All dressed like Grandma's?

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Banshee505, Sep 25, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-DuskNightfall Guest

VladisSar wrote:
    You forgot to show the Half Elf female in leather. /cough half her bottom cheeks hanging out
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-sassafras Guest

DuskNightfall wrote:
    and that's why I LOVED my warrior in EQ1, bring em back, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    There are so many times that I wish I could wear the male version on my female toons. <sighs>
  4. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

Sapphirius wrote:
    If you could, 80% of the material would be removed.
  5. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

AratornCalahn wrote:
    Well, putting this on in the dressing room, it takes on the appearance of the blue female formal wear.... Kind of like what happens when you put on the tailored clothing for the opposite gender. I mean, what if my girls want to run around in pants instead of waist high slits in their skirts?
  6. ARCHIVED-Littles Guest

LordFyre wrote:
    Like some crafting clothing with crafting stats for example such as Vanguard has. We only have one shirt that gives +1 and a small amount of crafting bonus items.

Rather then say I want SEXY clothes, I just want clothing that looks good and ways i can make my character look unique. I miss having a character that looks totally differnt then others but I have yet to see anything like that in class based games like these.

I think Banshee is the one who missed the entire point and assumed I wanted more clothing that looks the same. One big problem since the beginning is that half the people complaining didn't even realize that their was a lot more clothing and entire full outfits in the game! I can't count how many people posted on the VN boards bout it then I chimed in with all these quests and drop areas where you could get entire suits put together! In fact, such a little amount of people seem to know about them that I have suits in the bank that one of I have never seen anyone with and the other only a couple people and you can get them right in the enchated lands. One is a kool green plate suit.

Sure I would love to be able to dye and mix N' match clothing different colors like Ultima Online but like they said before they can't do it the way the game is setup. It would also be way better if instead of tailors getting all these same dress recipes in different colors same exact dress, just have an option to craft the different colors. Since we can't dye colors and all that would make much more sens. Kind of rediculas having tailors wait to level just for a different color.

Anyway like I said the game has plenty more that devs can work on. I know they have teams that work on different content. I'm a hardcore MMOG Veteran who's been here from the beginning. I know how it all works. Just because they have seperate groups working on different things doesn't mean they have unlimited time. ANyway, here's some examples. I know they are going to add flying mounts and crafter's clothing at somepoint. That's a prediction from me and you can quote me on it.

• Flying Mounts which is the latest big thing. We got plenty the devs can work on who we kidding here. Devs answered a player's interview question on flying mounts and they replied with a statement along the lines of, "if we do add them it will have to be in new instances that are made to accept them." WoW is a good example of that and how only new land i.e. expansion can have flying mounts. We now have had a bunch of instances go by that won't be prepared for them to work in. Please add them by next expansion!
    • Crafters Clothing that matches the Tradeskill Proffession and adds stats. Tailor made.
    • Crafters Appearance Tab - I thought of this before Vanguard did it and I would love to see it in EQ2 but instead they added the simple appearance tab :/ It should be like Vanguard with an Aventurer, Crafter, Town Clothing Tab. It would make more sence instead of having people out there raiding dragons in a night gown.
    • Boats - We were supposed to have boats at release but in beta they kept sinkig! Come on haven't they fixed them by now? I miss owning a boat in Ultima Online and fishing from it. Then Vanguard comes out and not only can you own them but craft them as well! We carpenters have been begging for new recipes and we have almost no charge item recipes. Since their is no furniture sinks we are screwed. So gives us some boats! I wouldn't mind it if they added treasure maps and trasure hunting also like in UO. Fishing up treasure chests
  7. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

Littles wrote:
    They have boats coming out, its a new game called Pirates of the Burning Sea. lol

I really don't see how you can get a player owned boat in EQ2... I mean... where would you sail it? A new mega water zone? I do like the idea of building, owning, fighting on and with boats. Have done since Ultima 7 introduced me to the idea heh. But for EQ2 its a bit unrealistic.

But still so many good ideas, so few dev hours spent doing useful stuff (rather than say trying to figure out how a crappy badly designed tool can allow them to do something interesting).

The single biggest achivement EQ2 could gain as of now, is a massive addition of the amount of clothing and armour choices there are. This seems to be an actual possibility in the future. I hope they dont fluff it.
  8. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

Sapphirius wrote:
    Then all the teenagers would be upset. Style is key, unfortunatly until SOE finaly gets thier stupid system for armour/clothing sorted it will stay in a place the rest of the game has far suppased.

