Anyone ever charge their groups?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Caelum, Aug 2, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Caelum Guest

[p]I've joked about this with groups and it always gets a good laugh :)[/p][p]But seriously, I went to Unrest a few days ago (finally got my chest after the umpteenth visit) and used 1000 arrows and 8 casts od grandmasters caustic. [/p][p]6g per Grandmasters (42g) + 7g per stack of arrows (70g) = 1p12g + of course repair costs[/p][p]Now, dont get me wrong, I love being a Ranger. Been one from March 05 and went through the hard times and GOD times of DOF lol, but does it make any one else SICK TO DEATH that a wizard can outparse me 9 times out of 10 without paying a copper????[/p][p]Why cant they up our CA's by a large %%. And then increase the cost to make poisons to about 1p per vial? Oh yeah, alchemists will cry that we're taking their profits away. :( ok ok. Fine. But still... Im a point away from conservation so...it will change when that happens so...maybe ill be satisfied then lol[/p][p]Just kind of sick of turning my pockets out for poisons just to be beat on parses by mages :([/p][p]I know, cry some more me lol :)[/p][p]SO, morale of the story, I asked them each for 22g (x5) in jest. No one took me up on it, but I still had to pay it :( [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Deterrent Guest

That's amazingly expensive, I usually pay 3g per caustic and 5g per ammo stack... still, I make a loss in 70% of the groups that I'm in. Refilling my quiver and buying new potion stacks is insanely expensive and slow my finances down way too much :( I'm not going to take conservation though, I see it as a waste of dps that I would get from the extention line (the +crit potions are too expensive for me).
  3. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

You are getting outparsed by a wizzie because you took the conservation line. And missed on tons of DPS upgrades in the focus line.
  4. ARCHIVED-FuRiouSQ Guest

the normal grouper wont lose much at all in dps going conserv, you can still have 5 in focus and 5 in snaring, you only lose killing and honed extended seconds and 5% hit chance which only matters on orange con epic mobs mainly.
  5. ARCHIVED-EomerFarstar Guest

[p]When our guild raids I am always outparsed by our Wizards. He does close to 3500DPS without Manaburn but that is what a Wizard does. They are high end DPS with some utilitie and cloth armor.[/p][p]Rangers are by design meant to out-parse other Scouts but not usually do more DPS than Mages because we wear heavier armor etc.[/p][p]For instances I don't use GM stuff because it's not worth it lol. Just use the lvl 60 poisons and save some plat :p[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

[p] This has got to be one of the worst responses I have ever read in this section. Rangers, Assassins, Wizards (though I have yet to see a good wizzy), Warlocks and yes, even your Swashys, Brigs, Necros and Conjys can post 3k+ Parses. However, each one of them will need other classes to reach their peak DPS.[/p][p]Rangers arent designed to out parse other scouts. I dont know where you got that information, but its simply not true. Had you said Rangers and Assassins I might agree with you. Preds are designed to be nothing but DPS. Some would add in the rogues but I dont simply because they have more to offer then just DPS. It might not be much more, but its something.[/p][p]If you are too cheap to spend the extra money on the top of the line poisons, then you shouldnt be out parsing anyone. You have options. You could create an Alchy to save you some money, then all you need to do is harvest, or buy your rares, craft some Adept 3s and use your powders to make your poisons. You could befriend an alchy. There are ways of getting what you need even if you want to be cheap about it.[/p][p]I personally wouldnt want someone like you in a raid I was on. If Im going to do whatever it takes to make my DPS as good as it can be, I would expect nothing less from anyone else. Seriously, if you are too cheap to spend the 3-5g per caustic, I'd venture to bet that your also too cheap to spend 5 or 10p on a master, or other essentials that you might need for a raid.[/p][p]As far as the costs go, all rogues and preds need to spend money on poisons to max their DPS. So no, I dont feel bad for the OP for spending money it. The only additional cost that some rangers have is arrows, which has already been changed once to reduce consumtion of our arrows. Its no where near as bad as it used to be.[/p][p]Finally.. I recently, as in a 1-2 weeks ago, sold the Kithicor shoulders on the broker for 10p. That being said, Im sure the BP would sell for at least that much, and seeing as how you only spent 1.12p before repairs, Id say you got off kinda cheap.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Nuladen Guest

I like the way you only split it 5 ways...
  8. ARCHIVED-Merkades Guest

I charge my guild :p But then not everyones guild is as cool as mine. In my guild, we/they pay for arrows (if you don't have DT ammo (I do)), Poisons, potions, repairs (10pp a month), cures, pretty much any consumable. Oh, and we also have a policy for dkp to pp conversions to help people buy masters, should they be short on cash and really want/actually need one. Sure, our guild will never be richest (~1kpp atm) but what good is being the wealthiest when your members are paying so much out of pocket and the bank is padded? That's a stat that is meaningless to us. As a caveat to that, I personally pay for all poisons I use in dueling or grouping, as I don't think it is right to use guild funds for self interests. And so, I will go so far as to say I don't use GM Caustics for regular grouping (usually mastercrafted) but I rarely ever group, I play eq2 to raid (always GM) and duel (though somehow I do have like 1300 quests done..). And I have a fairly good gear, dps is not one of my worries. Merkades, 70th Ranger. Siege, Najena.
  9. ARCHIVED-Caelum Guest

