Ahrmatal the Scorcer

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Garouin, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Ranga Active Member

Never needed to - it's always been root, charm, cancel root, gtg. And I am talking it's been that way for weeks and weeks.

Yesterday was definitely different and nothing can account for the other mobs having 1/1HP after being charmed. Usually they have c50m
  2. Luhai Active Member

We noticed the same when our coercers tried to charm both felguards.
    One felguard died immediately, the other one had like 1% HP left.
  3. Gaealiege Active Member

They've always punished anyone that found a mob that's worth charming. I'm baffled why they haven't simply removed it from the player spell list. Anytime someone finds a mob worth charming, it's nerfed.
  4. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Haha, Frogs :) .. if you know about the frogs, you know how OP they were lol.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

As always SOE screwed up.

Charmed birdies were overpowered (50 m hp, 1-2 m dps) ... allowing to do the domintion
    with the pet as MT and a paladin healing it with his group heal (or direct heals if needed).

It would have been nice to make them usefull but not overpowered (like 400K hp, 500k dps)
    instead they apparently made them totally useless (like most mob you can charm).
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

I am confused, 1-2 mil dps is overpowered? man I must be...godly than
    frogs in Guk, were the best
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

For a pet ...

You may have good gear, but the qualification of "godly" for someone who simply push
    buttons in the right order is amusing.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

bow down to your god, I kill those 1-2 mil dps below me with ease
  9. Ranga Active Member

Rubbish!

Our tank died once and the pet managed to tank for 5 secs. I am no slouch as a coercer and best I ever got out of a Felguard was 750k DPS.

As always, the whiners get their way and what's left of the fun is nerfed!

If this is a bug and gets fixed back to how it was I apologise. If it's a stealth nerf (there was no mention in the patch notes), then you might as well take away our charm and give us something useful like a 5k ward or something.
    Kraeref likes this.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

This is post nerf, my paladin got group heals on the pre nerf birdies showing that they had
    at least 50 million hps.

I'm 100% sure that you could duo Lab/Hall with a paladin with 500cc and a coercer in quested gear (and with high enough subjugation).
  11. Ranga Active Member

If you didn't actually do what you suggest can be done, with respect, again I call rubbish! Yes, you can have a little fun with a plaguebringer on the snake add fight and get 8m+ dps but you have to put up with the mob healing repeatedly and as I say, it's only a bit of fun. You can't even use the pet on the Experiment because you cannot control his AOEs so you have to play the fight with him backed off.

No, it was not post nerf it was weeks ago. There was no mention of a nerf in the patch notes so may I ask how you know it was nerfed? If it actually was an you're not just guessing.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know they have (had) 50m hp, just check in your pet stats tab. Now they have 1/1 lol wtg :(
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I wish Kalika would just quit calling for constant nerfs. Now what? I cannot charm anything useful neither in halls nor in labs? Sad.
  13. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

Someone changed their wrists/boots/something and forgot to re-adorn casting skills maybe? Who knows. Nothing has changed from what any of my friends noticed.
  14. Ranga Active Member

That is of course a possibility but that would not account for the charmed mob having 1/1 HP.
  15. The Jones Active Member

I'm not aware of any all purpose charm nerf. Ran labs with a chanter a couple days ago and his vileguard (or whatever they are called) was doing 1mil+
  16. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Gear makes a big difference for charm pets. Might not be able to do it in quest gear. My fury's charm pet almost one shot the grendish ring event in halls, it was pretty swell hitting for 16 million on all those targets. You also wouldn't be able to kill the last named in halls with paladin/coercer. Maybe labs, though. But you don't even need a charm pet for that. I know ranger/necro can duo those zones up to the last named in halls/the experiment in labs. Hell, there were scouts (mostly rangers) that were soloing 1-2 of the named in labs to slr gear every 90 minutes. Halls too until they fixed being able to skip the first two named.

Also why can't you use your pet on the experiment? I've never had issues. Only time I back off my pet in that zone is on pull for the first named so it doesn't pull blobs with it.
    Kalika likes this.
  17. Plinc Active Member

still waiting for the first group that lets me load up FB on those blobs..
  18. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeah there is no difference between heroic and AS experiment, so calling back pet/mercenary should work fine.

You mentionned your fury pet, did they removed the animal only restriction on druid charm ?

Last time I played with my AAs to make dps profile (apparently the 25% CB buf does not drop anymore if you cast a heal???)
    the uselss charm on the road to turtle shell was not mentionning "if animal".

The removal on "drop on any heal" on the final dragon dps column and the removal of the animal restriction (for druid charm)
    are two things that i never heard about.
  19. Plinc Active Member

Aerakyn are considered draconic and thus animals.
  20. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Uh. No. They just let druids charm anything now. It just has a higher resist rate and only lasts ~9 or 10 minutes instead of coercer's 40 whatever minute. (And takes 3 conc slots)