Ahrmatal the Scorcer

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Garouin, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Guardian's have shakey temp cycles. If a Firefield pops on them it rapidly strips stoneskins since each Stoneskin Immunity lasts for 1.1 Seconds with max Ancient Fury. It's best to have the Guardian go through about half his rotation, then get a Deathsave rotation from the Warden before going back to his own rotation, this allows more time for things to come up.

Also if your Guardian is not using Unstoppable Wall in his Prestige line for this fight, he's making a mistake. Champion's Interception may be pretty much worthless but UW is amazing.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

I assumed the group knew what they were doing, all but the sin and me were premade from the same guild who I believe do it regularly. It was my first time though so I was just doing what I normally do and following instructions. I'm sure we would have got it if we'd had more time, but no one suggested I change spec. Nice to know I can contribute a bit more to that fight and maybe make the difference
  3. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

Hmmm, something is not right then, you should double check what you are charming, maybe try other mobs.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Yeah those charmed mobs were doing 600-800k for us.
  5. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Ok, this has been irritating me ever since the idea of charming mobs in ToV first came up. Keep in mind, I didn't roll a coercer until well after Possess Essence was introduced - I never learned to charm. And I clearly don't know how - so I'm going to ask the dumb question.

I sneak up to mobs I know you folks are charming. I inch into charm range. I target the mob and press charm. The mob charges. At this point, one of two things happens.

A) The mob gets to me first, and I die.
    B) I charm the mob first, and get a message that says it is charmed. The next message in the log, is that it is no longer charmed. And I die.

I know I'm doing something horribly wrong, but what?
  6. Darkon Well-Known Member

You're doing a few things wrong. First, this is how you should charm mobs ->

Get within range. Mezz. Then click charm, allow it to cast, DO NOT SPAM CLICK IT.

Once the mob is charmed, cancel mezz.

If you click the charm button again, it'll break your charm. You're probably spam clicking it and are auto-cancelling your own charm.
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

Also make sure your charm is Master for best results. An apprentice charm spell will never work well.
  8. Kham Active Member

jesus the level of bad here has reached unprecidented levels. with a solo healer our group has the healer doing more dps than the top dpser in the parses listed, the mob dies in 90 seconds, or less. if im running on the zerker what else is with me is irrelevant. i can maintain 250k hps sustained for over 6 mins by just cycling adrenaline battle frenzy correctly with my other temps in between and using draconic shout if i get in a jam. we have literally killed it with furydirge troub illy zerker, no 6th. sadly my merc cant self sustin himself in the fire.
  9. Rasttan Member

I guess you want a cookie or something? Or are you asking for a Zerker nerf which according to your post is obviously needed
    Kalika and Sylke like this.
  10. Ucarenyes Member

Op took a Sin with him. And there is Swashy jump out and claim it's easy parse. If a sin can't win against swashy on single target, blame the tank or the encounter.

IF flanking is a game mechanism that enforce at least 2 class(Sin and Brig) put their DPS on, no crucial quest boss should make this mechanism fail.

If there should be a boss that's not flank-able, please make it the 3rd or 4th, not the final one. If Scocher is actially flank-able, please someone educate those Tanks to do adept that.
  11. Plinc Active Member

only if the globs don't fall to AE-auto fast enough.

first step: learn to beat the encounter
    second step: optimise the encounter

our assa and dirge have no problem flanking Ahrmatal and they have ears to hear if the Tank/Healer are busy and a mouth to ask the tank to get the mobs *** out of the flames when he has the time.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

Your hp seems a bit low (assuming this is with warden buf) , we got him of 4th try with no real debuffer. We used one tag to gather on tank when blinded.

Groupe dps was around 4 millions, hps 250k (but hps is not that relevant due to the hyper spiky nature of the damage).

We had ranger, assassin, conjurer, templar, warden, paladin.

We were told that without bard or debuff/ and regen mana we would be toasted ...

