A fae flies into a bar..

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-Jaremai, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

"What ? No more muffins ? What i am supposed to serve my Guildmates, when they come ?"
    Jarvis shrugged but didn't stop cleaning.
    "Well, well... i'll have a look for myself, the bakery is not far away so... just clean this mess here up and i'll be back with the muffins."
    Jarvis nodded.
    Mandragore sighed. Walking up to the door, he grasped into his bag, took a stone, touched every body part with it and mumbled a few words. His Skin turned a tone more grey, then back. The next was a small Gem, which he pressed onto his forehead, also mumbling a few words.
    Jarvis looked up. "Sir ? As i may say, do you really think this is necessary ? We are in Qeynos..."
    "No, it isn't. But i have to stay in training. My potential was raised a little bit after i studied over the Ritual i did, so i wanted to try it out and it seems to work. Soon, i will no longer require Gynoks Ring to be fully protected..."
    He left.
    Ah, fresh air. Better than on the newly installed Balcony, as he walked the few steps to the Bakery. The Sign showed "Open". He asked himself if they didn't leave already, opened the door and walked in.
  2. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

((Welcome Back Theriatis))
    Tetri gave a growl at Bella's comment which sounded close to a laugh.
    Brienae sighed "Call me Kara Mudwing. I guess." she sighed. She watched as Bella unrolled the scroll and then she followed. "Broken Tail Tavern," How nice she muttered as she read the sign. She looked around the peered in and sighed "I don't see Tari, she'd be hard to miss... her wings are twice the size of mine and also that purple skin of hers... but I don't see any sign of her. But if the scrolls in there then... she must have turned it in." she looked at Bella and Charlemin "Ready to go in?" she asked them.
    ~~~~
    Tari looked at the display "Whatcha got?" she asked. Her nose caught a slight hint of jumjum which almost made her feel ill "Anythin that ain't got Jumjum in it? I'm very allergic," she hated to say it but it was true since she was very young. Allergies and phobias were both weaknesses in her mind and she had both, but if she didn't reveal this weakness... she shuddered at the thought of being rushed to a cleric in the heart of Goodee Goodee Land. The Ratonga may not know the difference between an Arasai and a Fae but the clerics sure did. She looked towards the door as the Erudite entered.
    Copper struggled against her hand trying to grab the sweets he saw before him.
    She sighed and hissed at him in Thexian not sure if anyone else spoke it but she doubted it. "Copper if you don't sit and behave you ain't gettin anythin. Now sit and shut up."
    The owl bear cub gave one last whine and then sat sniffiing the air.
  3. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Charlemin eyed the Militiamen warily. "They're just new recruits, but I'd rather not take the chance of them interfering, if something should happen. I think I'll get rid of them first." He stepped forward and cleared his throat. "YOUS LAZY BUMS! DIDN'TS YOUS HEARS THE ORDERS?! CAPTAIN SALTY NEEDS ALL OF YOUS TO QUELL THE UPRISINGS IN LONGSHADOWS ALLEY! GETS OFFA YOUS DUFFS AN' REPORT OR I'LL HAVES THE LOT OF YOUS FLAYED ALIVE AND LEFT IN THE CELLS WITH THOSE FROGLOKS! GO FIND CAPTAIN SALTY AND REPORT! NOW!" Charlemin watched the recruits drop their stiens and scramble away, two of them heading in the wrong direction before turning around and running after the others. "GO! GO! GO!" Charlie barked at them as they scrambled out of sight. He grinned. "Recruits are still the same- scare 'em enough and they'll never question you."
    "I suppose that Captain Salty is a cat in Qeynos Harbor that they'll be looking for good while." Aloysiius laughed.
    Charlemin grinned and nodded. "You learn fast in the Militia not to ask for directions, makes you look weak or stupid, they say. They should be occupied for a good long while." He laughed behind his visor and stepped inside, finding an empty table in the corner. They sat around the table and scanned the room with furtive glances.
    "Where does the wisp lead to now, 'Meary'?"
    "Sees thats Ratonga ats the counter? Its hims."
    Charlemin was about to stand up and approach the Ratonga, but the barkeeper made it to their table first. He held Charlemin with a long glare. "Should I add all those broken stiens to your tab?" He asked, indicating the front porch.
    "Adds 'em to Captain Salty's at thes Freeports Militia House, since he's the idiot who needs recruits tos cleans up his own messes." Charlemin growled.
    The Barkeeper nodded and returned to his post at the bar.
    ~*~
    Ratatoska nodded. "We's has all sorts of flavors. Wild Apples, White Peach, Fayberry, Xegonberry, Orange, Cranberry. We's also sells a large variety of coffees and teas ifs you's would like somethings to drink." She heard the little bell over the door ring again and turned. "Hellos, Mr. Mandragore! Welcomes to the bakery!"
