Assassin changes

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Nkito, May 1, 2017.

1. Whiomaju Member

Thank you. The above is my personal experience and observation as well. The reset rune was good pre Epic 2 but then the Devs decided to split up the reset effect between different classes as their Epic 2 reward. As you say Assassins haven't recovered since then. Even the reset rune was kind of a lucky circumstance, rather than balanced combat mechanics for Assassins, so the root problem pre-dates the Eth reset rune.
  2. Nkito Well-Known Member

True, but previously there were other sources of damage like hemo's, or before that, autoattack. These have been neutered and I never really saw replacements for them come to the assassin that matched makeshift or the hawk. The reset/ravage runes just allowed assassins to chain their bursts a little more consistently.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

it talking about stats - it's easy everybody now needs the same stats. Pot, CB, fervor SDC

but if a long term sin who betrays to ranger gains 20 to 30% dps. it means they sucked as sins or the ranger is stronger.

And there would be a lot of sh***y assassins outthere. Maybe it's the positioning. Yeah since rangers lost the positioning on their epic 2 .. life became way easier :)

also another hint is how little assassins we see and how raid guilds aren't looking for them in particular. Usually that's another hint for the state of a class. And since not much sins in high level raid, it's hard to compare with other T1 dps.
    after it's also hard to compare a ranged T1 with a melee on every fight.

to be competitive, the sin needs to be on par on ranged, or slightly below ranged dps but higher when he can stay in melee all the time.

I still see the comparison with FF14 monk. It's full melee, full positional switching behind and flank. And to get the best dps, need to spam combos to keep his buff. Of course, he cannot always do it so his dps drops. But he has for that the highest possible dps output of all dps classes. A sin can joust in and out but looses a lot of dps while doing so. even if with shadow step he can just back in quickly.

but he should have the (or one of the) highest possible dps output of ST. compared to ranged.

if not, then it's hard for him to stat competitive.

and so how is the sin doing on fights where he can just stay on the mob compared to ranger/lock/wiz ?

and parses to show us ?
    VGScastaway likes this.
  4. Whiomaju Member

Yes, but this was also before Ascension spells really made their mark on the game. Ascensions, in combination with stat inflation (pot) has meant that the relative importance of combat arts is much lower, especially without ravage+reset. Everyone has Ascensions and Celestial Gate runes now. Tweaked FFU, although good, just doesn't cut it to fill in the void.
  5. Dannni Active Member

Yes parses. Let’s look at the numbers. Looks like Whiomaju has volunteered with his knowledge and understanding of the class and what it takes to be a great t1 dps, so I’m sure he will provide us with the act logs to show the developers. Let’s make sins great again
  6. Vanleeze New Member

Speaking about sins, can someone explain why the sin poison (Vitality Breach) hits so much harder than the ranger ?

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

but what are the numbers ?

we see a % .. but from 33% to 0% .. can we see the actual vitality breach enc dps numbers ?
    a % doesn't mean a thing.

maybe because of frontload ? though it would be too much I guess
  8. Vanleeze New Member

Yeah, the avg hit is about 4.5b while the ranger is around 20k. I don't get it. I must be missing something.[IMG] Ohh with very similar stats btw...
    [IMG]
  9. Nkito Well-Known Member

33% from a poison, what encounter is this on?
  10. Nkito Well-Known Member

Also, which versions of vit breach? If this isn't something weird like dmg during a pq maybe it's specific to that poison.
  11. Vanleeze New Member

It's on POP raids,it's not on a specific fight, it's on all of them. I even saw the proportion go up to 40%.

I don't know which version of the poison the sin use, I know, I use the best one and I don't even reach 1%.

Anyway, I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong with my poison to hit so low.

Thanks
  12. Fenin Member

Poisons are not supposed to do any real damage, developers have stated that a few times. They are nerfed into oblivion on purpose.

That being said, there's been a couple item effects over time that have bugged out poisons to a ridiculous level, that assassins is likely utilizing an item that causes that or some other exploit.

I'd start by examining him to check for any item effects that most ppl don't wear, especially old items. If there's nothing just ask them how they're bugging it out, they might tell you.