Avatars being farmed by one guild

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crychtonn Active Member

Oh he's that guy.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

This is a bit of a straw argument, just cause one guild got one kill somewhere, doesn't really mean they aren't locked down excessively.

I'm by no means against contested and rewarding real players that contest them, but I'd be bold face lieing if I said there isn't some minor things that could be done that would make the mobs far more 'contested'.
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Like I told Matin, several of those servers have multiple kills by multiple guilds. I provided the link so you can look for yourself. Here it is again: http://www.guildprogress.com/eq2/progress/world/category/Contested/246

Even if its 'rare' it proves that it is possible and that multiple guilds can kill avatars on one server IF they match or beat the effort other guilds are putting in. Hence the 'contested.' If you don't want to match or beat the effort the avatar killing guild is putting up then you lose the contest.

If you want to have multiple guilds killing all the avatars on all the servers then more guilds are going to have to step up. If you want it done via mechanics what you are looking for can only be called contested just because its in a open zone, not because people are actually contending against one another for it. that's just named mobs in open zones that need a raid to kill that are no rarer than solo or heroic mobs. I'm not against that type of common 'contested' raid content but balance would dictate they basically drop EM raid level loot.

Every problem people have voiced over avatars as a whole is basically a problem with being in a proper contest for kills/loot and getting beat because they refuse or aren't capable to put up a challenge. Not to put too fine a point on it, frustrated that there is a guild on your server that is much, much better at killing avatars than your guild/raid force.
  4. Crychtonn Active Member

Anytime Matin makes a post this should be the response.
    Lempo, Terein and Neiloch like this.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

Actually a server-wide announcement would be hilarious. I can just imagine how that would play out on Freeport.

Everyone would be scampering off to the zone to watch the fun, making raids just to pull more in after the zone maxed out its population.

Can you say zone crash?
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you could crash it still, even if you did, the novelty of that would wear off very fast and it would devolve down to only those raids capable of making a 'contention'.

There have been a great many changes to what is sent between the server and client such that overloading a zone has far less issues than it once did.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

I would also venture a guess that the servers that only have 2-3 guilds "killing" and of the ones that don't have all 6 by now. Chances are those non-6 guilds have members who can't log in at odd times and that is what is preventing them. The fact that they are able to contest and down an Avatar speaks at least for part of those guilds.
  8. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Server messages for spawns would be fun, but given that the lag since CoE is barely tolerable with one raid in an area I can't see it working.

I do feel really bad for lagging out all the boots hq questers when I look for Rodcet.
  9. slippery Well-Known Member

This is 100% wrong.
  10. Seiffil Active Member

such a bad person interfering with the boots HQ! Or even the lightstone HQ.

If a serverwide message was all that he was proposing, I tend to agree with Atan in that the novelty of people racing to see the avatar killed will probably wear off. It might be an issue, but half the time especially with the avatar of Valor, you'll see people filling the level chat channels going oh hey an avatar is up which accomplishes the same purpose as a serverwide announcement.
  11. Balbasur Active Member

Can a dev respond please, this is a huge issue for guilds wanting to progress on content. Having one guild per server killing these by having the timers is crazy, these are god of norrath why wouldn't the followers know when the diety steps foot on norrath?

Introduce server wide announcements when the Gods step foot on Norrath, thanks!
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Other guilds can also get the timers without even having a raid force, just needs one person. there is literally nothing stopping them but themselves. I could go on any server, roll a bunch of level 1 characters and get the spawn timers for every avatar on the server within a week easily. And thats without doing any detective work like finding public DKP records, discos, posts or even simply asking even though they probably wouldn't tell me. So with a guild under complete secrecy, i would have to wait about week to get all the timers.
  13. Jacck Active Member

I don't want to presume what a dev will or will not respond to, but I can say with 95% certainty that even if they respond, it will be this. "Contested means that when a Contested creature (Avatar in this case) spawns, anyone can go after it. Oh, and they are on random timers." And the rest of us will say that you need to get better at getting your guild/raid force together to actually contest them. Your lack of ability does not mean everything should be handed to you on a silver platter with ribbons.
  14. Balbasur Active Member

Please make them serve wide announcements it will stop farming guilds and actually make these contested thanks.
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Do you think spamming or 'getting the last post' will do anything extra to motivate the devs or up the chances of them reading this? lol

Its cute you think that's the only thing stopping your guild from killing all the avatars, but you're wrong.
  16. Balbasur Active Member

17. Estred Well-Known Member

Did you really just quote yourself in an effort to aimlessly bump your thread? I am sorry mate but a Contested boss is one that anyone can get if they watch for it. If you want an Avatar watch for their spawns like every guild that has killed at least one and form up your own raid and kill it.

If you wipe an another guild takes it well... that is the nature of a contested boss.
  18. ZachSpastic Active Member

What do avatars have to do with content progression? Please attempt to respond intelligently.
  19. Jokirr Member

We might be here awhile.
  20. SOE-MOD-05 New Member

This thread has been closed for becoming non-constructive and degenerating into trolling and personal attacks.
    Terein likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.