All "/" commands (revised)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Vendolis, Apr 30, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Vendolis Guest

Added the link. and the /wc command.
  2. ARCHIVED-Fayn Guest

Real life has kept me busy the last few months. I'm trying to get back into the swing of the game and all the new changes. In doing so I've created new characters and have needed the syntax for a few commands. I had a hard time digging them up and wanted to share them with you so they could be kept in a central place.
    /knowledgewindow_sort [book] [sort_by] [order] [pattern]
    /knowledgewindow_swap [book] [page] [page]
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks [book] [page] [start] [pattern] [count]

These are the options for the book parameter:
    0 - spells
    1 - combat
    2 - abilities
    3 - tradeskill

These are the options for the sort_by parameter:
    0 - alpha
    1 - level
    2 - category

These are the options for the order parameter:
    0 - ascending
    1 - descending

These are the options for the page parameter:
    # - Any page number greater than 0

These are the options for the start parameter:
    # - Any page slot between 1 and 16 in the given pattern

These are the options for the pattern parameter:
    0 - zigzag
    1 - down
    2 - across

Example pattern for zigzag: 1 2 9 10
    3 4 11 12
    5 6 13 14
    7 8 15 16
    At tier 1 tradeskills try the following. At teir 2 you can do the same but make the "4 1 13" at the end of each line a "7 1 10" instead.
    /knowledgewindow_sort 3 2 0 1
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 1 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 2 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 3 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 4 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 5 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 6 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 7 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 8 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 9 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 10 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 11 4 1 13
    /knowledgewindow_insertblanks 3 12 4 1 13
    I know a lot of people who use the buffs right out of the book and have a particular order in which new buffs get placed into their books. If you don't want your current knowledge book's tradeskill pages to get jumbled-up with new tradeskill buffs, try this command to bring an empty page from the back of the book to the front of the book. (Assuming page 14 in your book was empty just before your character entered a new tradeskill teir).
    If you can do this "just before" entering the new tier, all of your new tradeskill buffs will be "caught" by this empty page in the front of your book. Once you've absorbed the new buffs into your existing pages (making your first page empty again) you can use this command again to put your pages back in the order you started with. Hope this is helpful.
    /knowledgewindow_swap 3 1 14
    Message Edited by Fayn on 02-04-200602:45 PM
    Message Edited by Fayn on 02-04-200602:53 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-xyleisha Guest

Very nice list!

I'm an Exile now and loving it... but I've been wishing more and more for an Emote for "I come in peace" or "throws in the towel" lol
    If anyone knows of anything like those that I'm missing, please share it :)

~Leieesha
    Venekor
  4. ARCHIVED-Dracorat Guest

Camping out to a different character is much easier than they say in here.

Two of my characters, for example, are Clarissa and Squishie.

If I am on Clarissa and want to go to Squishie, I can:
    /camp Squishie

or if on Squishie, I can camp to Clarissa:
    /camp Clarissa
  5. ARCHIVED-Unnas Guest

found a new one by accident...
    /weapon
    returns the weapons you have equiped, the damage spread on it and your damage spread
  6. ARCHIVED-Vyorai Guest

In response to the above posted command " /weapon " - the command is actually " /weaponstats " but like all commands, it can be shortened to only the identifiable letters... i.e. " /weapon " or even " /wea "
    :)

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows a command for equipping an item from inventory ?? Thanks.
  7. ARCHIVED-CorgarFV Guest

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been able to figure out the parameters/indexing for:
    /cancel_maintained and /cancel_effect
    I am trying to set up a macro to cancel a few fury effects that keep me frozen if someone gets in trouble and I need to get a heal off. I am not so good with the mouse and pref keystrokes. I have tried a number of things and don't seem to get consistent results. I have also had a maintained spell cancelled using '0' so I'm guessing it might be zero indexed? Anyone know if there is a way to contact developers to get info on these? I mean a full least of index functionality and parameters would be great. The info people have put together so far though is amazing - great work!
    **edit**
    Ok I think I figured out the /cancel_maintained command and it is basically useless at least for my purposes. It seems the Maintained Spells are a zero based array. So the first spell you cast can be cancelled by typing /cancel_maintained 0. If you cast two spells the second spell could be cancelled via /cancel_maintained 1. Sounds pretty straightforward.
    It's not. The problem lies in that the 'counter' doesn't reset. So say you cast 3 spells. To cancel the second spell in the window you would type /cancel_maintained 1. You now have two spells in the window. However if you type /cancel_maintained 1 nothing happens. This is because the second maintained spell or second visual graphic is really tied to a "maintained" number of 2. The counter doesn't reset when you cancel a spell.
    Example:
    Cast Spell 1, Cast Spell 2, Cast Spell 3
    Spell 1 - Index 0 : this spell can be canelled with /cancel_maintained 0
    Spell 2 - Index 1 : this spell can be cancelled with /cancel_maintained 1
    Spell 3 - Index 2 : this spell can be cancelled with /cancel_maintained 2
    Now let's say we use the commande /cancel_maintained 1. That leaves us with Spell 1 and Spell 3 even though the visual graphic makes spell 3 look like it's spell 2.
    Spell 1 - Index 0
    Spell 3 - Index 2 *note the maintained spell with index 1 has already been cancelled but the 'maintained' counter doesn't adjust.
    To confuse matters more. If you know cast another spell it gets Index 3 but looks to be only the 3rd Icon. There is no way to 'macro' cancelling a specific spell because it can be in associated to any number of index depending on how many spells you have cast. The 'maintained' spell counter is only reset when you remove all of your spells, causing it to be emptied. When you refill it, the indexing will again start at zero.
    If anyone wants to discuss this command or has questions feel free to PM me or send me a tell in-game. I am on Antonia_Bayle.
    Message Edited by CorgarFV on 09-08-2006 01:40 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-CycoDelic Guest

