A fae flies into a bar..

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-Jaremai, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Aloysiius waved goodbye to Mandragore, then realized he hadn't properly introduced himself to the Erudite. He mentally kicked himself for his uncharacteristic lapse in manners and sprinted away from the fountain and towards the North Qeynos docks.
    He took a small boat through the tunnel waterways to the South Qeynos docks. He found his way to Bella's Bakery and stepped in, ringing the little bell over the door.
    ~*~
    Later that same day Aloysiius arrived at the North Qeynos fountain again, followed by a small ochre furred Ratonga wearing a pink robe and matching ring of flowers on her head. The Ratonga sat on the lip of the fountain and twitched her whiskers.
    "I's is glads yous is okays, Al, buts you's won't bes if's we don'ts get the scrolls backs." She folded her arms. "I's is nevers going to cooks for you's agains."
    Aloysiius turned away to examine the statue of Antonia Bayle to hide the amused look on his face. Bellacouste never looked as intimidating as she thought she did when angry and he always found it amusing when she tried glowering like her older brother did.
  2. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

From far away, a Person, standing on a Carpet, was flying towards them. Slowly Aloysiius recognized the Erudite.
    As he approached the fountain he jumps off the carpet, waving his hand towards them and with a single gesture
    of the other Hand, the carpet went to the small piece of fabric again, which he puts into his Robe.
    Taking a Scroll out of his Leatherbag he walks to the Rattongan Female which stands beside Aloysiius, nods to him
    and looks onto her. He puts the Scroll into his left Hand, and bows his Head.
    "I am Mandragore. You are the one missing the Scroll i presume ?"
    He waves the Scroll in his left Hand.
    "I was able to form a Base Construct for the Spell to find the Scroll you are missing; if there is a little more Detail about
    it and the ribbon, i could redefine some Core Components, to make it more accurate. If the Scroll was stolen, there are
    some things i would additionally weave into it... so, do you know of anything which could make the Scroll important
    enough for other people to lay their hands on it ? Or do you think it just "got lost" ?"
  3. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Bella curtsied to the Erudite, the ring of flowers between her ears slipping down over her eyes. She righted the flowers and opened her mouth to speak, but was distracted by a figure walking up to them.
    The figure, another Ratonga, wore a robe similiar to Bella's, but in yellow with a matching ring of flowers on her head. Her fur was darker brown than her pink-clad counterpart and she had a pair of dark lensed glasses on her nose.
    "I's heard from Charlie that's you's lost Grandma's scroll!" The blue Ratonga yelled as she approached.
    "I'm afraid that's my fault." Aloysiius said.
    "Yous give Grandma's scroll to a humans?" The blue one asked, switching from Common to Ratongan.
    Bella rolled her eyes. "I's trust Aloysiius, Jumjum."
    "My's name is no longers Jumjum. I's is Ratatoska! And you's shouldn't have trusted that scroll withs a lazy Human!"
    "Grandmas give the scrolls to me! She taughts me how to make its, yous is just upsets that you were never good enoughs to learn!"
    "You forsook Grandma's teachings in Coercings when yous come to Qeynos, so yous should have given the scroll to me!"
    "I's abondoned Coercing, but not alls thats Grandma taught was Coercing spells! And yous forsook Hoddmimir's teachings in Necromancies, so's don'ts yous shake your finger at mes likes that!"
    "Grandma cried whens you lefts!"
    Aloysiius turned to Mandragore and smiled sheepishly while the two Ratongas continued their heated conversation. "Sorry about this. These two always argue like this. Sisters, you know?" Aloysiius crigned at hearing a rather un-lady like word applied to him by Ratatoska and tapped Bella on the shoulder. "She does know I can speak Ratongan, right?"
  4. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Mandragore bowed his Head to Bellacouste as he also noticed the other Ratonga approaching.
    He followed the discussion at first with interest, then irritated.
    "Allow me to introduce....."
    He stopped as the two Ratonga got to heated arguments.
    "Excuse me, could i have a moment of your...."
    He again stopped as Aloysiius spoke to him and waited a few seconds how the Scenery would
    unfold now after a little more harsher words were exchanged.
    He decided to switch from Common to Ratonga and thought that living with a Guild that has more
    Ratonga in it then every other Race helps sometimes, but sighted as he knew that Ratongan Dialect
    was not his favourite, as it sounded strange from his mouth. He prefered Druzaic, but...
    "Misses ! Please ! 'sis musts comes to an ends !"
  5. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