    Llew's half-elven ears caught the Thexian and her hand went towards the wand on her hip, but then she noticed that the Fae was simply telling her pet to behave. Llew smiled and instead of the wand, she pulled a small book from her pocket and flipped it open, figuring that the adorable little owl bear was once owned by some Teir'Dal and only responded to Thexian. She thought it was rather nice of the Fae to save the hatchling, she had her own owlbear cub at home and found the little half owl face to be irrestistably cute.
    ~*~
    Hoddmimir wobbled into his house in South Freeport, now quietly humming the song under his breath. He looked around, decided that he couldn't really do anything until he got the books back. Even if he had the books still, he wouldn't be able to do anything- Necromancy can go very wrong, very quickly when theres alcohol involved, afterall.
    He settled for a quick nap to get rid of the effects of the Gnomish Spirits and found the way to his bed and curled up.
  4. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Mandragore moved up front to the Counter and had a good look at the baked goods; then he had a good look at the Ratonga which was standing there.
    "Oh yes, where was i ? I need Muffins, and...." Something was odd. He saw Bellacouste standing there, but the Magic Aura... was different. He took a deep Breath.
    "Ah, my Manners, again..." He looked her directly in the eyes. "Greetings to you as well, Miss Bellacouste." He smiled faintly. "I need some Muffins. Best would be, 3 of all sorts. I get guests later and i'm currently a little bit tired after i did some extensive research today."
    He raised an eyebrow.
    "Can i wait for it ? You can take care of your other customers... oh, i cut in the line here. Sorry, for that. If not, i'll come back later."
  5. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Tetriemmy curled up beside the table while the others sat down. She watched as the Ratonga in question appracheded them.
    "Bartenders brings the Ladys and hers friends some drinks whatevers theys wants. It's on s the House," He stoped in front of Bella/Maery "I ams Ratiel Desmens. Welcomes to mys Taverns. Such Beautys it has beens years since I's seen."
    Brienae hid a gigle. He had to be at least as old as Tetri.
    Tetri stiffened as the medium brown Ratonga approached and said his same. She remembered vaguely the name Desmens. The memories the name brought back were very unpleasant and memories she had spent years trying to forget. She couldn't help the shudder that ran through her body as she analyzed her brother.
    Brienae noticed the change over Tetri and wondered for a few moments if anyone else noticed.
    Suddenly two heavily armored Iksar stepped into the bar. Their tails swinging in time with each other. It was only their tails that could be seen. One was yellow and black and the other was a pale pink and black. Behind them marched three new recruits.
    Ratiel cursed "To what's do we's owes the pleasures? Please sits have a drinks," he said to the soldiers
    The recruits started to move when the yellow and Black tailed Iksar barked at them "Stay where you are and see that no one leavesss. Anyone attempting to leave will recieve thirty lashessss." He looked around the room "I am captain Mordenair Ariesez and this is my sister Captain Mordedana Ariesez,"
    The recruits looked at the two iksar so did Brienae and Ratiel.
    Mordedana sighed as she removed her helm showing her pink and black speckled face. She continued to remain silent and let her brother talk while her eyes rested on the table with the 2 ratonga. "Where's the third?" she wondered as she remembered her dream: a ratonga wreathed in light, a ratonga wreathed in what she assumed was magic and a ratonga wreathed in fire. She did not see any of those things around the 2 but still she wondered.
    Mordenair continued "We have been sent by Queen Crystanosss to aid in finding the location of the Cragmaresss,"
    "Well yous won't finds thems heres," Ratiel hissed "If I saws thems I woulds calls the guards immediatleys,"
    "We shall see. Our orders are to question everyone."
    "That's quite a job," Brienae said.
    Mordenair stormed over to them "If you have any questions pixie talk to Captain Salty,"
    Brienae nodded she would have laughed but Mordenair made her tremble.
    "If you cooperate no harm will come to you," Mordedana spoke at last. Her voice was soft and somewhat comforting. She felt the heat o her brother's glare through his helmet. "Why Captian Salty?" she asked her brother in an attemot to get his death glare to soften
    Mordenair shrugged "Only Freeport Captain I know the name of. Soundsss like my kind of guy from what those recruitsss said." he looked around the room "Letsss start with you," he pointed at Bella.
    ~~~
    Tari tapped her foot while the Erudite cut in line. she then spoke "White peach sounds good and maybe some xegonberry tea." she looked at Copper who had rolled over and actually sucked in his stomach. Even she had to laugh "I do feed him I swear but got anythin with meat in it?"
  6. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Charlemin stiffened in his seat as he heard his family name and managed not to reach for his sword.
    Bella jumped when she was singled out and couldn't find her voice. She pointed to her throat and shook her head, her eyes wide with terror behind the shaded glasses.