This wont work, they killed the Innoruuk server!

Formerly:
    Cyco Delic
    65 Paladin
    Legions of Darkness- Innoruuk server
    Message Edited by CycoDelic on 09-12-2006 01:09 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Vendolis Guest

Bah too bad :-( was my starting Server back in 1999.
  10. ARCHIVED-subquake Guest

does anyone know how to get the mouse event right-click window to show up? I imagine using /show_window would get there somehow. What I really want is to use the keyboard to do one of the actions offered in the list shown when you right-click on an object/player/npc. It would be very useful for the trick-or-treat event. As it is, I need to right-click the npcs and select the option 'trick-or-treat'. Is there a list of window parameters?
  11. ARCHIVED-Magiksmithe Guest

Still looking around for information, but figured maybe a post here would help shorten the journey.

As of LU28 (maybe before I do not know) "/TARGET_GROUP_MEMBER NAME" does not seem to work.

I set this up during many groups so that I have a one click to target my tank or who ever else and cast at them. For some reason this seems to defualt to the F2 positioned person no matter what the name is, even if the names are 100% different (ie bob and joe).

Any static commands that work so I can set up say one key to target the groups healer and one to set up for the group tank? thanks for any advice... /target Name works but there is a bunch of lag time betwn hitting it and aquiring the target as well as it not working alot of the time.

Magik.
  12. ARCHIVED-Graywindnz Guest

I've noticed that the camp macros are different now
    If you type "/camp <character name>" it allows you to switch characters quickly
    As to target the healer or tank there is a way set it up to target a position and just change it when you change group
    /TARGET_GROUP_MEMBER <index> - Target group member than matches the name pattern or by index: 0,1,2,3,4.
    Im also looking for a macro that will put a shield in my off hand and a weapon in the other, then with a press of the macro swich to both dual weld weapons
    Message Edited by Graywindnz on 11-23-2006 09:35 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Wulfborne Guest

Is there a way to adjust how far back your camera can zoom out? Using the slidebar doesn't seem to make it zoom out any farther than the default for me.
    ~Hawke
  14. ARCHIVED-hkitchen Guest

aye, the zoom out rate is to short, It would be awesome if we could make it higher than in options.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zmobie Guest

Is there a / command to equip a given piece of equippment?

I see one to use an effect on an already equipped item, and to attune an item... but nothing about equipping it.

It's getting old having to scan through the 2 boxes of resist equipment for specific things. Would be nice to set up some macros so that I could just click on the "Cold Resist" macro, and it would run though an equip the pieces I have with high cold resist, and so on.

--Plague
  16. ARCHIVED-Walker420 Guest

I have been looking everywhere for a mentor command. /Mentor <Charname> doesn't work. Anyone know?
    Message Edited by Walker420 on 01-18-2007 12:35 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Relytor Guest

Actually, even easier type "/camp character_name" to camp directly to another character. I use it constantly.
  18. ARCHIVED-Vendolis Guest

Yes you are right. The List was compiled a long time ago. I did not found the time to go over the post again to build in all the changes, but I might do somewhat soon.
  19. ARCHIVED-ScottAdams Guest

PLEASE do it before the board change over so we can all capture it! Hopefully they will make it a sticky on the new boards but you never know!
  20. ARCHIVED-Vendolis Guest

I just saved the layout and will repost it in the new forum. since I am over my heads full of work at the moment.

I will take the repost to go through all the newer patch messages to get the changes into it too.

Cheers

Skyver