The two sisters stopped arguing and looked sheepishly at the Erudite.
    "Sorries, Mr. Mandragore." Bella muttered, switching to Common. She turned to her sister. "He has offers to find the Grandma scroll for us."
    "Oh goods, I's has a safe place for its at homes." Ratatoska said, adjusting her dark lensed glasses.
    Bella's jaw jutted out and Aloysiius recognized the beginning of another spat.
    "Since I'm to copy it to a newer parchment anyway, why don't I make a copy for each of you?" He offered, hoping that they would argue about ownership of the original at a later time, preferably after he had gone home to a good stein of something strong. The situation diffused for the moment, they turned back to the Erudite.
  6. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Mandragore took a deep breath, waving the Spellscroll he made with his left hand.
    "Miss Bellacouste, Miss Ratatoska...", he bowed his head again faintly and looked into their eyes while he spoke their names, "I created the Base Formula for a Spell which could find your scroll."
    "Since its now clear that it was not a simple scroll and we have a piece of the ribbon" *looks to Aloysiius* "it may be easy to find, provided that it wasn't stolen and hidden behind some kind of protection from those spells."
    He sat down on the edge of the fountain.
    "If it just got lost, we could proceed and weave the spell; if you have any second thoughts about someone which may have taken it, i will take additional precautions. Like concealing the spell so it cannot be detected, weaving a force veil around us to counter any offensive magic which may guard the scroll, enhance the spell so it could break through energy walls which are made to protect the lost scroll... that should do it."
    He opened the spell scroll, took a small feather, looked at both Ratonga, made some more notes and looked up.
    "If you both were in possesion at a specific time, i could also focus on the memory you have from that scroll. Now, what can you tell me about it, and about possible thieves ?"
  7. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

The two sisters looked at each other and then leaned in, conversing quietly in Ratongan for a moment.
    "Only persons who woulds steals it is backs in Freeports." Bellacouste said in Common as she watched an armored captain of the Qeynos Guard on horseback down the street. "I's is nots sure if he's could have gotten ins to takes it."
    "Remy Rotguttses always bragged abouts having 'agents' in Qeynoses, even if he's couldn't gets in..." Ratatoska muttered to her sister, still in Ratongan.
    "Well, it might be a good idea to put the protections up, just in case. I don't like it that I woke up under a fountain with something missing like that. I was heading to the tavern so I'm sure that I didnt' lay down there on my own." Aloysiius folded his arms across his chest.
  8. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

[OT: Back from Vacation, Happy New Year everyone J]
    Mandragore started taking notes, looked up, nodded, took more notes and listened.
    “Hm. Freeport. That could lead to complications. I don’t think the Overlord treats people scrying Freeport for lost things, nay, scrying Freeport for anything, nicely. There is but an additional Routine I have to implement; you’re lucky I thought about it before. Now where have i….”
    He opens his Leatherbag and starts pulling papers out, looking through them, putting them pack in, taking others out, looking through them, reading them… after minutes of motionless reading (he could feel the tension rising in the two Ratonga, standing still and waiting and such) he looked up again.
    “I should be ready this evening. Could you please come to my place ? It’s the Big House, last one on the left side before going through the Gate to the Harbor. Just knock, my servant will open, get you a place and notify me, if I am still in the Room preparing for the Lost-and-Found Ritual.”
    He looked down, suddenly scribbling another note on a Parchment.
    "Ah. Almost forgot. If this really leads to Freeport, i need a portable Spell to track it. But once we have the Routine and the Imprints, that shouldn't be a great deal."
    He turns to Aloysiius.
    “Can I have the Ribbon ? I will start with all the necessary precautions and preparations then.”
  9. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

[Happy New Year! :D ]
    Aloysiius handed the Erudite the ribbon while a big grin spread across Bellacouste's face.
    "I's live two houses downs from the Harbor gate! We's is neighbors!" She giggled.
    Ratatoska rolled her eyes at her excitable sister. "Let's just hopes is nots in Freeports." She muttered. "Or worse-Neriak." She spat the name out, scrunching her nose up as if she had just stepped in something foul.
    Aloysiius grinned at the sisters and then leaned over to whisper to Mandragore. "Erm- since I lost the scroll, I'd be happy to pay you for your services myself. I know complicated spells sometimes need expensive reagents and even if this one doesn't, I'll reimburse you for your time and energy at the very least."
  10. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

