Anyone ever charge their groups?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Caelum, Aug 2, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

[p]Now Im bashing wizards because I said that I have never personally seeen a good wizard? Thats not bashing anyone. Seems that you have a disease I like to refer to as selective reading. Cause right after I said I have never seen a good wizard I said "Dont get me wrong, Im not saying it isnt possible for a wizzy to parse 3.5k, but Im betting that he gets a pretty stacked group and a lot of proc gear." You however seem to completely skipped that part. Why was that? Because you have this overwhelming need to start crap with me? What? Did I once tell you to stop whining about your dps in another thread? Seriously, whats the deal with you? [/p][p]We have an outstanding warlock in our raids. Ive seen him push 5k on trash. Do you honestly think hes going to push numbers like that without a little help from his group set up and live to see the end of the fight? But again, just because Ive seen him peak 5k doesnt mean I run to the forums and say he pushs out 5k raid dps. I can tell you this. If I taunt him, and hes got a good setup, his ZW will be 3100ish in MMIS. But if I say hes hitting 4k-5k on some of the fights in there, it doesnt show the whole picutre of how well the class performs as a whole. Get this through that head of yours.[/p][p]So yes, my personal experience with Wizards has been bad, do I think all wizards parse that bad? No, but from what I DO know about wizards and locks is that if they want to hit numbers like that they need some dehate loven. Hense the troub. Time compression to help push those numbers even higher with an Illy. So to sit there and say, blah blah blah our wizards is the bestest wizard ever blah blah blah.. he didnt get that way by himself. Group setup goes a long way for any DPS toon in this game.[/p][p]Seriously, stop trying to start something by reading what you want to into what I write. The only one here thats making assumptions is you. With your selective reading and your need to start some type of drama that isnt there.[/p][p]One last thing to the OP that I forgot to mention in any of the previous posts. Yes yes, we pay for a part of our DPS through poisons and arrows, but if a mage runs out of mana, his DPS is going to plummet. Melee classes are lucky in this regard. Yes our DPS will suffer if we run out of power as well, but nothing in comparison to what happens to a mage. [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-EomerFarstar Guest

Nesse@Oasis wrote:
    [p]It's obvious that Mages need dehate in a groups and would be stupid not put any a Troubador in a Mage grp lol.[/p][p]Nodody gets 3.5k - 4k DPS in raid by themselves(where I did state they do ?). Even Rangers need Illusionst buffs to get the best of out of them. It's blantly obvious that the group setups, debuffs and buffs contribute to everyone's DPS.[/p][p]I never state that any class was better than any other. But you assumed I did lol. We're all part of a raid force and no class is better than any other because everyone has their place in a raid.[/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

[p]The only assumption that was made about you in my last post was that you have this problem with reading things into my posts that arent there. I challenge you to show me just where I assumed that you stated that any class was any better then another. Good luck with this. You're going to need it cause it never happened.[/p][p]So far, in this thread, you have repeatedly said that Ive made many assumptions, when in fact I havent. [/p][p]For example.[/p][p]
    [/p][p]Each and every time I call you out on your comments, you quickly try and change the subject into yet something else. Each and every time you have been completely and utterly wrong. So no, rather then believing you have selective reading disease, Im rather confident in knowing that you just lack the fundamental skills needed to process the English language. Reading comprehension FTW! Try it sometime. It might just enrich your life. [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-TileronEQ2 Guest

Nesse@Oasis wrote:
    Hehe...getting a little harsh, Nesse?
  5. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

Personally, as a casual player, I don't have a lot of time to farm for cash, so I have kind of sat my ranger down some and started playing other classes that aren't so money intensive. When I got my ranger to 70 and 100 aas, I had around 24 plat. Right now, I have 4 plat. Most of that money is arrows, poisons, and repairs. My quiver is a 20 slot, so I generally need to buy 10 stacks or so at anything from 3-4 gold a stack. Then 3 partial stacks of poisons starting at 5 gold per usage, really hurts. That is from a couple of nights of playing. While I enjoy the ranger more than my zerker, I have switched over to the zerker on some raids for the sole purpose of saving cash. I am currently raising up a dirge and am enjoying the class quite a lot.
  6. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

