Ahrmatal the Scorcer

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Garouin, Jan 22, 2014.

1. The Jones Active Member

Have you found anything to charm with necro? I didn't seem to be able to charm any of the undead things in labs.
  2. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

I have not seen a single necro charmable mob in this expansion. If you find one somewhere message me please!
  3. The Jones Active Member

Not to get too far off topic, but I was messing around in HoB with my warden charming things and trying to take down captain stilnas. It looked like i'd easily be able to do it, but then my charmed creature would insta-die. Same thing happens if I have a merc try to tank it. In ACT there is something called "Killing" that did zero damage, but it's there and i'm thinking that's something SOE put in to prevent you from tanking named with a merc or charmed creature. Can anyone confirm this?
  4. Ranga Active Member

I have said several times, once you charm them, examine them on your pet tab. They have 1/1 hp and insta die. It appears if they are a pair of the same type, they both get nerfed and as soon as the charm takes on 1, the other dies instantly. If you take them on, they don't have 1/1 hp and give you the usual fight!

This is not how it used to be. This has happened since last week. It would be nice if SOE would confirm it is intended or a fixable bug.
  5. The Jones Active Member

Oh sorry Ranga I guess I missed all that. So it's certainly not just me : )
  6. The Jones Active Member

Where are you even seeing the pet's total hitpoints? I only see a percentage of total health on my warden's charmed mob. When I type /pet options it tells me I don't have a pet.
  7. Ranga Active Member

After you charm the mob, pull up your character window and click on the pet tab. It's all there. It used to say 50m/50m and if the pet was damaged as you charmed it, the healers spent 3 weeks healing it up to full lol.

Now, they may as well take the trash out of the zone and save a few pixels :(

Still waiting for a dev comment on this too :) (It is of course possible that ProfitUI is whacked out, I will check this also next time I run the zone)
  8. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Killing is just what ACT says when something dies. It's nothing new.

Also I had no pets with 1 hp yesterday, did labs and dominion.
  9. The Jones Active Member

Actually I checked there. In the default UI I don't have a pet tab as a warden. But yeah, my pet has a gazillion hitpoints when fighting trash and I have to keep all my HoT's running to notice any healing taking place. This does not seem to be the case when the pet has aggro on a named.
  10. The Jones Active Member

I only seem to notice the pet insta-dying when fighting a named. Below is a trash fight followed by a named fight (showing incoming damage on my aerguard in HoB). For whatever reason, the pet went from like 90% health to zero without seemingly taking any damage on the named fight. Obviously the two parses below don't add up. Only thing I can think of is that battle fatigue did something to kill off the pet. I noticed the same thing from the named in the other wing though so i'm not sure.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. Typos Member

I think it's a good mob.. I'd just reduce his strikethrough chance a tad personally
  12. Plinc Active Member

that is already doable by anyone. the item required is about 400pp on Valor and it stacks. replacing the fanatics stud is a good idea anyhow.
  13. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

On Captain Stinas if two people are too close to each other when the incurable hits, you wipe. Looks like that might be what happened in that specific instance, especially since both times you died you did so about 15 secs in.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

wrong zone
  15. The Jones Active Member

Nah he was responding to the side tracked discussion about HoB. If I continue to have issues I'll open up a new thread for that.