((Hopefully y'all don't mind if I join))
    Brienae stepped through the gate of North Qeynos. Her orange and purple wings fluttered in excitement. Her bag was full of scrolls all scribbled with ballads of common people doing great things. It would be nice to stay somehwere for a change instead of outside. "Then again Lady Tetriemmy's house is probably not much different," she thought as she continued to fly toward the middle of Qeynos. She saw a group standing by the fountain deep in conversation. She noted that two were ratonga one was human and one was an erudite. She stopped herself from getting too close. "A lady does not eavesdrop," she mentally scolded herself.
    "There you are," said somone behind her she turned to see an unfamilar wood elf striding towards her. "Now give it to me and we'll go to freeport and get your money.
    "What are you talking about?" Brienae hissed "I wouldn't be caught dead in that filthy city."
    The wood elf laughed "Quit playing games Tari."
    Brienae's eyes flashed with anger "How dare you! How Dare you confuse me with that hate filled abomination!"
    "Enough! You want to alert the guards?" He lunged for her "Now give me the scroll our master ordered you to steal."
    Brienae with drew her twin sai "I am Lady Brienae De`Esalcoda..."
    "Impressive so the illusion went to your head." This time he managed to grab her as she stood shocked.
    "Unhand me!" she screamed as he tore her bag littering the ground with quills and scrolls
    "Last time I'll ask. Where's the scroll with the pink ribbon written in ratongan
    Brienae screamed again "Let go of me!
  11. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Evening.
    Mandragore was working in his Ritual Chamber and Jarvis, his newly recruited Coldain Servant, patiently waiting upstairs, with some (non-alcoholic) beverages. Jarvis knew about not to disturb his new Employer, especially when he was working down there, so he did what he was always doing: Taking good care of the Rooms and Pets.
    It has been some more work as usual the last few days, as his Employer was working at something he didn’t know about (and surely didn’t want to know), but as invisible as he is, even when staying here, the signs of another person in the house were there.
    “Knock, Knock.”
    Ah, this must be the guests which he awaits. Jarvis went to the door, recognizin the gentle knocking on the door as coming from a Ratonga; other Small folks as Dwarves or Halfling tend to knock like Humans, but from a different angle, where as this sounded as Elves. Ogres or Trolls never visited here and he hoped that this also stayed so.
    He opened the door and greeted them with a bow, asking them to come in.
    “Miss Bellacouste, Miss Ratatoska… and you must be Mister Aloysiius, please come in. I have prepared the Living Room with a refreshing assortment of Drinks and Fruits till I get the notice that My Employer has finished.”
    The Hall where he greeted the guests seemed to those as a museum; aside from a small bar and the usual sales crates there were many different tapestries and Pictures, Figurines and Statues, a small fountain in the middle with fishes and an octopus swimming around, a small, ghostly dragon sitting in the corner, another (seemingly living) puppet of another dragon guarding the entrance to the Living Room behind, which had a resemblance to a picture Bellacouste had seen before, signed “Trakanon”, and what seems a skeletal Dragons Wing on the great wall to the right.
    As the Servant nodded at the dragon, he moved beside and all four walked in the Living room, where a nice table and 4 Chairs where arranged with candles, some bottles and decanters and plates with mixtures of different fruits.
    “Please, have a seat. I hope that this is well for your taste. We just got a new Delivery from our Contract with the Cook from the Vigilant, his Dishes are always a Joy for Eyes and Mouth.
    I will go down and notice my Employer about your arrival”. With that, he walked down the stairs.

The Living Room had some nice furniture in there, a fireplace… some pictures of the Ethernauts and a whole wall just full of weapons. Nothing someone would expect from a Mage, but a sign was made for every one of those, reading “Mermaid”, “Orc” and other Races. Further down the wall there were another ones, with other signs and shelves with caskets and boots on it… one of the signs beside some old looking Boots read “These Boots were made for…”.
  12. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

((Welcome Brienae! :D ))
    Aloysiius and his two Ratonga friends said their goodbyes and decided to spend the rest of the day at Aloysiius's house, the Sandpiper Tavern. They scurried off, the sisters chattering happily about their grandmother's scroll and none of them noticed a Fae arguing with a Feir'Dal as they passed through the square.
    As they went out of sight a third Ratonga in armor rounded the corner and heard the screams of the Fae lady. Charlemin drew his sword and approached the Wood Elf from behind.
    "The lady told you to unhand her." He growled, no hint of a Ratongan accent evident. A human squire behind the Ratongan Paladin likewise drew his sword and crouched down.
    ~*~
    Meanwhile, Aloysiius and Charlemin's sisters passed the rest of the day with the Oldale Brothers at the counter, learning Dwarven drinking songs before leaving for the other end of South Qeynos.
    They arrived at the manor and were greeted by the butler and as they sat waiting the two Ratongas' tails twitched nerviously behind them. Aloysiius absently hummed the new song he had learned from the Oldales and examined the paintings on the wall with the interest of any history-buff.
  13. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

