ANNOUNCING: Secret Santug Holiday House Swap for 2017 SIGN UPS OPEN

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

[IMG]

The Secret Santug Holiday House Swap is a fun exchange meant to bring smiles to decorators of all skill levels. Simply put, this is a name-drawn-from-a-hat “Secret Santa” style gift exchange of a decorated home. We will assign each of you (the Santug) a home to decorate (your Santee). In turn, someone else will decorate a home for you!

WHO :Anyone who wants to join in.

If you aren’t an incredible decorator, that’s fine. People love to receive houses, no matter the skill level. This is about fun and the spirit of giving! You’re giving someone a smile, no matter what you do. After all, you’re building a house for them! All for them! It makes people feel special to get a house like that! So stock up on house items, because we don’t care what your skill level is. If you want to spread a little holiday cheer, and receive some in return, while having fun decorating, this is for you!

If you don’t celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, or what have you, that’s okay! We’re not celebrating them. We’re celebrating FROSTFELL, Norrath’s winter festival. Remember, we’re in EQ2. We’re celebrating a holiday that we can all enjoy together. Merry Happy Cheerful Exciting Special Frostfell to you!

WHAT : Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2017

WHEN : Signups are open NOW until 10/31/2017. (That’s 31 full days! -- DON’T DELAY!)
    You will receive your home signups ON or BEFORE NOVEMBER 7TH.
    Decorating will run from NOVEMBER 7th, 2017 to JANUARY 1, 2018. (Date UPDATED) Nov 1st to allow for a few more people to join in (Heed the new dates for this year!!)

HOW TO SIGN UP: Please send email to eq2.secret.santug@gmail.com
    IN THIS FORMAT:

SUBJECT: SSHHS2017 Server Name.Character Name

Main Decorator’s Server Name:
    Main Decorator Character’s Name:
    Forum Name:
    How many houses total signing up to decorate:

For each server you would like to participate on provide the following:
    Server Name:
    Decorator Character Name:

For each house choice provide:
    Owner Character Name:
    Character Race:
    Character Gender:
    City Name:
    Home Address:
    Home theme; if you do not have any ideas, please write “Decorator’s Choice”:

Do you want any Frostfell decorations put up in your home?:

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

We don’t want anyone panicking the days before That Holiday With A Tree In Real Life With All Those Evil Songs On The Radio because they haven’t finished the house yet.

You have 55 days to work on this house.

USE THEM WISELY! USE THEM WISELY! USE THEM WISELY! USE THEM WISELY!

WHERE : ALL SERVERS can participate!

WHY : Because we like to spread holiday cheer! We’ve found that quite a few people don’t get a chance to give or receive gifts. This holiday isn’t all about gifts, it’s about caring for yourself and others. However, nothing says “I care” quite so much as a personalized home in a game where you spend a lot of time. This is a gift that doesn’t cost any real world money, so even the least wealthy of EQ2ers can both give and receive this gift.

OPTIONS :Some people like to offer the Santug multiple houses to pick from, please no more than 3 choices though. Some people also like to decorator on more than one server. Both are awesome but not required. Remember there are only 63 days to decorate.

WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU SIGN UP :
    • You may offer your Santug multiple addresses. Your Santug can then choose which house to decorate. Note that they will only decorate ONE house, no matter how many addresses you list--listing multiple addresses simply allows your Santug to pick the address they feel most able to decorate for you. Please limit to 3 choices or less.
    • Grant ARCHERIA & BUILDING trustee access on ALL the home choices you want to offer to decorator.
    • Change the name of the home to SSHHS2017VERY IMPORTANT! Do not modify this at all. Even if you have multiple houses you’d like to have your Secret Santug pick out of to decorate, name them all SSHHS2017. No spaces! All capital letters!
    • Make sure the home’s public access is set to “None.”
    • In each of the house choices, place a player written book in your SSHHS2017 home. Please provide house details that will be included in sign up email. Please also map out any other details about character or house you might think will help your Santug. If you do not have any ideas, please still place a book with owner character name, character race, character gender, home city, home address, and “DECORATOR’S CHOICE.”
    • Please make sure that you have at least 70 days paid upkeep if your home is not a prestige home.
    OPTIONAL :
    You can provide the any of the following items that may help your Santug but it is totally optional
    • House actor
    • Expanders. Crafted 100 item and/or 200 item marketplace expander (in any order but use 200 item marketplace expander since 100 item marketplace expander doesn’t stack with crafted one)
    • Guild hall door
    WANT TO HELP :
    No time to decorate a house but want to help? Please send email to eq2.secret.santug@gmail.comwith list of server.character names that you are willing to provide help with. Please indicate for each one how you would like to help (crafting, special merchant purchases, harvesting, layout editor help, etc.). You may sign up as helper even if you are participating in the actual swap.
    QUESTIONS :Send questions to email eq2.secret.santug@gmail.com
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've got three potential little 2-room places, on three separate servers that the Powers behind this can choose from. ;->

Just let me know which server(s) will be involved, so I'll know which one I'll be reciprocating on eventually. :)

EDIT: I couldn't Trustee my Test place with Archeria, but I could with Building. :-/

Uwk
    Darkzypher likes this.
  3. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Sent! I'm so excited!
  4. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Thats fine Uwk -- Long as you can Trustee one of us thats perfectly OK :) -- Just send us the 3 homes that you would potentially want decorated my dear <3
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

One has to be on THURGADIN . . I mean we are "Partners in Crime".
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Errrrr... :oops:

I didn't this time, 'cause Ratta's already up to her armpits in two projects over there, but since one of the ones I sent in was on Test (which I have yet to see any Swap take place on... :-/), maybe the Powers here will let me send in another one? :)

Uwk
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

If you want to resubmit your sign up email to switch Test one with Thurgadin, that will be okay Uwk. If you can talk people on Test into participating, then Test can be included in this event. ALL servers are welcome to participate.
  8. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Between working retail, doing nanowrimo in november, my children's book blog and time with family no way I can do it. But Ill offer up my services on halls of fate if need be.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Totally understand. You will be missed this year.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll send in a Thurgadin request, too, since it's unlikely you'll be getting many more from Test. :-/

Tried to Trustee Archeria on Thurgadin, but apparently she doesn't exist there, either. :-/

Uwk
    Ocarinah likes this.
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Reminder: Signups are open NOW until 10/31/2017.

:)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

All my possibles are in, so I'm happy. :)

Remind me again: will you be notifying us on everything here in PMs, or in out-game emails?

Uwk
    Ocarinah likes this.
  13. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I think I sent mine in. . . Right?
    **thinking it might still be in my draft folder**
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

You did send in mail. Sorry for delay. RL struck both of us and mail wouldn't let me log in. You are on the list that Archeria organized for the two of us.
  16. Synfully New Member

I just sent in my sign-up e-mail, this is my first time signin up for one of these so I hope I did everything correctly, if I did anything incorrectly please let me know so I can correct it in time. Thank you! =)
  17. Synfully New Member

I think I actually put in the e-mail that my forum name is majestikraven, I always thought that's what it was... never really logged in and actually used forums before :p I guess it's actually Synfully? if I need to re-send my sign up e-mail to correct that, I can do so no problem.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

That is fine Synfully/Majestikraven. I can edit it in spreadsheet once it is entered. Welcome to decorating events! Hope you have a blast!
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

I truly would like to participate, but I just don't see it happening this year. Schooling and internships will be all over by May of next year, though I will hopefully have a job by then as well. I think, perhaps, I'll be in a better position to participate then. I'm truly sorry, but I wish everyone who is participating some very lovely homes this Frostfell season. :)
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries! We'll catch ya in the spring/summer! :)

Good luck! :D

Uwk
    hang on...internship? Gonna be a doctor? :D
    Merriel likes this.