(almost) Complete Guide to Heroic Opportunities

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Kantharis, Dec 21, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kantharis Guest

it is now available in .pdf form and .doc
  2. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

A few more links to look at, thanks for the linking.
  3. ARCHIVED-TehGamer Guest

4. ARCHIVED-SavinDwarf Guest

Kantharis,
    I can't even start imagine how much work you have put into documenting this ... but its much appreciated. The one area where I'm still in the dark is since the last set of changes you are meant to onlu use your best CAs to advance the chain.
    Have you done any work on the size of the effects of an HO and the effect of not using the top of the line CA to advance?
    The question of "how good are the effects of HOs" comes up often in our play. A good example of this is me and my Ranger. I'm stealth and about to use my Hidden Fire CA .. it will do up to 1800-1900 damage. But our group hass started a HO. If I advance it I will come out of stealth and will not be firing the 1800-1900 shot... is it worth it? The answer would be easy if we knew the effect of the various HOs..... any thoughts? We know they scale with level... but maybe we could put an approximate spreadsheet together or something.
  5. ARCHIVED-nugaruk Guest

Excellent post! I vote for a sticky.
  6. ARCHIVED-ScottAdams Guest

7. ARCHIVED-antwarle Guest

dude, your guide is the best. i dont care what anyone says. i wish more people actually USED HOs, instead of saying well it decreases my DPS, or but then i cant heal the tank, and there are some valid arguments for both points, but it is alot more rare on the occasions where you NEED to do either. HOs i find are very beneficial in the long run of a group, and i also find that a good group doing HOs seems to not only level faster but killing faster and with less downtime between mobs, but also seems much more fun and people dont bail out of the group as fast. i have had people in groups like that where they said "man i really should be getting to bed for work in the morning, but i cant bring myself to leave cause this group rocks so much".
  8. ARCHIVED-TheGamingFreek Guest

How dose this stack up? Any changes?
    Message Edited by TheGamingFreek on 01-08-2007 05:36 PM