The wood elf dropped Brienae abruptly and turned. "This doesn't concern you rat," he growled "But as I am not equipped to fight I will take my leave. Clearly I was mistaken." with that he ran.
    "Thank you kind sirs," Brienae said with a curtsy to the ratonga and human. "I am Lady Brienae De`Esalcoda. May I enquire as to the names of my resuers?" She sighed as she eyed all of the scrolls on the ground. She pulled her bag around to see the gaping hole.
    ~~~
    Meanwhile in Freeport Tari emerged in Freeport with her own forn allowing her to pass through the gate. In her purple arms she carried a scroll with a pink ribbon. A mage had been sent with her and it was he who had lured the man with the scroll to sleep and then Tari had left him. She knew that in this way she would get more money or at least that was how it usually worked. She had been told to meet her employer at Broken Tail Tavern. She had until sunset to get there. "plenty of time to site see," she told herself as she glided down the streets of Freeport. The only things a person could see of her was her pale purple arms cradling the scroll carefully, her large purple and red wings and under her hood only her red eyes showed.
  14. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

"That should do it."
    Mandragore had a last look over all the circles he had drawn additionally on the ground and the magic which made them semi-permanent.
    "I think we can start. Now, where's Jarvis ? Ah, i'll see for myself."
    He opened the door just to see Jarvis standing directly in front of it, raising his hand as he was about to knock.
    "Sir Mandragore ? The guests have arrived. They're in the Livingroom." With those words, Jarvis turned and walked upstairs.
    Mandragore sighed; he still wasn't used to having another Person in his house. He closed the Door and followed him.
    The first thing he saw was the two Ratonga, sitting really uneasy on their chairs, with Aloysiius studying the Pictures on the Walls. He got to the table, greeted them and sat down. He saw that they just tried some of the beverages which Jarvis provided, but they seemed to excited and were eager to start as to try everything on the table. He took an apple and started explaining.
    "I prepared my Chamber where i normally conduct Spell Research. It is shielded against scrying but enhances the perception of all who are in there. I partly reconfigured the Magic, because i am normally alone in here, but as i moved in here, the Chamber was made easily changeable, so that i would have no greater work to adjust it to mostly every need."
    As he was finished he stood up and his guests followed him. When they got to the stairs, he mumbled a few words, waved his Hand and some red runes on the doorstep started glowing for a few seconds and then went out.
    "Protection Magics. Sometimes i just don't want to be disturbed."
    He walked down the stairs. Aloysiius followed him directly wereas the Ratonga waited till they saw that nothing happened, then they also went down.
    The next Room seemed to be a library. Books and more different Bookcases everywhere, a comfy seat, a desk, lights, parchments, scrolls... The Design looked different with every Bookcase they saw: There was one which seemed to come from Gorowyn, one from Halas, another one seemed to be build from mechanical parts, and a whole wall of really expensive looking handmade ones.
    They reached the next door and Mandragore opened it.
    This Room seemed barely naked, if not for the Runes, which covered every wall. Symbols of Protection, Guardian Runes of Fire and Ice... the ground was adorned with a big, double layered Circle. In it was a Triangle with circles on every end, a big red one and two smaller white ones. In the Middle a Multi-coloured Circle with a Single Command Rune in it.
    Mandragore took the Ribbon from Aloysiius and asked him to take a seat and watch. He then asked the two Ratonga to stand in the white Circles.
    "Those will enhance the Bindings and Memories you have to the scroll; it will be easier to find. The outer circle will conceal our actions and protect. The Runes on the Walls... lets just say, if someone where to enter this room, be it magical, physical, in person or just scrying... it weren't good for him." He allowed himself a faint smile.
    "There's just one rule while i weave the spells: don't leave the circles. Just don't. I won't go as far and say it would be catastrophic, but it would surely fail the spell; there are protective measures in place to prevent a backfire, but even i can not guarantee for everything."
    As the two Ratonga positioned themselves in the Circles, they looked at each other, now a little bit unsure if this was REALLY a great idea.
    Mandragore put the Ribbon in the Circle in the Middle, stood himself in the Red one, took a deep breath and started chanting.
    At first, nothing happened.
    Then, Bellacouste could feel the hair of her feet vibrating. The feeling wandered upwards, till she was under the impression that every single hair on her was vibrating. Not strong enough to make it unpleasant and the moment she started thinking more about it, she felt her magic pulsating. Some of the Magic was leaking over her hairs. As she allowed herself a quick look to Ratatoskas Side, it seemed that she also experienced the same. Mandragore chanted a little louder and aside from the runes on his Body glowing stronger, she could not read any other expression.
    From outside, Aloysiius watched. He saw something like faint multicoloured mist coming from Bellacouste, and moving towards the Circle in the middle. On Ratatoskas Side he had the impression of the same, just being black and purple.
    The same Moment, the outer Line of the outer Circle got covered in small flames and the inner line started to grew ice crystals. Two rays consisting of fire and ice coming from Mandragore, entwined, moved towards the middle circle. Still no expression on the Erudites Face.
    [to be continued]
  15. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

