All things Meatbeast

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ttobey, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Yeah, good reminder--if you're high level, make sure to turn off procs, disarm yourself, and autoattack only so you don't kill it before you tame it!
  2. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I have to say this. I appreciate that you are giving us a bovid meatbeast warder. But doing it this way, and only for a few days is wrong!

First, make it last the whole festival. 3 days is just not enough with so many beastlords wanting one.
    Second, this rare spawn thing is absurd. Especially with such long times between spawns. This is not EQ1, and we should not have to spend a good chunk of our festival time camping out spots for this warder! Make the spawns a lot more frequent please!!!
  3. Tyndaleon Member

There's also issues with the implementation on the way they spawn too....instead of being a static level appropriate to the zone they're found in, they apparently key off the level of someone nearby, and with several people hanging around the spawn spot, the person who's waited the longest may have issues. My friend came out who is level 22 and my BL is 15, a 22 version spawned and she'd run off for a bit in the distance, if she hadn't have come back over after I rezzed and helped me then likely someone else would have come by and grabbed it after all that waiting.
  4. Tasharia Member

That is a real problem as we're all waiting around for one to spawn. So far people are being polite but still a problem with levels being too high for some.
  5. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yikes, this opens up a lot of potential for those who like to grief. So a level 12 is waiting in Windstalker Village, has been waiting for over an hour. A level 90 knows this, and how long the level 12 has been waiting, as he/she has been checking every now and then. After an hour, the level 90 might then stay there, and stand real close to where he/she know the meatbeast will spawn, it spawns at level 90, and of course the level 90 is the one who will get it. As the level 12 can do nothing against a level 90 meatbeast. :(

I would have liked to see these cuteys commonly wandering the fields and such, unattackable until a beastlord approaches it. It would make for wonderful color during the festival, and provide plenty of opportunities for every beastlord to get the warder.
  6. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Ok, so far the confirmed spots I've heard of are the top of TOFS, the cow area in windstalker village, the pig pen in the crossroads of Commonlands, and the top of the ramp from the docks in BBM. The rumors I've heard say TT island has one too... but i have yet to see it or have it confirmed. Anyone able to confirm?
  7. Tyndaleon Member

There doesn't seem to be any set rhyme or reason to respawn timers either....I've been sitting with my friend waiting for a repop ever since I got mine and its been over 2 hours now with no sign of another. :/
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I am guessing one has to be tamed/defeated before another one spawns.
  9. Tyndaleon Member

Right, and that's what happened, been probably around 3 hours now, still not another one.
  10. Deathlilly New Member

I think What they mean is that only one can be up anywhere.... I know i have been sitting on 3 of the known 4 spawn sites for over 3 hours without a pop.
  11. Tyndaleon Member

I'd be seriously shocked if it were engineered that way, but I suppose its possible. Given the way the spawns are geared to key off someone nearby and spawn at their same level though I'd be more inclined to think there's just something buggy involved first (without one of the devs chiming in to clear things up otherwise anyway).
  12. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

OK, I have given up on this. I have characters on 4 servers, and on each of those servers there are beastlords just standing and waiting at the 3 main known spots (other than the TT one, wherever that is). The meatbeast is not spawning in any reasonable way. Either something is broke, or it is being implemented badly. If there can only be one up at a time on each server, and they are spawning in goofy places like the top of the tower in TOFS, then who knows where a meatbeast might be sitting for half a day or more before it spawns in a place it can be found.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly this is a weekend, and there will only be one day left when the devs get back and might do something to fix things. And by then it will almost be too late.
  13. AccidentProne37 Active Member

The stand and wait folks could be the problem. When I approached the spawn point at Windstalker Village, even though I used my tracking skill to find it, the bovid didn't actually pop up until I was at the spawn. I watched it spawn and it spawned in at my level. maybe having so many on the spawn point means it doesn't know what level to spawn...It spawned at my level which was 13 at the time.
  14. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

But when there is only one person waiting, and they are where it spawns, it should spawn. No confusion. I think the spawn points are only possible ones, rather than ones each with their own wait time.
  15. Poisinivy Member

ok I give up for today 16 hours looking and not one meatbeast spotted I got a feeling I wont be getting one
  16. AccidentProne37 Active Member

Hmm. Y'er probably right. That sucks. I was hoping that because of the way it spawned for me maybe that was the case. Guess not :(
  17. Vashte Active Member

My BL, 55, just got hers in CL (on BB) at the crossroad pens just a few minutes ago. ^^ heroic. From what I could tell, that respawn was just under 4 hours. The BL who was there who passed on the camp spot to me (ty Colossus!), had put in a little over 2 and a half hours of camping him since he accidentally slew the previous one.
  18. Vashte Active Member

It was coincidental perhaps, but the person I was grouped with had no sooner left the zone to scout other areas, and BAM! it spawned! Bristlebane playing tricks more likely, waiting til my healer was gone and making me pull out a merc.. lol
  19. Kattt Well-Known Member

Ok, I got em from the top of TOFS a couple hours ago. He spawned right in the center of it, heroic, and yellow/couple levels above me. I took off all gear and it was a tough fight. He killed me three times, but luckily my merc rezzed me and I got through it, and finally got him. Next time, I would definitely do like 2 pieces of gear (no weapon though)...was a close call.

Also, I was leaving the Sinking Sands racing area, and he spawned near there! I already had mine, but thought you all should know. This is a definite sighting, saw with my own eyes. He was right against the rock wall, right near the globe in Sinking Sands.

This next part I cannot confirm for sure, but I suspect meatbeast has a spawn cycle. I suspect he spawns in one place once or twice, then onto next, then onto next, and so on.....then picks up cycle again once the previous is complete and repeats the spawn spots once again. I am not sure of this, but its what I am thinking after all I have heard today.

I hope this all helps, and good luck to the rest of you!
  20. Ratogo New Member

I finally got one. Found mine in a pig pen in crossroads. I have been checking all day and first poped for me at 12:09AM CST, I unfortunately killed it during taming. I continued to camp and it spawned again at 1:19AM CST
    Also both times it spawed at level 28, same level as me.