assassin recived a TON of PvP damage nerfs, why?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Davngr, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeos Well-Known Member

That was then and this is now... they adjusted globally to balance things, but doing that left the classes with the hardest hitting abilities far and away at an advantage. Assassins have been powerful FOREVER. I am not sure exactly when they crossed the overpowered line, but they are currently there.

And brawlers still are in need of a fixing as well.
  2. Xeos Well-Known Member

Davngr if you really want Devs to respond perhaps you should post parses and evidence to the contrary of what I was stating. Show them that all of these things are completely balanced and I am sure they will listen. You have other people that are clearly backing you up on your stance.

Post a combined parse showing hundreds of SS hits and Assassinate hits etc and compare that with your outgoing DPS to each person that was killed, the duration etc.
  3. Davngr Well-Known Member

you just have a problem with dps classes then because ALL the dps classes do about the same damage gear/skill/group being equal.

do you want a pvp full of tanks that can't die? great fun xoews.. you know how to make a game awesome bro.. not

better yet lets go back to the 10 minute matches were none died and people fell a sleep slobbering on their keyboard.

the fixes originally posted were fine and warranted but the nerfs to SS, assassinate and mark were not and those were probably directly do to your failure of a thread.
  4. Xeos Well-Known Member

No not all DPS classes do the same damage etc. Sure if you want to look at the broad picture it is possible for most of the T1 DPS classes to stay mostly equal in DPS in a sustained situation. But please tell me what other class contends with an Assassins overpowered burst killing power... leaving the CLEARLY as you stated overpowered Beastlord out of it. But see that is where the line was crossed, they have far too much burst, sustained and aoe damage capabilities. Sometimes you cannot have your cake and eat it too.
  5. Davngr Well-Known Member

dude.. i haven't been planning to nerf this class so i haven't been saving data like you have.

grats on your mob mentality nerf assassin thread with all your ranger buds.
  6. Xeos Well-Known Member

sigh...

Go into your EQ2 folder and look in the logs folder, under the battleground folder. You will have all the data you could ever want to make your counterpoint.
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

swash? brig? lock? necro? conj? wiz? ranger? even illys can burn someone pretty fast if they get a nice chain of criticals..

oh dude.. i just listed all the classes. why don't you go play one of them like i have and then you too can comment on what they can and can't do. oh wait.. you played a ranger and you're mad that rangers have a different play style than assassin? i get it.. you want assassin to play like ranger. to stand out of damage range and drop bombs.. or wait? do you want ranger to hit harder than assassin at range out of harms/taunts range?
  8. Davngr Well-Known Member

can i find 20+ parses from bg's there saved from who knows when?

and how many bad assassin parses did you save bro?

why don't you post those to be fair or is being fair not an option?
  9. Xeos Well-Known Member

Just because you play a bunch of classes does not make your point valid. I don't need to stand at range to avoid damage on my sin.
  10. Davngr Well-Known Member

it means that when people post nonsense i know and your nerf assassin thread was nonsense. only reason you had a backing is because there are a lot of bad players that want to nerf every class except their own in every pvp game, duh.
  11. Davngr Well-Known Member

ok.. i dint' want to go thru logs but i did.

here you go:
    NOT critical:
    [Wed Feb 13 23:29:52 2013] YOUR Shadow Step hits Nagafen.Delethen for 8051 poison damage.
    [Wed Feb 13 23:37:33 2013] YOUR Shadow Step hits Nagafen.Knightla for 10108 poison damage.
    (1360834920)[Thu Feb 14 01:42:00 2013] YOUR Shadow Step hits Nagafen.Olafwarhammer for 7942 poison damage.

critical with temps up:

(1360828653)[Wed Feb 13 23:57:33 2013] YOUR Shadow Step critically hits Nagafen.Extheist for 20370 poison damage.

[Wed Feb 13 23:40:20 2013] YOUR Shadow Step critically hits Nagafen.Doesha for 20839 poison damage.

critical NO TEMPS:

(1360835178)[Thu Feb 14 01:46:18 2013] YOUR Shadow Step critically hits Nagafen.Loamy for 11889 poison damage.

