Assassin changes

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Nkito, May 1, 2017.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I really don't understand how it really takes that much time, they just need to buff CA damage lol. And switch around a few AA's, like pred's final trick to base potency instead of CB. Fix prestige lines so they both do more damage~
  2. Solmors New Member

I don't understand how they didn't know this was going to be a problem when they were making the expansion. It is simple math really.

Lets compare how stat changes effect a mage and a scout. Both start with 100 damage.

Vanilla/no stats:
    Mage: total 100 - 100 damage comes from spells.
    Scout: total 100 - 65 damage from CAs. 35 from auto attack

Add ancestral abilities which are all spells (estimating they add 25% DPS):
    Mage: 125 - 125 from spells
    Scout: 125 - 65 CA, 35 AA, 25 ancestral

Now lets add 40,000% potency, which only effects spells and CAs, not auto attack:
    Mage: 50,000 - 50,000 damage from spells
    Scout: 36,035 - 26,000 damage from CAs, 35 from auto attack, 10,000 ancestral

Add max weapon attack increases (DPS[1,000%], Haste [125%], MA[175%], Flurry[400%], WDB[400%]) 2,100%:
    Mage: 50,000 - 50,000 damage from spells
    Scout: 36,735 - 26,000 damage from CAs, 735 from auto attack, 10,000 ancestral

Add spell double attack, does not affect CAs:
    Mage: 100,000 - 100,000 damage from spells
    Scout: 46,735 - 26,000 damage from CAs, 735 from auto attack, 20,000 ancestral

It took me 10 minutes to understand why there is a problem. It also gives us an idea about how to fix it. They could increase scouts base combat art damage from 65 to ~100, and change spell double attack to ability double attack so it works on CAs as well. They would be balanced after that, but I don't like this solution because it keeps auto attack at 1% or less of the parse.

My suggestion: Change spell double attack to ability double attack so it works on CAs as well, and auto attack gets multiplied by 1/10th of potency (so 1000% potency doubles auto attack damage). Here are the results of that.

Mage: 100,000 - 100,000 damage from spells
    Scout: 101,400 - 52,000 CA, 29,400 AA, 20,000 ancestral

Done, classes balanced (1.4% difference). Well... not totally. Mages do have spell auto attack, then you have the problem of pets...
    Ambi and Xyno like this.
  3. Fenin Member

Can't tell if trolling, but if not.. Wow
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This guy gets it, honestly I think auto attack should still be a thing because timing it on its own is a skill. I remember watching players interupt it for like 5 seconds lol. People really think timing autos perfectly to maximize dps isn't a thing. Especially when you consider things like players not hitting ~ mid concealment chain to maximize auto chain. (In plain sight op tho)
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Also side note, if they go with above step it will just make mages kinda weak sauce cause they don't have max hp debuffs, but those are another can of worms of dumb band-aid fixes.
  6. Ryuken Active Member

Potency and Fervor should definitely boost Auto-attack damage as well to some degree.

Or Just add another Stat that boosts auto-attack damage.
  7. Nkito Well-Known Member

Autoattack is dead, the trend is toward reducing server calculations. Ascensions with long cast times, level 101-110 spells being consolidated. I expect more procs to follow the way of Celestial Gate, triggering off of spells/ca's only. For a while now autoattack has been useful only for procs, once that is removed it can be ignored completely. Might as well remove it at that point, along with the associated stats. Geomancer is the one thing that says otherwise though.
  8. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Takes 3 seconds to screw up a class and 3 years to fix them....
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

Didn't you quit yet?
  10. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Well yeah, isn't it obvious. So did like a thousand other people. You still getting ****** by daybreak?
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

Nah, I'm enjoying the excellent new server.
  12. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

13. Radi Member

Srsl ? You give rangers buff with colossal damage, and then say that assasins such buff is not needed?
  14. Nkito Well-Known Member

This is a really old thread but still a valid question. I'm starting to wonder if balance is being evaluated based primarily on heroic fights because an assassin can do ok in short bursts. A class either needs passive boosts or they need to be tuned to be op in short bursts that averages over time. You can't keep their bursts reasonable and deny passive dps at the same time.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

every class needs a role in solo/ heroic and raid. and so be balanced through all those.
  16. Radi Member

Simple situation. Teleport last named mob in Ro`s PQ:
    1. Ranger stay and shout
    2. Assassin - crazy roundrobin

What is the advantage of a Assassin in difficult battles with the events?
    And with damn temporarily unstriketrouth event?
    How to generate/finalize FF in this situation?

DPS assassins should be much more that Ranger, to compensate for these differences. But now everything...
  17. Radi Member

I have one suggestion to the class changes:
    Accumulation chance of immunity to stun/daze/root and run speed from first and each next abilities that requires stealth (protection of FF generation process).

And no more of this frequent immune to damage such a named mobs!
  18. Zorennon Member

I see everyone discussing a multitude of ways to improve the Sin. I see the only fall down for the Sin is this newest x pack . I have complained about it a few times to no avail but to keep my whine fresh in everyone's mind I will add to it . The previous xpack it took me a long time to become useful was happy when i started contributing to raids . Last week we went back to the old zone where i was able to shine again then we came back to Pov to do some stuff with the exact same setup ,same buffs same everything . My Sins just disappeared to next to non existent on the parse was absolutely useless . So my thought is the Sin has truly fallen out with the Devs or there is a secret for the setup a stat we are all missing . I have tried so many setups i am sick of it . The ranger and sin are supposed to be comparable the difference was just Good and evil . I hope someone will figure out what is up so we can play again with a little pride in all the work we have put into the Sin :)
  19. Redlight Well-Known Member

Guys please! Who needs class balancing when DEVs can spend there time breaking raid encounters,making new Mercs and 100's of patchwork animals! You selfish lot
  20. Elkana Active Member

I've played an assassin since launch. It's all I ever wanted to play honestly, and this is the first xpac that I can't find a way to compete with the top DPS'ers. It's incredibly frustrating, I keep telling myself it's because I missed the last summer event and i'm raiding with half the fervor of everyone else, but honestly I keep seeing everyone else parses go up, and mine just holds the same crappy numbers. I realize that no one cares who quits this game, paying customer or not, but this is the first time I've wanted to quit paying my sub simply because my T1 designed class can't compete on the parse.
    Elkana Li'Santo
    Whiomaju, Earar and Dude like this.