Auto Attack Breaks Stealth

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Jupiter, Dec 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonoske Active Member

Just a heads up there is no more auto attack.. On the patch notes it says auto attack can no longer be interrupted
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean anything when nearly everyone in this thread agreeing with you are you guildies that don't even play assassin. It is no surprise you don't understand the issue.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  4. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Where do you see that? I don't see anything after Dec 20.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

It actually means the handful of people that understand the mechanics and still play this game ended up in the same guild.
  6. Jupiter Member

seriously, props to Reload!
  7. Venser Active Member

We get the issue. It reads, "I am still bad at timing autos and think that my timing is fine."

Yeah it sucks you have to actually understand cast times of CA now, lol? If the Assassin's dps came from CA I can see a possible issue, but considering how TLE is especially with auto hitting the hardest it's just not going to be the case. Adon has mained a predator in the past for years, even up to recently. Those who play Scouts understand how timing and auto works, well you hope they know. Just because auto swings for you now doesnt mean you should have to change the way you play.

Who cares that the same info comes from people in the same guild? You've always had a hard on for thinking that people are only trolled or attacked by certain people. Well a lot of these certain people do actually know what they are saying, tested, played, and succeeded. No one now a days just attacks someone else's opinion about how to play unless they deny the advice they seek. In this particular case one person is having an issue with CA being interrupted during stealth chains by auto attack, something that only came to light when the game helps bad players be better.
  8. Jupiter Member

Honestly my favorite part of EQ2 are the people who pretend it's hard so they can be proud of how good they are at an incredibly easy game. Putting "really good @ timing CAs in between autoattack ticks" on my e-resume.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

It actually means a handful of people with big heads and sensitive egos made a guild. It's neat that yall think timing auto mechanics is some mystery mechanic that only scientists can understand... but auto attack not turning off when stealthed is still a broke mechanic.
    Adoninilol likes this.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I'm going to point out the obvious - no one is seeking your advice; they are reporting a bug. "Certain people" are constantly weighing in with irrelevant "advice" and insults no one asked for.

p.s. this thread gives me a softy
    Dude likes this.
  11. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

That would not be odd; that's how it's always worked.
    Dude likes this.
  12. Jupiter Member

(decades of trolling experience)
  13. Tobias Fünke Member

I'm really enjoying this thread.

Mechanic is clearly broken. Yes you can work around it but that's not a reason not to fix it so a stealth art works from stealth correctly.

If new players or people who haven't played a scout before (yes, there are apparently some of these) have to constantly ask in gen chat why their CAs don't work, something is broken. Not sure why there's even an argument here.
    Dude likes this.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Bad players have backup.

Time autos pls. Thank you.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

Feeling the <3

Timing autos is far from a mystery, yet most players failed at doing it well for years. Bugged or not, most players DPS went up due to these changes.
  16. Jupiter Member

I still don't understand this timing autoattack thing. Can someone maybe link a youtube video that explains how to do it? This is all very confusing. Also can someone tell me where the broker is?
  17. Jupiter Member

OK, so I figured out how to get the yellow bars on my screen, but it's still a little confusing. One of them is going a lot faster than the other, how do I fix that??
  18. Surgeon Active Member

Look, I'm on no one's side, just waiting for my 115GB download to complete.
    I just had to leave my comment here.

How to top the dps parse. Even back in the day when auto attacks would make 2/3 of your dps you didn't time autoattacks.
    It's a myth some people have put into this world to mislead the noobs reading flames and now this forum.

You spam your CAs and you don't get distracted by timing autoattacks.
    The order in which you spam them is
    debuffs, buffs(taps), highest hitters
    I don't count temp buffs as buffs, it goes without saying they're used pre-fight.
    The order is the same in any game.

Now with auto attack making only about 1/3 of total dps this is even more true.

As a sin you talk to your brig to send you a tell when he has debuffed the mob, if he's not a complete failure that's what he starts with except for weapon throw, snare and deaggro when running in.
    You make a tell macro to bug your troubs for jcap.
    And you're nice to your mystics because they'll give you ROA.

Not that it ******* matters anymore with how FUBAR this game has become, no matter if TLE or live.
    And there you go, download complete
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

http://www.uninstallhelps.com/how-to-uninstall-everquest-ii-by-sony-online-entertainment.html
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.