Other People used manastone and tinkered manastones (i topped mana regen with my passive mythical ability).

Used twice faith of the fallen (tank at 20%), his second life triggered, no priest DP triggered (even they were on)
    he did not used lay on hand. No miracle used.

Conjurer told us that his stoneskins would help as much as bard ones, to lazzy to check the log
    too see ;-)

Probably much harder with a single healer, i can probably bring the average hps but without the templar
    tank hp will be much lower, she also brings shiled ally, stoneskins etc ... Main issue is not hps
    but spikes.

If you want to do it with your team, then tribunal miracle may make things much easier. It last 15m,
  13. Ruckus Well-Known Member

We did this with an alt guardian, alt templar, alt necromancer, chanter main, swashbuckler main, and a PUG dirge...and killed it after like 5 pulls. We were so used to doing this with 2 healers, that to do it with one that's an alt, was just pretty amazing for our group. The one big thing that helped us was that the guardian and templar were updating each other when certain abilities were about ready to drop or refreshing soon.
    Wulwyrlyn likes this.
  14. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

Make sure you aren't using your wand auto attack. It'll hit at the beginning of your charm cast, making the mob charge before your spell finishes casting. =p Many a coercer has went splat because of this.
    Estred likes this.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

God this is obnoxious when trying to Mez too, I actually have to time my Mezzing between auto-attacks or else it won't stick :(
  16. Kalika Well-Known Member

I m not sure that DP still work, first we tried the domination zone was totally bugged : tank had 900K buffed,
    heal were like meuh.... and tank died with tunare watch running in front of my eyes.
    I checked his heal parse and found no trigger. I got the same issue happening with the ST death prevent (that one appear on the priest parse).

I wonder ... if the DP heal is not enough to bring you back over 0 p may be it simply don't do anything.

Anyway we returned, zone was not bugged anymore and tank had 1,3 m hp ... our 3 wipes were stupids
    (a wrong pull, fail condtion twice) so i cannot confirm if DP work or not. Wipes happened too early so my DPs were still waiting to be used.
    This is strange because dp used to very well, as example on beloved servant from the golem in shazzak temple.

The fun part is that we could probably have gone there much much before, the problem is that nobody wanted to join
    (3weeks ago i tried to make a pick up for there, i knew the tank ... a very decent sk .. the templar was ok
    and we got nobody willing to join).

Also group hps may change a lot depending on the tank, with a paladin we had 250k,then in pick up we had 480 iwht a berzeker (berzeker did 100k++).
  17. Plinc Active Member

group HPS greatly depends on flamewall placement and the type of tools used, we vary between 150k and 500k
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Don't mezz then. Stun. Should't get canceled with ranged autoattack's going off. Unless it's immune to stuns. I don't think that trash immune to it. At least never happend to me.
  19. Ranga Active Member

Good advice but also root first, charm second. That way the mob won't get to you and use it's own autoattack before your spell finishes. Don't forget to take the root off after it's charmed though. You should remembr that you have aa's to enhance root and charm. Perhaps you should have an AA set up for this if you are having problems?

Funny thing is, I went in last night and Ahrmatal seemed different somehow, no different abilities, was our regular melee group with two healers and a wiz but our DPS/HPS seemed to be down by maybe 25%. I don't believe any of us were doing anything different to what we normally do. Maybe they changed the buff/resist package on the mob IDK?

Additionally, and more to the point of this part of the thread, the roaming Felguard on the bridge resisted charm 18 times in a row. I gave up in the end and we went for 1 of the pair at the door to the second last mob. We charmed one and killed the other and when I checked the charmed mob, it had 1/1 HP and died pretty quickly in the fight. Then I took a PE and that lasted the whole fight as we killed the boss.

Something has definitely changed, we do this zone most every day and it is not the same. Any Dev care to comment?
  20. Plinc Active Member

did you tashania the mob? had no problems last night taking control of any one of the felguards that did not die fast enough.