Its not as if im demanding what I would of a 'next gen' MMO with jewleary actualy represented on your body, several layers of clothing such as chain mail with tunics over it or proper cloaks (what we have are capes, cloaks wrap around the whole body and usualy have a hood), properly simulated cloth which includes chainmail and metal plates (plate dons't bend so when it does in game, it looks silly and chainmail bends and folds like cloth but is far heavier), scars from battle, weapon sheaths, working helmet visors.

If a new MMO comes out in the same genre as this in the next two years and DOSN'T have any of that, they have already failed. (Note: At no point did I demand uber new state of the art graphics, this is all function and style not shaders and polys (although a certain level is needed to make your efforts actualy worthwhile).
  9. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

Shalla@Valor wrote:
    What game are these from?
  10. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

Vinh@Unrest wrote:
    Of all the female avatars from EQ1, The Half-Elf Leather armor is not one that would have occured to me as something that a player would want.
    Actually, it wouldn't be bad without that silly apron.
  11. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

LordFyre wrote:
    Guildwars
  12. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    You are aboslutely right!
    The two formal dresses would gain enormously from the addition of elegant sandals as part of the ensemble!
    Likewise, adding some kind of shoe or slipper to the other dresses as a separate item would make them more complete as well.
  13. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

AratornCalahn wrote:
    You make that sound like a bad thing.
    (B.T.W., Yes, I am part of the group at the other extreme. I would actually want "chainmail bikinis"!)
  14. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

Shalla@Valor wrote:
    Cool. These looked like NCSoft models, I just couldn't place them.
  15. ARCHIVED-DanaDark Guest

Hmm... slutty geared half elves dancing in the slums of Freeport...
  16. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

Romero@Mistmoore wrote:
    Hmmm . . . slutty geared ogresses dancing in the slums of Freeport . . .
  17. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

LordFyre wrote:
    There is nothing wrong with chainmail bikinis, other than somepeople don't want to wear them (apperance slot takes care of any of that). People who dont want to SEE them are annoying, I hate soga but im not preaching that it should be removed (and imagine that you can't turn it off).

The real problem wih chainmail bikinis is that its too simple, 2 peices of mail or even cloth and thats it. The aim with looking good is not always to show off as much as possible but to look unique or stylish, themed and contrasted.

(This is where the advanced layered clothing system comes in, you build up your outfit from a load of options that exist seperatly, not 1 peice for each area of the body. This even makes sense in a design point of view, at least after you have made the technology to handel it, its simply a case of making small peices. Together you get far more effect for the work you did than making full sets that have to be worn together or they look silly.)

After all the number 1 most important thing in an MMO, is your character (at least in a progress driven one like most MMORPGs).
    Its a bit like confidence in real life, if you don't like the way you look then you end up effecting other things and other people around you. In game terms this means your less likely to connect with your char and less likely to log in. Cementing a relationship with a game (I know that sounds weird) reduces player turnover, IMO, so anything that allows people to customise thier char is usualy a BIG thing (outfits far outwiegh slight modifications to your face though). This is why EQ2 failed to live up to its 'promises' with its silly outfit systems and why the hype was so high before release.
  18. ARCHIVED-DanaDark Guest

"After all the number 1 most important thing in an MMO, is your character (at least in a progress driven one like most MMORPGs).
    Its a bit like confidence in real life, if you don't like the way you look then you end up effecting other things and other people around you. In game terms this means your less likely to connect with your char and less likely to log in. Cementing a relationship with a game (I know that sounds weird) reduces player turnover, IMO, so anything that allows people to customise thier char is usualy a BIG thing (outfits far outwiegh slight modifications to your face though). This is why EQ2 failed to live up to its 'promises' with its silly outfit systems and why the hype was so high before release."
    This statement reads to my heart lol. I find myself into the game sometimes and then become disenchanted because I cannot really adore my character.
    Either Im not happy with the soga model, the original model, or the clothing... totally sucks. Heck, even the sex of my character sometimes makes me dislike them lmao.
    If I could just have one character that would look smashing in a nice outfit... I'd be so happy.
  19. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

Romero@Mistmoore wrote:
    Is there supposed to be a funny involved in this posting? If so, I missed it.
  20. ARCHIVED-DanaDark Guest

Not at all... just agreeing with that guy on how I personally find my character is what either keeps me in the game or makes me not interested. The LOOK of my toon is all important!