you even be satisfied with an avatar kill that you can't actually earn, and if you have to keep someone else away from it then you didn't earn it it is "MMO Welfare"...
    Forgot who said that and where today but I like it, it fits the bill for you.
    Neiloch likes this.
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

lol you have got to be kidding, as a matter of fact it helps you with these updates because the avatarss are killed quicker and the zone is empty for you to frolic around in doing whatever you want.
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Balbasur Active Member

No, they are not random, if there is a patch and an avatar is due to spawn it will spawn right after the patch, the patch resets the spawn timer. That is how guilds know when to camp in the zone before the server downtime. Just make them contested, add server notifications when the GODS enter the planes of Norrath.

Suppose Mar existed in real life. If he came back to earth do you not think it would be on the news?
  10. Balbasur Active Member

You earn the kill by killing the Avatar, which can't be accomplished due to one guild on each server farming them, hence hindering progression.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

http://www.guildprogress.com/eq2/progress/world/category/Contested/246
    Servers where multiple guilds have killed avatars according to EQ2 progress:
    Antonia Bayle
    Crushbone
    Everfrost
    Splitpaw
    Storms
    Oasis
    Valor
    Unrest
    Guk
    Freeport
    Alenna likes this.
  12. Balbasur Active Member

They have killed 1 Avatar at most, which means 2 Guilds have killed at least one avatar each. But, if one were to look at guilds that have killed all the Avatars on server you will see it is again, farmed by one guild hindering the progression of many. Server announcements would change this enabling contested to be contested and not farmed by one guild on the server.
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

At most it was all of them. Wrong again, of course.

You've yet to state why multiple guilds wouldn't be able to kill avatars if they just used the same readily available methods avatar killing guilds use. I'm not against server broadcast because like I said, it would change little. all it would do is make it so guilds don't have to check for them. They would still have to use a call list and get a raid force on, basically everything the avatar killing guild does but quicker/better.

In the mean time i suppose guilds will just have to do possibly the easiest thing in the game besides logging in; keep a character where an avatar spawns and look at the screen once in a while. Maybe even walk around a bit for the 3 newest ones. I know it SOUNDS like a lot to ask but I see low levels who never played the game before do it a lot so must not be too hard.
  14. Balbasur Active Member

They wouldn't be able to kill them because they are not given the opportunity due to other guilds farming them when they spawn. Again, make the timers random, don't spawn them during the server open after patches, and enable server wide messages.

Thanks, can a dev address this issue please, based on the evidence is posted a few guilds are dominating this spawns blocking other guilds from experience content.
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

"other guilds farming them when they spawn" doesn't mean anything. they kill them after they spawn and have the force to do it. What else are they supposed to do? Wait and see if someone else wants a crack at it when they are already set to go? lol.

You just don't get it. ANY other guild could be on top of those spawns just as well. Guilds killing avatars don't have any kind of special advantage. Refusing to acknowledge that fact changes nothing. those two adjustments would change nothing because the problem is other guilds not wanting to raid things outside of their scheduled time and not wanting to have the 'pressure' of going up against someone else.

The lack of a server wide message is easily overcome by the guild simply checking the spawn spot as much as their competition. Explain to me how it doesn't since you seem to think that's the case. If guilds can't do the absolute easiest part of killing avatars why would making that part even easier make it so more guilds are killing them? It wouldn't.

Its contested, if you aren't putting equal or more effort than other guilds killing the content, you aren't supposed to be able to kill it. That's the way its supposed to work.
  16. Terein Active Member

What evidence is that exactly..? They can't stop you from pulling the mob, you get there first, you get a chance to kill it.
  17. mouser Well-Known Member

I'm not a raider, so maybe someone can explain this to me:

I was under the impression that Avatars use the same 'first to tag' claiming rules as every other mob in the game. If that is true, then any guild/raid force (heck even a couple people if they wanted) present when the Avatar spawns would have an equal chance of "claiming" the fight. So the only way one guild could have them on "lockdown" would be to somehow prevent other guilds from being around, which on a non PvP server, seems very hard to do.

Where am I going wrong?

Edit: auto taunt bots could play into that, but I haven't heard there as common here as they are in games like FF XI- where EVERYTHING is contested.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Its more friendly than even that. the mobs are NPC's that won't engage a raid force at all unless they have nearly a full raid. So 1 player could not keep messing with the spawns to screw with other guilds, for example.

ANY information available to avatar killing guilds about location and spawn times are freely available to every other guild on the server IF they make the effort to actually try and get the information. It's not a big effort to make. You would still want this information even if there was a server wide message.

Really it seems like he just has a HUGE problem with having to check spawns since that's all he proposed changes would effect lol.
  19. Crychtonn Active Member

You guys are all getting trolled.

Balbasur is an unguilded level 50 Troubador on Antonia Bayle in legendary gear.
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.