The Paladin crouched and almost took off after the wood elf, but instead sheathed his sword. He bowed in reply to the Fae. "I am Charlemin Leyden Cragmure and this is my Squire, Pepin Grayhaze." He indicated the human behind him before bending down to help pick up the scrolls. "Are you unhurt, Lady De'Esalcoda?"
    ~*~
    Aloysiius shifted uncomfortably on the edge of the seat as he watched, being unfamiliar with magics that didn't involve sound or music, he always worried at large displays and how wrong they could go.
    Bellacouste felt her stomach flip as the flames leapt from the circle and closed her eyes tightly as visions of her dear grandmother in the kitchen flooded her mind. Ratatoska, likewise saw scenes of their grandmother, writing slowly over the partchment and later, when the girls were older, slipping it into Bella's stocking while they all pretended to sleep the night before Gifting Day.
  16. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

"Thank you Lord Charlemain and Pepin. I am unharmed... although he was careless... and I cannot believe the nerve of that" she spoke a word in Faelie that had it been understood would have been most unlady like "arasai. He evidently thought I was my distant cousin in an illusion. He said she was sent to steal a scroll." she closed her eyes recalling his exact words "a scroll written in Ratongan tied with a pink ribbon." she sighed "I can not know if she was successful. I hope not. But something must be done. Perhaps you gentlemen could help me find her. Her name is Tari Clearshadow."

~~~
    Tari continued her exploration. It had been too easy. Most people didn't give her a second glance. Some thieves she marvelled used magic to accomplish things. She had no magic ability herself and instead used her cunning and her skill with a dagger. "You don't become the leader of a gang by being flashy," her mind laughed as she passed the docks.
  17. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

The Ribbon began to shiver and slowly flew upwards till it came to a stop, a yard in the Air.
    The Magic coming from Bellacouste and Ratatoska met up with the Ribbon and startet to swirl around, colours turning like a kaleidoscope, till the two rays of fire and ice came and bordered them. Now it looked like a round window with a Frame of moving Fire and Ice and the Picture cleared up.
    They saw this Room and it started zooming out; the house from above, then South Qeynos, the whole Qeynos… and the Picture started moving.
    It moved through Antonica, along shoreside, past the Lighttower, past Blackburrow, flying through the Gates of the Thundering Steppes… then the Picture blurred somewhat.
    A single drop of sweat ran over the Erudites Face, as his chanting turned down, tuning to another set of Vocabulary and the Picture cleared up again. The next thing were the Nektulos Docks, the Picture took the Griffon Route to the Commonlands Gate and passed them.
    It was a nice sunny day in the Commonlands, just a few clouds and the Picture now moved slowly. It stopped on various occasions as it had to fight against something, being unsure which direction to take.
    It was now hovering just a few inches above the ground and moving not faster as a Fae would fly. The Picture passed the Crossroads, looking left and right, moving onwards, till the City of Freeport came into Sight.
    Approaching Freeport, the Picture slowed even more down, the Erudite breathing heavily and the next thing was the whole Frame and Picture fragment itself into large purple and red leaves, slowly falling to the Ground.
    The same Moment the Magic the two Ratonga felt was gone, so where the fire and ice circles around them and Mandragore fell to his knees.
    “Freeport… It is… in Freeport…”
  18. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Charlemin tilted his head to one side. "One of my sisters ties all her scrolls in pink ribbons..." He muttered to himself. "I'd be more than happy to help you, Milady. Do you know where this insolent cousin of yours might be?"
    ~*~
    Aloysiius grimaced at the announcement of the scroll's location before asking Mandragore if he was feeling alright.
    The two sisters, however, glanced at each other, already plotting possabilities like Ratongas are want to do.
    "I's has some peoples in Freeports thats owes me favors..." Bella murmmered.
