All things Meatbeast

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ttobey, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Tasharia Member

Finally got mine in Crossroads. I think they must be on a timer and trigger of some sort. I've been in and out and up and down that town all day. Tonight I just ran in the gate and it spawned for me even though another BL was there by the pen. She was afk so she didn't take it. :( I'm glad I got it but felt bad for her.

I'd been in and out all those gates all day today. So I don't know what is doing it but I'm glad I now have my Fribble (looks like a strawberry milkshake)
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

We were chatting about this in homeshow. I had suggested that things we were hearing was that staying in one place wouldnt trigger the spawn. Two people almost instantly got spawns after the suggestion to move in and out of spawn area. Coincidene? DUnno until told otherwise, but there were two happy BLs in that minute :) So, we're guessing time and proximity triggering
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I used a healer merc on passive (though I swear she was auto attacking). I had no weapons or armor or jewelery and used level 30 combat arts. I needed the healing to make me survive as I plinked her to 50% health ;)
  4. Enric_of_Neriak Member

I finally got mine. It was on top of TOFS. It has been a while since getting something in game has been that exciting; getting a full set of Kithicor's Nighthunter gear (which my ranger still wears) and my ranger myth. Still, for a holiday event that is only three days I think they could be a little more common.

I won't ever forget how exciting it was to get it, but I don't think making it less time consuming and random in such a compressed window would be a bad thing. It certainly wouldn't take anything away from my time investment and honestly, luck factor.

[IMG]

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, but in the context of the game it was worth it. :D
  5. Cecie New Member

My BL got his today. Came into Windstalker Village and ran around the rock near where the cows hang out - nothing. Then once I ran down to the center of the town, she popped up, right where I had been looking. You definitely need to run over the correct trigger spot to get them to appear.
  6. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Grats everyone who's gotten their berry beasties! They are adorable, but I must keep my reindeer (so I'm not competing).
  7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Anyone found the KP spawn point? I've been looking just for the fun of it.
  8. Tyndaleon Member

Or the Tenebrous Tangle one....have yet to see anyone mention specifics there.
  9. Occam Well-Known Member

I've seen her twice now.
    The first time in Antonica I didn't realize I had an Augmented Smite item on and she died before I could tame her.
    The second time in CL the guard attacked her as soon as I engaged and he killed her. :/
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Until when can the warder be found (aka day and hour)?
  11. Luscha New Member

I've just tamed mine not 5 minutes ago.
    Was running in, out and around Windstalker Village (in Antonica) on my level 11 beastlord and as I was about to run out of the village again, a berry-fed bovoch popped up on tracking! It spawned infront of the big rock, where the cows are.
  12. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Actually, a healer merc was how i tamed mine. =P
    Merc starts attacking, get critter to 50% or less, put merc on passive, and tame at your leisure. ^_^ No worries about 1 shotting the poor lil thing and no running around naked. XD
    (TOFS at the very top/center is where mine was, and you might want to take a step back to tame it, since it has an AOE that interrupts casting.) That's how i tamed my Nek castle/black and white meatbeast too. >.> Don't start a new pet relationship by beating them! Let the Merc play the bad guy! ;)
  13. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Sadly, this is starting to bring out the worst in some players. I was on a low level today, and triggered it. Started to fight it, and suddenly bam! it was dead. A level 95 BL had run up and deliberately killed it with an AoE. (I was on a level 23 beastlord). Turns out this player has been doing it to low levels since yesterday. Either he hates pink meatbeasts, or gets mad when someone else triggers and starts to get and tame it. (He was no where in sight when I started running around to trigger it BTW.)
  14. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

What a jerk! I'm glad I didn't run into that problem.
  15. Xubul New Member

from what I have found out the spawntime is on half an hour. Saw it pop for someone in antonica. Half an hour later heard it popped in commonlands and another half hour later it popped for a guildy in sinking sands. My guess is it will pop after half an hour at the first location where someone gets close to the spawnpoint. Times it popped were 23:38, 00:08 and 00:38 GMT+1 time on Splitpaw.

Good luck all.
  16. Moomba New Member

i suggest having locked encounters checked when goin after it. dont want jerks to kill it out of childish spite. great idea sony to give us meatbeast. poor implementation of it though. weekend wasted. =/
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I did. He killed it with an AoE. We need to have AoE immunity on these.
  18. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

EQ2 needs a bounty system. :\ Can't believe someone is pathetic enough to grief like that. (guessing you aren't allowed to tell us who/what server on forums. Post it on EQ2flames though. ^_^
    Question though. If you lock encounter, do AOEs still hit your target from outside of group?
  19. Amybelle Member

If you were the level 23 Beastlord on Oasis, I was there when the 95 BL came in and accidentally AE'd it. He ran by, saw the MB pop up on track, and since he didn't see you (your toon is small), wrongly assumed that he had triggered it and would be facing an angry level 95. He felt terrible, apologized, and told you about another possible spawn location that he knew, so you would have another opportunity. He'd been looking for a meatbeast for several hours, he certainly wasn't killing spawns for lowbie toons.

If that's not you and your story, my apologies. I hope you get your warder. :)
  20. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Well, I was sent a number of tells by other BLs he had done this to. They knew his name too. And I would think a Kerra is not that small of a toon, and I had the dwarf healer merc with me as well. Been trying all day since then, no luck. I fear that may have been the only chance that BL had.