ANNOUNCING: Secret Santug Holiday House Swap for 2017 SIGN UPS OPEN

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Sennetta Active Member

I cant wait to start decorating just got bored and fixing things in the legion of kaesoras guild hall
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. Thanks for signing up. Archeria and I were very tired trying to get everyone access to who they were assigned. There were several issues with houses that had to be resolved by the homeowners. Once we got those issues fixed, Archeria was sending out emails while I was granting access and sending in-game mail. Due to both of us being very tired and having a rough day, there was a mismatch between emails, in-game mail and house assignments. Currently nobody has access to house assigned on Maj'Dul and you will most likely need to disregard any email and in-game mail that was sent. We will be working tomorrow night (guess it is tomorrow already Nov 8th but late in evening again) to get the issue resolved. There was a slight problem with one person getting 3 mails from me to get it right cuz the Maj'Dul thing threw me completely off. The all other servers should all be ready to go.

We are both very sorry for the mix ups and hope you can hang in there one more day for your assignments on Maj'Dul. Thank you for being patient and understanding.

Hugs! Oaky :)
  3. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know, Oaky!
  4. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

-who has already begun decorating-
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note since this keeps coming up...

Many of the home owners didn't put any expanders or just one expander on their house. I have been getting many requests to have home owner use expander(s). I have even seen someone saying they forgot to use them and asked if it was too late to go into house. Unless the decorator requests me or Archeria to contact home owner to use expanders you cannot enter the house.

1. Decorators please do not ask me (or other organizers for that matter) to purchase the marketplace expanders. I do not have dbc to do so and it would be very expensive for me or anyone else to do. I realize I did this for the Niboota event but that was different situation and not repeating it.
    2. Gifting using marketplace is broken at the moment and the home owner must use the expander not someone with trustee access. If gifting were not broken, you gifting expander would break the rules of keeping it a secret you are the decorator.
    3. I will not make a home owner use real money on expander, that is their decision and shouldn't be pressured to do so by anyone.
    For all future house swaps I think there should be rules in place that after the event starts it is not allowed for people to reenter for any reason (including needing house expanders) until event ends. This way there is no pressure on home owner to be buying marketplace expander. I don't know if other organizers feel the same way but something to think about next time you prepare your house for a house swap. If there is anyone out there that can craft house expanders, would be nice to have a list of the crafters so home owners have someone to contact to get the expanders so they can put them on house before the swap starts.

Thank you, Oaky :D
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Completely agree, especially with that last: anyone who can make expanders, it would be groovy to help out with that, or at least list it! :)

Uwk
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

I can help anyone who needs them on Thurgadin - I have materials and can post if meeting up is difficult due to time difference issues or wotnot.
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

If anyone on skyfire needs expander for their home let me know here.
  9. Gretel Well-Known Member

I'm 98% sure I can make the crafted expanders on AB if needed, but I think that's not the issue. It sounds like people not following the rules of the swap is the issue. Poor Oaky has mentioned people talking about which houses they were assigned, and now because the owner is the only one that can apply an expander, there's an issue there with figuring out how to get expanders applied. I think it's so cool that people are going over the top in massive houses, but maybe also there's something to be said for working with what you got in the swap, big or small, and not bending the rules? /shrug
  10. kianne Well-Known Member

Whoop Whoop! I'm Done... yeahhyyy!! :D
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I know I certainly can't afford to get an expander. Not something I would normally invest in. I think I only bought one in my entire life.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's one of the things I save up my monthly 500 DBC for. They're not too pricey (relatively...), can get at least one that way and still have C left over, and between them and the 100-slot expander that people can make (which are often way overpriced, imho), they can be gods'-sends. :)

Uwk
  13. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Sadly I am unable to join y'all in this swap :( I'm not very good with time limits on my decorating and i've pushed myself to the limit with GnG, ToT, and HDE already lol. Y'all have fun and I cannot wait to see all the beautiful Frostfell homes :D

I'm willing to help anyone who may need it. I can craft for anyone on Skyfire. And I have toons on all other free servers that are babies but more then willing to lay tile or something else super monotonous. I don't use the layout editor but i'll do my best :)
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't stress too much about that; there are plenty of folks who do amazing work without any third-party Editors, just placing stuff by hand. They may very well be quite talented in that regard right from the start, and/or have just had lots of practice (practice is good, no matter how much I hate to admit it :p). :)

Uwk
    Gretel likes this.