Nesse@Oasis wrote:
    1.12pp for an instance to get legendary armor is CHEAP TO YOU???? Wow you must be one of those uber high end rangers :roll: that the devs think all of us are and nerf you to balance but really really damages us....the mid-lower end majority :( :( :( I dont really think its fair for me to have to grind up a lvl 70 alchy (how much does THAT cost time and plat??) just to be able to do my "max potential" dps. Thats insane! The point is, when i was done with the group, I paid 1.12pp. How much did the necro pay? How much did the monk pay, the guard, the fury, the inq??? NOTHING. NOT A SINGLE THING. Yet they are FULLY capable of doing their jobs without paying through the nose for it!!! And thats WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG. I love being a ranger. Didnt even thing twice when deciding class over 2 years ago...and I know I know, dont like it, ****. But I dont want to. I see it every time I go raid. I dont even like to raid cause when its all over, if I dont win anything (which is most of the time) we all pay repair costs, but then i have to go spend another 1pp just to be considered a viable dps option for the next raid? Does the wizard do this? No. And dont say that whole chain vs cloth crap balances it out. We need the chain to find the sweet spot for range and melee. And if we dont go in for the melee CA's, our chain is just like our swords; pretty jewelry just like mages, so thats not really a good excuse as to why I need to pay 1pp just to get to go on raids! Oh, and I maxed out focus and while deciding where to go next and seeing my poison dropping every 20 minutes or so...decided to go with conservation to it might last 30...
  10. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

[p]Yeah actually... 1.12p is cheap to me when I can turn around and sell the shoulders of the set piece for 10p.[/p][p]Oh how I live for the casual v/s uber raider arguement. So typical. Im so glad the uber raiding rangers are the reason you cant out dps a wizard. Which brings me to my next point. Obviously you think the world of that legendary set. What exactly does your armor look like? What quality are the CAs you are using? And most important, what type of bow do you have? Cause yes, all this matters. For you to complain that you got out DPSed by a wizard, while you still have to pay for ammo and poisons, I wanna know what your toon looks like in comparison to that wizzy.[/p][p]As Ive already said, you arent the only scout out there thats has to buy poisons to hit thier peak dps. No ones forcing you to buy poisons. Dont like paying out the nose? Then dont. However, its something you are going to have to come to grips with if you want to deal as much damage as possible. Sorry if you dont like this, but thats just a perk some of us scouts gear. You can still do your job, you just wont be as effective. Arrows are another story completely. However, its still better then its ever been.[/p][p]As far as leveling up an Alchy, thats up to you, I was merely pointing out that you have other options if the cost of poisons seems too steep. Dont wanna level up an Alchy then dont. No one is forcing you to do anything you dont want to.[/p][p]You know whats insane? You joking around with your groups about how much money it cost you to run an instance, so you should be compensated some how. Then haven the gall to come to the forums to rally up support? Thats insane. You want to hit your max dps, then perhaps you should start learning to raid some of the harder content in the game. Then, maybe, just maybe, you wouldnt feel the need to run to the forums because you just spent 1.12p not including repair bills for a group instance only to get your lousy Legendary Set BP. How much does the legendary stuff sell for on your server? Cause Im pretty sure that 1p is around the standard mark for t7 legendary items on my server, with set pieces selling for more then that. [/p][p]So, moral of the story is, if you want to beat those wizards other classes that dont have to pay to play, maybe its high time you learned to play. Improve your gear, improve your CAs and accept the fact that any ranger with a half decent bow can put up sick numbers. Whatever you do, please stop the complaining about how evil it is that you have to pay for poisons and arrows. [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Deterrent Guest

I think the high price of poisons is a valid complaint, reguardless of DPS being pulled.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

[p]What's insane is not spending the time or resources to level up a tradeskill profession and then complain about the cost of items made mde by those who did, or just refusing to bring your "A" game because it costs you too much.[/p][p]So yes, I do think it's fair. Why do you think the rules that apply to everyone else, shouldn't apply to you? [/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Winner for the most ignorant post of the week. Go back to the wizzie boards.
  14. ARCHIVED-EomerFarstar Guest

