Assassin changes

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Nkito, May 1, 2017.

1. Nkito Well-Known Member

The class just feels like a whole lot of "work" without the payout. By work i mean spamfest of fast casting abilities, managing increments, constant moving to get within 4m range (but this is also a big part of the reason I enjoy the class). It used to be rewarding to perfect all that but it's no longer worth the effort. Betray and instantly be competitive but bored or continue to be stubborn.
  2. Zorennon Member

I just wonder it the developers actually read these posts would like some sort of reply to acknowledge our frustration even if they say " that's the way it is Sins " . With that we could move on!!!
  3. Fenin Member

Devs mentioned in discord they are working on the next xpack already. I think that means they aren't working on class balance anymore until xpack, even though there's been next to none implemented yet this xpack.

They might throw you guys a bone in the xpack, but I'd suggest betraying to ranger for now. Every assassin in my guild did that long ago, they contribute much more to the raid as rangers.
    Revanu likes this.
  4. Zorennon Member

Unfortunately betraying to Ranger is a very sad thing to do I understand it but just cant bring myself to do it . I have a real attachment to my 13 year old Sin. If there is a DEV God may he bless the Assassin .
    Whiomaju likes this.
  5. Whiomaju Member

Betraying to Ranger may help with the problem of progression, but it does nothing to solve the problem of Assassins lagging behind. What guarantee is there that Assassins will be fixed next expac? None whatsoever. The Devs explicitly said, a year ago, this expac was the expac where things would be looked at, yet now things are worse than ever. Hardly a profound endorsement for a positive outlook of future performance. To say wait until next expac is far too old a tune by now. I rolled my sin in 2005 and it has been my main toon ever since then. Why betray to Ranger now after all these years, against any wish to do so, only because of issues with game design?

It is fair to send the issue back to the Devs for design adjustment. NOW.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

maybe like the fact that warlocks were blast xpac and they boosted them a lot

though .. monks weren't behind last xpac .. they still boosted them a lot (compared to bruiser ..hmmm)
  7. Dannni Active Member

Is there anything actually wrong with assassins? I read on discord they’re in a good place. Although that probably means gearing one correctly and knowing the class. Let’s see some well geared eq2u character sheets that are underperforming. Or is this another, “I’m not performing on X class therefore it must be broken. It can’t be me I’ve played the game for X number of years”
  8. Nkito Well-Known Member

Too many variables to compare different players in different groups with different buffs, etc. Especially now with pot (stat) mit being such a large influence. Just take these (and any skill differences) out of the equation by considering only players that have betrayed to ranger this xpac. Same gear (or even missing ancients, runes), same groups and buffs and most have more experience playing as an assassin. Every single one that I have heard of has reported a significant decrease as an assassin.
  9. Whiomaju Member

Well I'll bite Dannni. I'll put the burden of proof on you.

Why don't you come up with an example where a ranger has betrayed to sin and given equal circumstances the sin has outperformed the ranger significantly (up to 30+%)? We have seen plenty of examples of people betraying from sin to ranger and reporting a significant increase, but not the other way around. Why is that you may ask yourself.

The empirical evidence is in favor of rangers over assassins. This is clearly not a problem of individual players but a generic problem inherent to class balance.
  10. Dannni Active Member

So are we saying that assassins must equal rangers precisely?
  11. Fenin Member

Technically they're supposed to be higher than ranger due to range restrictions, but at the moment you can betray your sin to ranger and even losing adorns and not knowing how to play ranger at all your dps is at least 30% higher. Closer to 45-50% higher on ae fights.

Assassins are supposed to be a t1 class, which they still are, but they're at the bottom of the t1's by a very large margin. They've been behind since the start of KA, but the gap has gotten significantly larger since PoP release.

People use the ranger vs sin argument because raid makeup / gear isn't taken into effect. It's comparing the same or lesser gear, same raid, and less skill, but achieving better results
  12. Whiomaju Member

Are you saying Assassins should be worse?
  13. Dannni Active Member

No, i couldnt care less how they compare to rangers. If you want sympathy you need to present a coherent argument. Lets get some evidence together. ACT logs, character names, gosh anything. Simply whining just makes it sound like its the person driving the character is the problem
  14. Whiomaju Member

You are the one who deny the practical evidence of other players. In essence you are calling them liars when they report that rangers are more powerful than assassins when they have tested both under equal circumstances.

YOU come up with evidence to support your opinion or get out of the thread. You have contributed nothing whatsoever, you don't even play a ranger or an assassin.
  15. Rougez Active Member

I must have skimmed over the evidence provided in this thread...
  16. Dannni Active Member

Forget about rangers. In the correct hands assassins are still very powerful. Lets go with rangers are 20% stronger and that is a major assumption considering we are going entirely off hearsay and conjecture here, so what? You have the option to betray if you want. By default one of either ranger or assassin has to be stronger than the other
  17. Whiomaju Member

Who are the 'we' you represent?

Anyway I will leave you to your trolling ways now and not disrupt this thread anymore.
  18. Dannni Active Member

"argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself"

ring a bell?
  19. Nkito Well-Known Member

It seems to be overwhelming consensus that they are the least effective T1, I still haven't heard anyone disagree with that. What I don't understand is why. Yes, somebody has to have the lowest ceiling, but why would it be the most range and ae limited class that is the least encounter friendly?

In reality, assassin never truly recovered after losing the reset rune. FFU chain every 30ish seconds with fervor proc was what made them relevant, there is no pet or proc or overtuned 101+ abilities on short recasts to fill in the downtime.
  20. Whiomaju Member

It's not really an ad hominem. It's not even an argument. It's simply lack of interest in talking about vacuous ideals and relative values with someone who does not play an assassin or T1 dps who lacks the personal perspective and knowledge of the classes involved to bring an informed opinion based on personal experience over an extended period of time.

You are of course perfectly entitled to claim the moral high ground and to have an opinion about classes you don't play and the weakness/strength of players playing classes you don't play and a situation in the game (T1 dps) that you are not directly involved with.

I'm just not interested at all in your opinions or sympathy or whatever.