ANNOUNCING: Secret Santug Holiday House Swap for 2017 SIGN UPS OPEN

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Aw you will be missed but all your hard work will pay off I am sure with an amazing job. Participation is light this year so I hope more do sign up. More than doctors have internships. Computer Science majors have internships for sure. When I was a senior in high school I had an internship in account field. Everyone around me was having heart attacks and other stress related medical issues though so I changed to computer science. Sort of strange though cuz computer science people tend to eat poorly and have weird hours frequently having unrealistic deadlines. Maybe just timing of international accounting deadlines or something. Anyway...knock schooling out of the park :)
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that's the thing with accounting; I know I've probably put a few more grey hairs on my accountant's head. ;->

Uwk
    who's used to just doing the Simple EZ forms back in the day... :-/
    Merriel likes this.
  3. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Okay.
    I told myself after the TOT17 Swap I'd take some time off. But then Eli came and found me and convinced me I'd like to give a whack at the Urn Event, which I'm finding to be a lot of fun.
    I've held myself back from this event because I just don't have much time, but if I really think about it... I bet I have a little time? Right?
    Oaky said they are short on signups, so *deep breath and I bet a kick in my own behind* I'm gunna dooooo eeeeet!
    I'll get in my sign up today.
    Cuz I love my Oaky.
    Also, when I sign up for swaps for Shan, she puts me on the server that is needed. I'll add that in my email along with my preferred server. But if y'all need to move me around, I'm totally flexible!
    I bet I'll have some time. *thinks before hitting Post Reply*
  4. Gretel Well-Known Member

I really want to do this, but am not sure I can. I'm sorry to be down to the wire to decide. I'm posting because I heard that signups are light right now. I'm trying to see how much time my ToT house takes up. I know that the decorating period is Nov. 2nd through Jan 1st, but with my school and travel schedule, I really only have about Dec. 20-30th to do whatever I sign up for, and I'm just not sure if I can pull it off. I am sooooo glad the timeline was extended or I wouldn't even be able to consider it, and I'm hoping I can sign up. Just really feeling overly swamped irl at the moment. I'll try to talk myself into it by the Tuesday deadline if I can. ;) <3 to all of you!
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Aw! I love my Wizzam! Thanks for signing up. I am sure whatever gets done people will love love love.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Totally understand. I think most people are in the same boat...not too much time nowadays during holiday season. No pressure at all. <3
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hehe no, Uwk, I'm studying Administrative Office Technology, and I'm interning at a local law firm. They have me typing up deeds and stuff like that. I really enjoy it and am hoping to intern with them again next semester.

Thank you, Oaky, for understanding. It was nice having Fridays off while I attend school, but this semester, I work at my internship on Fridays, and nowadays I feel so tired all the time. It's amazing what a difference that one day a week can make, lol. I haven't even done much with NotD. Spent a lot of time digging up graves but got tired of that and just simply don't seem to have it in me to do anymore NotD stuff this year. Just trying to get our {DVC} project done now so I can publish both the project I did for Heroes event and the project our team is working on. It took me all day to just do one part of the project and that part isn't even finished yet. :/

Vas has been spending whatever time he has available to decorate the NotD swap home he's doing. He keeps thinking he's not going to have it done in time, but I have confidence in him, and he knows Cey and I will do whatever we can to help out when he needs it. :)

Anyways, glad to see Wizzam signed up, and Gretel, I can totally relate to what you're going through right now.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'oh; I should've thought of that, I was doing an internship myself (well, they called it a class, through the university I was going to at the time) at a local family of newspapers (for the kids, that's like the stuff you see on the monitor screen, only printed out on lots of dead trees and it gets ink all over your hands) as a copyeditor/proofreader. Unpaid, of course, five days a week, 4 pm to midnight, which was perfect since I like those kind of hours anyway. ;->

We had three papers to get out every night: the first at 10 pm, which would be the priority, then 11, then 12 am, all before the delivery people plopped the things on people's porches and in machines in the morning (well, after the sun came up). Most of the rest of the youngsters on the editorial staff around me would grouse and kvetch and whine around about being "stuck" there, and how much they wanted to work for something "real," like the L.A. Times or Newsweek or something, anything better. Smallish office area, which means the managing editor probably heard (or knew about it already), and they finally asked me how much I was getting paid as essentially the equivalent of an apprentice. About the time the ME was about to lumber out of his office to get us back to work, I stood up straight and tall, looked them right in the eye, and said: "I am paying good money for the privilege of working here." and sailed off back to my section of desk, chin high. The ME grinned like a jack-o'-lantern and went back to his office. ;->

Uwk
    who might've had a job there right afterwards, if they'd had an entry-level position open at the time... ;->
    Febrith, Merriel and Ocarinah like this.
  9. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

10. kianne Well-Known Member

Mehhhhh!!! dont do this to me!! now i feel like the odd one out! grrr! and letting the side downnnnn!! bahhh... why oh why do i do this to myself!! Ok you win IM in tooo bahhhh!! sending email now :p you can blame Woozam!! and Oaky for well me having a conscience gosh darn it! humbug!!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, but don't forget what else you have, my dear: 63 days! :D

Uwk
    Merriel, Ocarinah and Wizzam like this.
  12. kianne Well-Known Member

13. Wizzam Well-Known Member

MUHUHUWAHAHAHAHA :p
  14. Misstake Well-Known Member

Ok so I know it is pretty last minute but I signed up and even convinced mom to sign up so YAY!!! Cannot wait.
  15. Wizzam Well-Known Member

WOOHOOO!!!!!
  16. Chikkin Well-Known Member

skipping this year and going to concentrate on stuff I thought of long ago and never got around to doing.
    Enjoy the swap everybody, it's a lot of fun :)
  17. Sennetta Active Member

Ive sent my email in who do I make trusty so they can give the decorator access I cant seem to find the name iam on Antonia bale
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Grant ARCHERIA & BUILDING trustee access on ALL the home choices you want to offer to decorator. (If you cannot add archeria, giving only building access is fine since I think she doesn't have character on one server).
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for signing up! This is going to be so much fun!

Update: If you prefer to send a private message, send sign up information to Archeria and Ocarinah. We are extending the sign ups by one week. Extended sign up date is now November 7th.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Haha, I really didn't want to derail this thread anymore than I already have but I cannot help but reply to this and say, that was an AWESOME response, Uwk! I bet it got a lot of the complainers to shut up after that. :D

Ok, enough derailing. :)