Giland@Guk wrote:
    [p] As a casual player, how much time does it take to farm cash? If you have one free hour you can make easily make a few plat. Surely if you raid, and are casual you arent raiding 7 nights a week. Unless you only log on to raid, and then promptly log out, theres honestly no real reason to be broke in this game.[/p][p] [/p][p]Tileron... lol I suppose I was, but I hate being so "misunderstood" so to speak!;-)[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

get used to pay for your DPS or reroll another class... things are not gonna change, its been like this since launch. Its just now even worse since we are "forced" to use crafted arrows (and mastercrafted poisons for better dmg) sucks, but thats ranger life :p hmm... now i remember why i very rarely play with my ranja anymore :D ++Xan
  8. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

[p]I still wonder why a lot of Rangers feel the urge to use mastecrafted poison and handcrafted arrows all the time. Ifyou blow through mobs like champs, like in some groups or trash in raids, why use mastercrafted? I normally don't even bother with debuff poisons in those situations. Seriously, you guys so desperatly want to top a parse where fights last less then a couple of seconds? For that matter, I can hit high parses in raids even with normal poison. Just gotta coordinate my CA cycle.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-TileronEQ2 Guest

Ryilan@Runnyeye wrote:
    [p] Less then a couple of seconds?...that would be one second? Yes, ok if your fights are one second long, mastercrafted poisons won't make much of a difference, lol.[/p][p]I don't think anyone is saying that rangers need to use mastercrafted poisons to parse well. A ranger can parse fine with handcrafted poisons. Looking at the big picture (zonewide parse), however, you will do better will grandmaster poison than exceptional. If you don't need it, good for you, and that probably means you dont have enough competition for the top spot of zw dps.[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

Tileron@Befallen wrote:
    You like to nit-pick, do ya? Ok, let's say they are less then 10 seconds. Doesn't matter much. Whatever, if you think you have to out-do every other class on every zone-wide, then go ahead and use grandmasters 24/7. The others won't notice that you paid for their envy. :p
  11. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

Ryilan@Runnyeye wrote:
    [p]It's not about the parse. I know my guildies bring their "A" game when they raid. Out of respect for them, I also bring my "A" game. If that means I spend a little more for poisons and decent arrows, so be it.[/p][p]Slacker Rangers are a dime a dozen and are nothing but dead weight on a raid. [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-TileronEQ2 Guest

Ryilan@Runnyeye wrote:
    Hehe, nah. I was just joking.
    I agree completely with Gareorn...It's not about making others envious (sure there's some competition between DPSers, but it's what encourages us to keep improving). It's about bringing everything you can to a raid, just because everyone else is doing the same. It's not about how much you're willing to spend to get bragging rights. It's about how much you're willing to spend, just like all your friends, so that the team can finally get that kill you've all been working on.
  13. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

[p]QFE[/p][p]A Game aside. I only group with guildies these days, and I love the friendly competition we give each other. It is about topping the parse with us, but in a joking kinda way.[/p][p]I also hate running around with both version of any poison. My hotbars have enough stuff on them now without having to double up for handcrafted and GM versions. And forget about opening my bags to try and find what Im looking for. I usually run with 100 of each type that I use on raids, and a stack or two of other stuff I use for different reasons.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Ive always wished every class required consumables as long as we had to pay to play our class efficiently. With that being said im biased and I know no fighter or wizard wants to pay 3s everytime he/she casts a spell or throws down a taunt. Honestly I really wish they would make the bazkul a common drop in say.. Labs and make it ranger/assassin only.
  15. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

