Avatars being farmed by one guild

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZUES Well-Known Member

Thought we learned a lesson with the previous avatars. I'm very happy their back but most servers seem to have one guild that keeps them on permafarm. Please reconsider adding a clickable item (like a statue) that is clickable/spawnable so that all guilds get a chance to take on the avatars. It's causing a lot of server drama (again).
    Guiscard likes this.
  2. Shurrikan Member

They are contested. Go Google the word. If they wanted everyone to get a hack at them they would put them in raid instances.
    Wirewhisker, Neiloch, Terein and 3 others like this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

All guilds have exactly the same chance at killing these. The ones who kill it are the ones who are willing to go the extra mile for them with call lists etc.
    Otherwise top guilds would just form multiple guilds with alts and repeatedly kill them still.
    Wirewhisker, Uguv, Neiloch and 2 others like this.
  4. Salty21db Active Member

You mean one guild is getting more then other people because they are putting in more effort?

QUICK CALL SOMEONE!!!! *Dials Big Bird*
    Wirewhisker, Neiloch and Mnoizr like this.
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

Other guilds would put in the effort if they had a chance in hell at catching the spawn. This is progression we're talking about, not some random act of participation.
    Guiscard and Kraeref like this.
  6. Geothe Active Member

Hi.
    Welcome to Contested Content.
    Wirewhisker, Neiloch and Estred like this.
  7. Draylore Well-Known Member

They have the same chance at 'catching' the spawn as any other guild.......its first come first serve ....welcome to contested content.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

That would defeat the point of having a contested target.
    Wirewhisker and Neiloch like this.
  9. Lempo Well-Known Member

So basically what you want is for them to be exactly like an instance?

Well I thought we were pretty clear on what contested content was but now here we are.

This is just the first step into the guilds that couldn't kill it to begin with complaining about how hard it is and making it a simple fight that is hard to fail on, just like they have destroyed almost all of the challenge in raids. If you want to kill Avatars then camp spawn points, make a call list and get people on, if you can get enough people on and kill it so be it if you wipe and the other guild kills it then unfortunately you'll just have to wait. Truth be told you, (or the majority of your guild maybe) is not interested in putting forth the effort, if the gear isn't gonna fall into their/your bags then it just isn't woth the effort.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm with the other people responding to this thread. "Contested" means that whoever gets there first gets it. That's the way contested content has always worked. And people whined as far back as Blackburrow about other jerks running in and killing names after they'd worked hard to clear to the name, this ain't nuthin' new.

You want an avatar, your guild needs to plan for it. Read up on them, do research, figure out when spawn is likely, and then get your tuchis out there and get first pull in on it. But don't expect two pulls, because Them Other Guys will take it soon as you wipe.

There's other raid content. Do what you have the will and personnel to manage and don't ask for nerfs to make it easy. Instead, you develop your will and desire if you want it.
  11. Primaeval Active Member

The avatars right now with perhaps one exception (Vallon) are not that difficult. If your guild can kill Berik in PoW, you can pretty much kill 5 of the 6 avatars. If you want to know how to do it, there's a plethora of information out there already or you can stand near a guild killing one and collect AE timers and other information from parsing.

As others have stated, it is not the difficulty of the avatars that has one guild killing them. It is the effort they put into it. Regardless of IRL or game, there should always be some advantage to putting forth a modicum of effort imo.
    Neiloch likes this.
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Sounds like the answer to your thread is a big no.
  13. Draylore Well-Known Member

Kids today. They would probably have a heart attack if confronted with a player maintained 'rotation' amongst guilds. =P
    Wirewhisker, Neiloch and Elostirion like this.
  14. Terein Active Member

If you want a shot at them get your guild to transfer to Freeport and put a little effort into it, done deal.

I didn't see complaining when contested were actually a big part of the game, why now? Guess that's what happens when SoE turns them into things everyone can kill.
  15. Davngr Well-Known Member

that's what contested means, so don't cry if someone kills a mob that's there for everyone.

the problem is when the gear from these relatively easy mobs(they die before instance content is cleared) start being better than harder instance content. thus forcing instance content to be balanced around gear that is not available to raid forces who don't/can't invest the time to do contested content.

contested should be a "we cleared everything, we're ready to kill contested" not " lets go kill contested so we can clear instance content" like it was in TSO.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Start banning spawn bots, and things might change ;)

If someone had to actually sit and watch for the spawn, they wouldn't be locked down to the degree that they are. I do believe its a detriment that bots are allowed to operate in plain site for contested spawn notifications.
  17. Terein Active Member

I wouldn't go that far to say it was like that in TSO, the guild I was in had some trouble with the avatars until we cleared Anashti / Gynok, we only had Field General and Ykesha uncleared when we started farming avatars, but I do agree with you.

I think RoK had it perfect, put some easy contested for everyone, then a couple contested for the best guilds to fight over, both sides win.
    Neiloch likes this.
  18. Cisteros Active Member

They are contested. Man the **** up and kill it or ST*U
  19. Nocturnus Member

While I agree with the overall nature of contested content...

... this is why I usually don't like time being put into its implementation. Why? Just as the title of the thread says, it makes it very, very easy for a single guild to monopolize it; meaning that all that dev time goes toward making one group of 30 people per server happy.

Too much drama. Too much ****** waving. Instances exist for a reason. Everyone gets a fair shot and whether or whether not your guild can complete the encounter has nothing to do with who gets there first.

But that's just an opinion.
  20. Mnoizr Member

Contested content has always been fought over. I remember camping and waiting for Ladon and other epics to spawn .. calling everyone on the phone and hurrying to get in game to try and take them down. That play style and effort is not for some .. if it isn't ... go to an instance, but don't try and rain on the parade of those that enjoy the race to kill the contested.
    Neiloch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.