Nesse@Oasis wrote:
  15. ARCHIVED-Caelum Guest

[p] I dont think I said that no other ranger has to pay these costs nor did i say any scout in general. But the rules youre talking about dont apply to mages or any other class in the game. Why do they only apply to poison using scout classes? [/p][p]My gear is legendary and fabled with my boots and pants being mastercrafted cause I am amazingly unlucky when I go to OOB and havent even been to that area of CMM. Im using raincaller for groups and switching it out with griz for raids cause I stupidly sold the ghost one:( My CA's are ad3's with a couples of masters thrown in the mix. And I know how to play. I parse within range of the few fully falbed and mastered out rangers and wizards in the guild.[/p][p]And im not saying that poisons cost too much. What Im saying is I have a problem with having to pay just to play at the best possible when no one (outside of other poison scouts) has to do this. I cant believe you guys dont see a problem with that!!! What would be nice is if poisons were an option. A real OPTION. Not one that if you dont use them, youre not going cause youre dps is going to be CRAP. I mean a real one. If i want to buy poisons, let me and let that send me over the top in dps. Not even trouchabe by mages. [/p][p]Lets break it down again by my group in Unrest again:[/p][ul][li]Tank (repair cost. probably slightly higher cause he died more)[/li][li]Healer 1 (repair cost)[/li][li]Healer 2 (repair cost)[/li][li]Necro (repair cost)[/li][li]Monk (repair cost)[/li][li]Ranger (repair cost + 1.1pp)[/li][/ul][p]It really is bewildering how you dont see the flaw here. [/p][p]Oh, and Nesse, the shoulders can sell cause theyre Tradable. The other parts that come from instances arent, except for the legs, but Ive not seen those on the broker ever and i usually get a laugh when I try to put a group together to go in there. So yeah, I COULD farm mmc for the shoulders, but the same 3 shoulders have been on the market for about 2 months with another 3 or 4 being added since then. Why buy it when you could just go over there and get them. Theyre probably the easiest ones to get of the 7. Except maybe after the boots...maybe...and Im pretty sure, havent tried, but with the new loot update, a piece will only drop for someone who needs it. And its lore so if it does by some game flaw drop since im already wearing it or theres another ranger in group, I wont even be able to see it as loot. It hides it from me. Nor would I take it from a ranger not wearing it[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

[p]@ OP: Just use handcrafted poison and summoned arrows in groups. It's not like it's a raid and there is a need to do insane dps. Instances will be done with a good group setup, not mastercrafted poison and bought arrows. Is it unfair that mages don't have to pay for that kind of stuff? Yeah, if the stuff is really needed in every situation.[/p][p]@ Nesse : Please be aware that not all folks are rich. I hardly can get past 15 plat, cause mostly I don't have a lot of time for groups next to raiding; and I'm not really that lucky on winning the rolls either... :wink: So pretty much when I get over 10 plat, I'll get an adorn, find a Master at a good price, then I'm already below 10 plat again.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Malloch Guest

[p]I'm suprised at how many rangers say how poor they are and can not make any plat.....[/p][p]I can clear the first four nameds in Nest in 30-40 minutes... using raincaller, the whip that roots, vitality breach, and fettering... thats 4 chances at a master chest/spell (which can sell from 2 to 20 plat (on my server anyway). (Nest can be ran every 18hours)[/p][p]Poets was another nice plat factory. And those masters were selling up to 35p (prices have dropped a lot as these will no longer be end games spells in a few months) [/p][p]3rd option: HARVEST RARES asn sell them on the broker. They sell for over 1p each.[/p][p]Im not sure i like being the only class that has to pay to do dps, but with the ease it is to make plat, it doesnt bother me that much.[/p][p]SIDENOTE: Why did you only split it by 5? are not you 1/6th of the group? Shouldnt you have divided it by 6 and ate 1/6th the cost?[/p][p] [/p][p]Mal[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Caelum Guest

Mistake while writing the post. I did math wrong too lol. 8x6 is 48 not 42 lol. And this morning I checked and they are now 4g not 6g, so, 32g for poisons and 70g for arrows. Totalling 1.02pp instead of 1.12pp
  19. ARCHIVED-EomerFarstar Guest

[p] Rares don't often sell for 1P on Runnyeye. Moonstones go for less that 70g, Acrylia around 70g, Loams are selling for 80g now and Ebony around 90g to 1p depending or demand.[/p][p]Not all servers have the same market for t7 rares.[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Malloch Guest

ok, fine. Harvest rares for ~75g a pop. KOS has areas where you can harvest without ANY aggro (@lvl 70), so there is no risk and NO EXPENSE (arrows, poisons or repair bills).
    A run through poets (even skipping the statue room) i make more than a plat (on average) on the junk (thats without any masters dropping). book drops (sell on broker for 4g to 10g depending on how many are working on transmuting at that time), acrane/precious loots, and treasured/legendary off the 7 'named' chances (3 cobras, 3 pets upstairs, and djinn) A run through poets takes 45m to an 1hour depending on how much you use thorny, and the stinkin doors. (faster if you stay focused, but i tend to take breaks, take the dogs out, get food, etc)
    Crafting is another easy way to make money.
    As easy as it is to make money, there shouldnt be any "... but im so poor" excuses. If your poor, its by choice.
    ~mal