[p]Y'know, casters can do Nest for that same plat too. The difference is, a'course, when the caster is done soloing Nest they don't have to turn around and spend that plat the next time they go hunting.[/p][p]I'd like to know which is the tradeoff for being able to wear chain over robes:[/p][p]Minimum range[/p][p]Having to pay for both poisons and arrows[/p][p]Not having a root that recyles fast enough to keep a mob rooted[/p][p]Not having a single group buff beyond pathfinding[/p][p]Being utterly dependent on one piece of gear for DPS[/p][p]----[/p][p]If I were Dev-of-the-World, I would solve this problem by eliminating damage poisons entirely, and upping the DPS of scout classes to compensate (yes, I know that would be very tricky, and people would probably whine). Poisons would be entirely ancillary effects, debuffs, mana sieves, de-taunts, etc. (I'd also give the sorcerors their freaking passive de-hate buff, for crying out loud, but that's neither here nor there).[/p][p]Then I'd give rangers endless quiver, not as an AA, not as an epic, but as a class defining skill, and up the power usage of CA's to compensate if necessary. The end. Yes, yes, I know the devs have sworn they would never, ever, ever give us this ability. I don't care. Paying per shot is unbalanced, and always will be, no matter how negligible that cost is or isn't. Unique arrows? Ever since the introduction of the tenderwood arrows, arrows as a whole have been nerfed, and nerfed, and nerfed, and nerfed again. Quite frankly, I'd be happy if I never saw something like that again.[/p][p]Of course, if I were Dev-of-the-World, I'd also tune down our auto attack damage and tune UP our CA damage by quite a bit, so that we were doing the same overall damage, but the equipment gap between absolute top end rangers and lower progression raiding rangers was a bit closer to how it is for other classes, and not so dependent on one single equipment item. [/p][p]But, of course, I'm not, so...8) Those are just off the top of my head solutions. I'm sure people could poke a million holes in them.[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

[p]Thank god you arent a Dev. Its already been said that just about every class out there, if given a choice, would spend money for extra DPS. How would that make you feel then? Losing a parse to a wizard or a lock because they thought spending money for additional damage was "worth it"[/p][p]Your only valid point is with arrows. All I have to say about that is HAHA. You all thought it was a great idea when it was announced they were going to cut back the arrow usage, but make makeshift arrows terrible. All for it most of you were. Now that hasnt changed has it? Surely you cant be upset that your woodworker is getting fat off your hard earned coin?[/p][p]That being said. How about this as a trade off.[/p][p]Better agro tools.[/p][p]The ability to continue to deal "decent" damage while out of power. Where as a casters dps gets reduced to almost nothing.[/p][p]Better looking gear (could you imagine wearing the same robe with different colors for the last 3 years?)[/p][p]Haste and DPS mods.[/p][p]We run faster, we look better (well except for you soga players :p j/k)[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Deterrent Guest

How did this become a wiz vs. ranger thread?
  18. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

[p]I'd be perfectly fine with losing a parse to a wizard or a warlock if they spent the money for the equivilant to damage poisons and I didn't (or being neck and neck with them if we both did). That's how we're supposed to stack up anyway. (And they need better aggro tools. I've been on that bandwagon for ages).[/p][p]And as for the making CA's not take arrows thing, we were specifically told by a dev they wouldn't be touching our summoned arrows, just adjusting the others. That lasted for all of what, two game updates? The nerf to summoned came later, and yes, I'm still extremely annoyed by it. [/p][p]Final note: The frigging Kithicor chestpiece (and the hat, idly), are no-trade. You can't sell them on the broker. =P[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

[p]Actually you are wrong. Rothgar specificly said when he posted the arrow consumption changes thread that they would in fact be making the makeshift arrows terrible. So you wanna show me where you saw this Dev that said summoned ammo was going to be left as is? See my link below to refresh your memory.[/p][p]As for how we are supposed to stack up? Poisons have always been required by scout classes to "stack up" to casters. This was part of the design.[/p][p]While you cant sell a no-trade item on the broker, no trade items are still sold all the time. You just go about selling it in a different manner.[/p][p]Here[/p][p]and for the lazy like me, Rothgar had this to say[/p][p]
    [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

[p]Correct, he said that, and then when there was a big outcry about it, he came back and said that they would, in fact, NOT be touching summoned arrows.[/p][p]And when those changes went in, summoned arrows were not tweaked. They were nerfed in this most recent arrow overhaul, not the original one (though of course, you could argue they were nerfed by means of making crafted better, but the actual stats went untouched on summoned arrows). [/p][p]It was in a humongous thread, but if you really want me to dig up the link I'll do it tomorrow.[/p][p]As far as the selling of Unrest chestpieces:[/p][p]Uhh. I understand how some raider folks out for a lark in that zone might do that, more power to you, but for most people, especially casual gamers, the Unrest chestpiece is the best piece of equipment for that slot they're likely to get. Not to mention that casual gamers take a very long time to get through that zone. And that I've never yet seen someone NOT have a friend that could come in and use the piece. Saying 'oh well, you could sell that chestpiece you just spent hours (and probably several Unrest trips) trying to get to recoup your losses in poisons and arrows rather than actually, oh, I don't know, USING the armor piece is really, really out of touch.[/p]