Anyone Find the Beserker Proffesion hat?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Kyriel, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

I'm still on the part where you have to kill that last named guy in the Nest. I tried to kill him once before and there was just no way. I only had one healer though and was still 60 or 61 I think. I just dinged 63 last night though so maybe he will be a bit easier now that he's yellow instead of orange. =D
  2. ARCHIVED-R2Chief2 Guest

may sound silly but i have tried alot of different tactics on this guy, one that does work is using a troub or a chanter to mez it when things are going bad (low mana, this thing has a ton of HP) and letting the grp get mana back, healers lose mana mainly due to the group dots and having to clear them alot.

But last night while fighting i thought just for once try a new tactic, instead of putting on defensive stance and using a shield+1h i decided just to stick to offensive and captains ever shifting vouge, rampage/OW/aviak master rage and this guy was stunned pretty much nearly all fight between me and the brig, no need for mezzing and the healers had a simple time keeping me up using basically next to no mana while we took him from full to none in one go. Managed to out dps necro/brig alone using this (although the necro was 52..) and thats the easiest fight ive ever had against him. None of those "MEZ IT MEZ IT MEZ IT WERE ALL GOING TO DIE" moments at all..

Will be using the 2nd tactic from now on everytime, but option a will work fine as long as you tell your grp before hand what is to be done and not to use dots.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

First: Froglok with a bear hat.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

Second: and btw, BOO
    Spent ten hours getting this quest done in one night(and early morning aparently)
    Here's our UBER new graphic.
    [IMG]
    Stats are awesome, effect is fun. Graphic is..... one of the selling points of the KoS expansion????

Anywho, i'm bitter, and going to bed. Sorry folks :/
  5. ARCHIVED-Jake_The_Lettuce Guest

:smileyindifferent: i was expecting something that looked alot better than that
  6. ARCHIVED-Rezniak Guest

Grats on completing it Grind. Still at the Nest egg part. I have to say the helm is amazing, but the graphic simply sucks. Looks like every other helm we get. Isn't this quest under "Signature"? Meaning something unique? They dropped the ball on the uniqueness of that helm, thats for sure.
    On a different note, any further tactics on killing the boss at the end is greatly appreciated. I may have missed it so i apoligize in advance. But, is the nest egg the last part of the quest? Or, is there still more after?
    Thanks,
    Amabuss
  7. ARCHIVED-wcheet Guest

yes, im on the agg part aswell, is there much to do after this point?
    what lvl can you wear the helm aswell pls?
  8. ARCHIVED-Zervun Guest

This graphic might not be the correct one

In the templar forum they said that the templar helm wasn't finish - maybe this one isn't also
  9. ARCHIVED-konofo Guest

There is indeed more to do after the Nest. Among other things, you will basically need to clear out the Halls of Fate, an instance with mobs ranging from 68 to 73. If you're having problems with Chamberlain in the Nest, then finishing the quest is probably about 5-7 levels beyond you.
    najena.konk
  10. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

Yea, They've already stated somewhere that not all the class hats were done. But for the classes that weren't done they would be sharing graphics with other classes until their class hat was complete. Guardians have same looking helm as us atm.

As for the quest. Getting to the nest part and completing that step are the "easy" portions of this quest. The steps after that get significantly more difficult.

After egg, you gotta get a buncha updates, from three zones. Palace of awakened, Sanctum of the scaleborn, and Halls of fate. The Palace update is quasi-rare, 1-2 clearings of the area where the mobs spawn will get you the update pretty much. Sanctum was common. One of the updates in Halls of fate is "rare" meaning you may have to clear the zone twice to get it. Took a buncha guildies two attempts through, took me two runs through. At the moment if you dont kill any named (well certain named anyways) there's no lockout, so you can zone out and back in just for the chance to get more quest mobs. There's about 10-12 of the quest mobs you need, per clear. For halls of fate, i suggest you bring a mezer and are lv 67+. The mobs in there can spike damage pretty hard.

Hope this helps, and doesn't ruin the fun. The encounters in halls of fate are really quite fun.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rezniak Guest

Thanks for the info Grind, appreciated. As for the helm, that is good news that what it looks like now is not the final product. Looks like I have a lot more work to do. No matter really i'm only 61, lots of time to do it in. Besides I don't believe I can wear that helm for several levels anywhow.
    Thanks,
    Amabuss
  12. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

[IMG]

ROFL

[IMG]

ROFL again

Grats though it does have really nice stats, resists, and mitigation. I still can't wait to get it. Look on the bright side, it really goes with your Crayola look very well. I think you officially have every color from the rainbow now! BRAVO! :D Plus, I think we should all be very thankful that it is a nice plate helm after all and not a stupid bearskin hat! Also, look at the icon in the description...what do you make of that?
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 03-03-200610:39 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-FlameingInferno Guest

#@$%*()&$@#)(%&@$#(%!!!!!! HOW FREAKIN STUPID IS THIS!!!! So far ALL of the other class hats look pretty cool, Ours doesnt even look like we have anything on but regular armor!!! $%*&$)(%* SOE!! COME ON!! GIVE US SOMETHING COOL!!! We are Zerkers for crying out loud! we are the coolest class in the game!! and we get some headslot that looks like normal DOF armor. PUT SOME THOUGHT IN TO THIS!! Please SOE tell me you are changeing this!! I AM VERY VERY VERY DISSAPOINTED IN YOU THIS TIME SOE!

Pardong my #$*()%&$ , im just really really upset at this. was there nothing else they could give us? hell id rather have the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] bear hat than this POS
    Message Edited by FlameingInferno on 03-03-200610:40 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

I hear you but things could be worse. I would rather them fix the Juggernaught spell personally and get to this later...hehe.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

Quite a few classes are in the same situation. Berserkers, Guardians, Templars. Several other classes share the same model as others. Troubadors have the swashbuckler **** hat, as does the dirge. Bruisers and monks share the sunhat. All shaman and druids share the bearskin helm atm, poor bastards.

Lotus posted in regards to the Templar hat here. They are using one of the standard models as well.
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=13&message.id=22515#M22515

I really wasnt very impressed, but at least its going to be resolved in the upcoming updates (aka, 1-3months lol :()
  16. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"All shaman and druids share the bearskin helm atm, poor bastards."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 03-03-200601:37 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Kyriel Guest

18. ARCHIVED-R2Chief2 Guest

grats on getting it completed grind, tryed the mobs for the final part at 65 but those things in halls of fate sometimes hit for a ton of bricks. Still using benthaf head protector so much compare the stats between the 2, and i must say im rather dissapointed with the generic look that we got so really hope this is changed.

froglok in the mystic hat really cheered me up, that is just pure quality lol
  19. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

Here is a SS of the ranger one.
    [IMG]

This came from the last mob in the Vault, i heard that he ALWAYS drops a profession hat. No quest involved.
    Message Edited by Florin on 03-04-200610:14 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

There are a variety of the proffesion hats. Dropped, quested, raided... etc

But, i'd be eager to see the stats off the Berserker dropped helm from bottom of vault.