Assassin changes

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Nkito, May 1, 2017.

1. VGScastaway Member

On a side note, our raid necro's reset rune is still proccing. Mine is not - tested it on a bunch of conjured creatures for almost 20 minutes without a single reset.
    Of all the runes to interfere with... Why that one?
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

is there a trigger .. on ACT to know when the rune procs ?
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

Did you equip the new orange adorn on your epic? Thats why
  4. Yado Active Member

Here you go Celestial Gate Trigger

<Trigger R="You are connected to the Celestial Gate" SD="Celestial Gate" ST="3" CR="F" C="Ethereal" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    Earar likes this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

thanks

couldn't find what triggereed it
  6. Overwhelms New Member

So the devs mentioned previously a change/tweak for assassins, what is it and when will we see it?
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

have been none
  8. Overwhelms New Member

I realize there hasn't been a change or modification yet how ever they stated there will be one in the coming months during ask me anything session they had.so I'm trying to find out when and what? ;p we saw a change to sorcerer few updates ago how about the rest of us? (assassins) specifically.
  9. VGScastaway Member

So far as I've heard, I have no clue specifically what the changes will be, and Caith responded to the 'when' question on discord (yesterday?) by saying they'll be put in when they're done. Helpful as always lol.
  10. Overwhelms New Member

They sure did stick in a increase for wizzy/warlock so fast....
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

It's actually very helpful. It says, "We're working on it and won't put it in until it's right." That is exactly what we should want from game developers.
    Thilka and VGScastaway like this.
  12. Overwhelms New Member

I agree with that, However a timeline would be nice like before the new expansion or after? lol simple as that
    VGScastaway likes this.
  13. Carni Active Member

My guess would be this might arrive a few months after the next expansion. If it happens at all.
  14. Mark John Member

Not sure what the issue is, in top 10 WW guild and our assassin is very competitive with BL and Summoners, often leading parses.
  15. Revanu Well-Known Member

theres a major diff in dps from a top 5 guild to top 10. just sayin.
  16. Protips Member

Mark John must be a salty soul that is currently ahead of an assassin and terrified the sin will win again. The sin have problem it's not news, if the sin is doing good it only means he is working much harder then others.

Don't even need to argue

If there's anything, you summoners could use some nerf and stop trolling raid parse with planewalkers
    Snikkety and VGScastaway like this.
  17. VGScastaway Member

If that's the case Dude, I couldn't agree more. If 'when it's done' and 'right" are the same, I could hope for little else :)
  18. VGScastaway Member

If they wait until the next expansion before any attempt is put in game, I'm not waiting that long and this will be the last xpac I play.

They did it on the fly for Rangers (to the point of pretty noticeable overkill), there's no reason they can't do it for assassins.
  19. Solmors New Member

This is the exact quote from 6/12/2017:
    Emmerald: someone know when the new assassin balance will be on live?
    Caith: Probably not until after it's been completed Emmerald
    [IMG]
    What we know: There is balance planned/in-the-works for assassins
    What we don't know: When, how

It's not much to go on, but better than nothing I guess.

We also know it won't come by the way of poisons because:
    Caith: Poisons won't be getting an update before the expansion, if then. I don't make many balance adjustments focused on increasing passive damage.
    [IMG]
  20. Solmors New Member

I found this one, posted about a month ago.

Vynie: I know I asked this before, but when do you plan to give predators an across-the-board buff treatment? Do we have to wait until November? Assassins were worse off than sorcerers, yet you completely ignored them.
    Caith: each review takes time Vynie, and preditors won't have to wait until November. Assassins are actually the next DPS class on the list.
    [IMG]

What we can pull from this: Assassins will be getting a balance pass (ie buff) before November.

What is still unknown: Exact time; it could be tomorrow, it could be October 31st. Other classes first; he said next DPS class, not next class. They might be working on healers or tanks first but we have no way to tell. What the balance/buff will consist of.

All in all, I am glad we have some info, but I would love to know a more accurate time estimate. If it wont be until October, I might as well play one of my alts until the next xpac.

p.s. I hate how Caith said he is against increasing passive damage (aka poisons and auto-attack), but send and forget pets are perfectly fine.
    Snikkety and Ambi like this.