Auto Attack Breaks Stealth

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Jupiter, Dec 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jupiter Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/invis-with-the-new-auto-attack-change.592093/

There is a thread linked above in bug reports but as we've seen before, things are posted about here, in bug reports, the /bug function is used in-game, yet often it takes a PM to a dev in discord before anything is done (EOF-tagged Claymore items weren't fixed until a couple weeks ago, I believe).

The unintended side-effect of making auto-attack not pause during combat arts has basically broken all stealth abilities, as the stealth attack itself is turning autoattack on before firing. Scouts that only have 1 or 2 stealth attacks may have an easy time timing their attacks or using macros, but for predators we have a lot of attacks from stealth.

There is a workaround of changing all of our stealth stuff into macros that turn off auto-attack, but after testing, it doesn't work consistently (I'd say maybe 20% of the time autoattack comes back on when the macro should have turned it off), and also prevents you from queuing abilities, as macros are not queue-able.

I can't imagine this was intended. Or if it was, please let us know that it won't be fixed so we can roll ez mode swashies. :)
  2. Nybling New Member

Yea I made a new Dirge last night and while playing this morning was wondering WTF was going on with my stealth attack. Turning Auto-Attack off seems to have done the trick but it was very frustrating.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Sixgauge like this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This might sound controversial.

There is no stealth attack in game with the exception of assassinate that is currently outparsing auto attack. Just time your stealth attacks between auto attacks. If you were delaying your autos to cast some ****** stealth ability before luckily the game will now help you be better at eq2 and swing your auto instead of whatever awful stealth ability you were gonna use.
  4. Jupiter Member

The more attacks you fit in between autoattacks, the more DPS you do.

Delaying a few autoattacks by .1s here and there on a 60 second raid fight is not a DPS loss if those microseconds are used to fit in extra attacks. Everyone likes to pretend they are god's gift to timing auto's, but if someone says they never delay an autoattack, then they are probably losing DPS by waiting for AA to go off every single time and never pushing the envelope around an autoattack. If there are 15 autoattack swings in a 60 second fight, even if you delayed each one by .2s it still only adds up to 3s of delay over the fight which is less than 1 hasted swing. And that would be the extreme example of someone who is basically not paying attention and someone you'd tell has to "learn their class" or something.

So the argument there is pretty weak already. And the fact of the matter is that the mechanic is broken and clearly not working as intended. No game designer would create a stealth attack that breaks stealth before it lands.

You can bla bla about workarounds, macros, stealth attacks are a DPS loss all you want. At the end all you're really doing is trying to make excuses for devs who broke a mechanic because no one has to use stealth on live and they forgot people still use it on TLE. It should either be fixed, or the devs should grace us with their presence after the holidays and say it will never be fixed and we can finally delete our ****** predators and roll easy-mode rogues. There is no other right answer, sorry.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Sixgauge like this.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

So you're saying you're bad, don't understand math, and think this mechanic helping you not fail auto attacks is bad.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

If this was unintended then it's a bug and they should fix it, or at least add it to the pile of broke stuff that should be theoretically addressed some day. It is annoying a lot of people, and apparently making the class less fun, just judging by people in world chat keep asking how to make macros to turn off auto attack (I haven't played my assassin since that update).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Jupiter Member

You're bad at trolling but feel free to keep trying. :)
  8. Venser Active Member

He's not trolling. And he isnt wrong.
  9. Jupiter Member

If you want to keep bumping this thread with nothing to say, I'm good with that. The only answer that matters to me will come from a dev or not at all. :)
  10. Venser Active Member

They wont answer you. They wont fix it. I wont argue the point as there is nothing to argue, because Adon is right.
  11. Jupiter Member

Or they will answer me and they will fix it. You don't know any better than I do. And Adon is wrong. :)
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Will you settle for one of our resident armchair devs?
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Posting in the TLE forums hoping for a Dev response. You must be new here. You will be disappointed.

He does know better than you do.

Adon is a lot of things, but "wrong" when it comes to EQ2 is seldom one of them.
  14. Jupiter Member

This means very little to me. If someone wants to convince me that I'm wrong, they'll explain themselves. If they don't have the interest, energy or ability to do so, I don't have the interest or energy to care. :)

Whether the devs respond or not is up to them. A mechanic is broken and I posted about it because I'd like to see it fixed. If people want to spend their time trolling my thread telling me I'm bad and wrong and the devs will never respond, that's their prerogative. I'm just happy it keeps getting bumped.
  15. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

The devs do read this forum, but they usually don't reply because 90% of it is trash posts. Dreamweaver just posted last week, proving they are reading. A reply isn't necessary anyway, you just see stuff in the patch notes when it's fixed.

It will probably take them a min to fix things since people take time off for Christmas season, and they just released a new expansion. The release introduced several significant bugs that impact Kaladim and none of them have been fixed yet.

You seem happy with bumping the thread... but these dudes are guildies and just trolling you, simply because their leader saw an opening to attack you. Do what you want but engaging with them is a waste of time, and they are quick to use the report button if you slip over the line.
  16. Venser Active Member

QFE
  17. Venser Active Member

Hey my computer died in September. I am lonely and have nothing better to do than waste my time, and other's time.
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

And they say being a house wife is easy.
  19. Jupiter Member

I know who they are. I think they're upset because they want their own pet mechanics fixed first and don't want the devs to waste their time with a broken mechanic that only really affects 1.5 classes. I feel for them, I really do!

And yeah I'm giving the devs their break before I bother them on discord, which is apparently where you have to go to get them to fix EOF-tagged quest rewards 6 weeks into the xpack.
  20. Venser Active Member

Who said that? Cmon tell me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.