(1360832839)[Thu Feb 14 01:07:19 2013] YOUR Shadow Step critically hits Unrest.Sinupox for 13208 poison damage.

by the way.. with little help sinupox kicked my *** that round lol

another random assassins shadow step i found:

(1360828961)[Thu Feb 14 00:02:41 2013] Permafrost.Sinnrr's Shadow Step critically hits Nagafen.Schnooky for 1140 poison damage.

to the people that say that shadow step can't be avoided or resisted?
    (1360835453)[Thu Feb 14 01:50:53 2013] You fail to Shadow Step to your opponent.
    1360835453)[Thu Feb 14 01:50:53 2013] YOU try to poison Splitpaw.Straha with Shadow Step, but Splitpaw.Straha dodges.

yea.. so cut that by 50% and my SS is hitting for 4k? really? thats one auto attack for ranger if that.
  12. Xeos Well-Known Member

You dug up some of the lowest hits I have ever seen... I applaud you for that. But now post the average. I guarantee you it is 17-20k on average. My SS nearly always hit for 20k+, even non crits.
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

i went and posted actual data why don't you? i like ACT better and i'll run some bg's this weekend and post them since it's hard to get a median damage number from logs.

also.. check out that 1k SS.. ya that players toughness is off the charts compared to the other players stats but still.. you can see how the spell didn't warrant any change and also it can be avoided so that side of your argument is false as well.

efffn witchhunt is all this was .. open up a door to get a class nerfed and ALL THE BADS come rolling in to support it lol

i'm not saying you did it on purpose but no one with any actual knowledge of the game agreed with you.
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

I will post ACT data, I just haven't been home all week so no access to the files.

Also, I never stated that it could not be avoided. It is a melee based attack that does Poison damage.
  15. Raacs New Member

Bold statement is true, If you're a good player on whatever class in others eyes this class will be OP, this is because most other players aren't good and don't have a understanding of any other class or any timing of any abilities. (People need to understand not all classes will be balanced and some are more designed for a duo, trio or group combat) Don't get me wrong assassins can blow people up, but if you're prepared for an assassin and you are paying attention there are a TON of ways to counter them. This still should be one of the classes that you need to watch out for. (the same way BL's Brigands and Rangers are.) Get your tank to hold him down. In most cases in BGS tanks are just trying to DPS and not even hold targets, so of course an assassin is going to be able to run around killing softies. Hell, if an assassin is burning you run around in circles and problem is solved. But the real problem now is there isn't enough good players on the forums that want to discuss how there class works and what they think isn't working for there class. Assassins need that DPS because they don't have the CC and they are still a very positional class. the most positional in this game. I think that many nerfs is going to be very hard on any assassin including the good players. Assassins have always been known to be glass cannons and squishy.

What I'd like to bads to read. "Instead of getting someone nerfed, Look for ways to beat them" When you die to anyone don't go right to the forums and post damages that people did to you. Cause you know, there almost always is a way to counter it."

My shadow step hits for about 11k (crit full temps) on a well geared player. Single hit. I mean casters have dots that tick for almost that amount.
  16. Xeos Well-Known Member

I can leap on people and surprise them more often than not, or counter their counter easily. And as far as positioning that is a thing of the past, we have few combat arts that require them. And with PFT you can circumvent an interrupted Concealment chain, or use IPS, if you really want to. The class needs adjustments, it is that simple.

As I stated earlier, after looking over my own parse data I think Assassinate should remain as it is on live.
  17. Davngr Well-Known Member

at some point you're going to have to admit to yourself that you exaggerated your numbers. what you posted on your "nerf assassin" thread was (even if you, yourself don't realize it) biased, inaccurate inflation of the actual damage that these (now nerfed) combat arts can do.

this excerpt taken from your post is clearly someone who is looking to make this class (and him self) seem way more powerful than what actually is.
    you can't deny it..
    30'sec recast? what assassin runs around with 100% reuse?

18k-25k? well.. if you're consistently hitting that much harder than most all other assassins then i guess we need to nerf lethalaty or whatever it's called because my assassin has a good chunk of good raid gear and you're leaving it in the dust.
    keep in mind that we're trying to prevent TOTAL separation of pvp and pve.. WE WANT raiders to log into bg's on days off and before/after raid so the fact that you're smoking my damage and my survivability by a margin THAT LARGE proves that, there IS something wrong and THAT IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED.

NOT the assassin class since the assassin class is AND has been perfectly balanced with OTHER dps classes in the GROUP dynamic that we call battlegrounds.
  18. Xeos Well-Known Member

I am not exaggerating like I said later on tonight I will dig through parses. I don't post stuff just to get a class nerfed for no reason. Only if I feel that it is truly out of balance.

As far as reuse I run around with a minimum of 50% If I want I can get it to 70%+ and that nets me close enough to 30s.
  19. Davngr Well-Known Member

i doubt my range on SS is from 8k to 23k? and your is 18k-25k with no temps or crits..

try reading what you post to yourself and then ask yourself. would i believe this if someone was trying to sell me a timeshare?

dude.. this is such an under-handed scam that it's not even funny.

how much the bads pay you?
  20. Xeos Well-Known Member

I can just post parses man, and the only temp that would affect the ACTUAL damage of SS is Exacting. That is ONLY if it even counts the MODIFIED reuse on CAs, in which I have never checked.

Other temps would just add separate damaging hits to it. PFT won't do ANYTHING, as CB for PVP is easily capped before popping that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.