    "Forgets thats." Her sister replied. "They'd nevers lets you call in favors after you betrayed the city. My old teacher, though. I's know how to gets hims to help." Ratatoska grinned mischieviously.
    ~*~
    A small Arasai floated into a Freeport Tavern, jumping to reach the top of the barstool and climbing up, fluttering his gold and pinkish-purple wings in irritation. Even on the tall stool, he barely saw over the counter. "Bloody Ogre craftsmen." He cursed to himself. "Never a thought for us small folk." He caught the barkeep's attention with a wave of his sickly green hand and ordered something strong.
    "Still moping about loosing so much at cards, Sholt?" The barkeep asked.
    "No! I'm moping about my best student!" The Arasai railed. "My best student ran off to become a-a conjurer!" He slammed his fist into the counter.
    "Another Cragmure ran off to Qeynos, eh?" The barkeeper glanced around. "Best distance yourself from that family."
    "With my best books! The ones I need to complete my research!" Hoddmimir continued. "I need something strong to keep my mind from this." He watched the barkeeper turn to the shelves behind him. "And none of that rotgut, either! Someone thought it funny to send me an entire crate of Dwarven swill for Frostfell." He lay his head down on the counter and pouted petulently, watching his undead Froglok wander aimlessly behind him.
  19. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Brienae's eyes narrowed "Distant cousin," she hissed before continuing in a lighter tone. "She has to be in Freeport. That's what the evil wood elf said anyway. I might know someone who can help us get in. Tetriemmy Windfoot. She's been helping people in and out of Freeport and Neriak for years. Convincing her to help can be tricky though because well... to her this is a trivial matter now if it impacts nature in some way then she's more likely to help."
    "Or if a cub lands herself in way over her head," Tetriemmy said as she emerged mysteriously from the alley. She was also a ratonga her fur was cream colored. She wore what had once been a formal purple dress but was now dirty and a bit ragged. She wore an eye patch over her right eye. At her side was a thorny whip. On her back was a shield which appeared to have the face of a lion. In each ear she wore three hoops. She was also very small and skinny for a ratonga. Her ratongan accent had been missing for years. She nodded towards Charlemain and Pepin.
    "Tetri..."
    "I heard it all Cub," Tetriemmy sighed "I'll help y'all."
    "Oh Tetriemmy thank thank you!"
    "Don't thank me yet Cub. You get to crawl through sewers," she turned to Charelemain and Pepin "Think your sisters will want to accompany us? By the way you can call me Tetri... most do."
    ~~~
    Tari glided into a bar where she saw another arasai already seated. She hid the scroll in her bag and leaped on and thenclimbed onto another bar stool. She shouted to gain the barkeepers attention "What's a girl gotta do to get service round here?" She looked at the male arasai next to her and the skeletal frog and shrugged. "What's eatin you?" she asked. Her only concern was more money if she could help him.
  20. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

((I hope you don't mind if we move the other scenes ahead a bit to keep the thread going. ^^; ))
    Charlemin bowed hs head to the other Ratonga. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Tetri." He straightened and looked around. "I am not sure I want my sisters to go back to Freeport, considering, but they would be quite cross with me if I went without them." Charlemin shivered slightly, knowing he'd rather fight the gods on their planes than his sisters. "They were saying they had something to do at a neighbors house today, but we could wait for them at Bella's house, if you don't mind delaying our departure, Lady De'Esalcoda."
    ~*~
    Hoddmimir lifted his head and thumped it back onto the counter in frustration. "My best student ran off to learn Conjuring in Qeynos." He thumped his head again. "With my books!" THUMP "My research is over." THUMP "I can't finish it without the books!" THUMP "Assistants can be replaced, but those books!" THUMP THUMP "Should have known when her sister and brother betrayed Freeport." He muttered, this time leaving his forhead on the counter. "If I knew where the rest of the Cragmures were hiding after the three of them betrayed, I'd turn the whole lot in to the Militia, reguardless of the rewards on their heads!"