    "Uh, she's mute, sir." Aloysiius offered. "Bit of an illness in youth, you see." Al poked Bella's leg with his boot toe and she nodded fervently to the Iskars. "May I ask what makes you think these Cragmures are here?"
    ~*~
    "Yous cans haves a seat to waits." Ratatoska nodded to the corner where some Halfling-made couches sat.
    She pulled a White Peach muffin out of the display counter and placed it on a tray.
    "Meat? We's have stews, meat pies, sandwiches and baked fishies. Ifs hes wants somethings raws, I's can get yous somes from the cellar."
    Pepin, now cleaned up, came down the stairs. He resumed his seat across from Llew, who looked up from her book.
    "You look better now." She commented.
    Pepin sighed and pointed to his armor. "I couldn't get everything clean though. Its not like there are any armor cleaning kits in this house." He sniffed. "I still smell like jumjum."
    Llew laughed. "Well, I think its an improvement." She leaned over the table and dropped her voice. "You tend to smell like the training grounds."
    "Do I?" He asked, pulling back the plate vambrace and sniffing the old padding beneath it. "By the light." He swore under his breath. "The jumjum soaked in, now it smells like dirt, sweat and fruit."
  7. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Mandragore took a seat at the wall.
    His Face showed the usual "Distracted Professor" expression, but his mind was active.
    Did this anything mean ? Someone posing as Bellacouste, pretending to run her business ?
    Were they already in Freeport and she asked someone to take over so as to arise no suspicion ?
    The Timeframe where he stood in front of that Rattonga was to short to look after the
    specific Magical Aura, but he was sure he knew it.
    Otherwise, he could just be overreacting.
    Jarvis was right. This was Qeynos. It may be good to be vigilant and if its just for the sake for
    being in training, but paranoia was another thing.
    He decided to just wait and started juggling with arcane formulas in his head and was eager
    to start the journey to Velious as soon as Lodizal was rested enough; Jarvis once mentioned
    the Libraries from the Coldain, near a City called Thurgadin and he would not miss that
    Opportunity to study the History and Arcane Theories of another culture.
    His mind wandered a little bit, but he was still watching... and waiting.
  8. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Brienae held her breath when they called Bella. She let it out when the coast seemed clear
    Mordedana watched the group carefully. It was her specialty to be able to detect lies and she knew th ratonga wasn't mute as the human was clearly lying. Her eyes fixed on all of them in turn and rested on the Fae.
    "Dana?" Mordenair said turning to her.
    "They speak the truth." she answered.
    "How convenient," Mordenair hissed. He scanned the room. "Fine then." he pointed at Ratiel "Your turn,"
    Ratiel shuddered "I knows nothings,"
    He knew something Mordedana could tell she started to speak.
    "I's don'ts knowa anys Ratongas withs thats names,"
    Tetriemmy watched the female Iksar with interest.
    Mordedana's eyes widened and it took all of strength not to beat her head into her fist.
    "Who said they were Ratongas?" Mordenair cooed.
    "Okays I's heard of thems. That's alls,"
    "Really?" Mordenair asked "Search him," he ordered the three recruits.
    One of them handed him the scroll
    "Well isn't thisss special. Pink ribbon? How dainty."
    "My girlfriends gave it to mes,"
    "Oh I see. Dana would you do ussss the honor," Mordenair asked as he handed the scroll to Mordedana.
    Tetriemmy pounced over the table and grabbed the scroll in her mouth and ran out the door.
    Mordenair snarled "After the beast you lazy bums and kill it. Our uncle will have fun with the skeleton later."
    The three recruits ran out the door after the lion.
    Brienae gasped.
    "Was it your'sss" Mordenair hissed "Next time train your petsss better," he turned back to the trembling Ratiel "Name and let'sss be friendly tell us about your family then tell usss what you know,"
    "Ratiel Desmens. I haves one brother Crimki,"
    "One brother?" Mordenair raised an eyebrow "I thought Ratongasss alwaysss had more kidsss than two."
    "I hads a sisters,"
    Mordenair grinned "Had or has?"
    "Hads! Hads!" Ratiel screamed.
    "He said Had," Mordedana confirmed knwoing full well he knew.
    "Tet died years agos,"
    Brienae looked at the others wondering if there was any significance in the name Tet.
    ~~~~
    "we'll try a meat pie," Tari answered "How much do I owe ya? Oh by the way. Maybe you can help me. I'm lookin for a Ratatoska Cragmare. It's a personal matter for her ears alone. Couldja tell me where I can find 'er?" She looked back at the erudite and wondered if he knew anything. He appeared distracted. She wondered if he knew. If he knew that only an arasai had purple skin or wings like hers and maybe that was why he was lost in thought. She tried not to shudder at the thought that someone might suspect her.
  9. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Aloysiius knew by the look on the femal Iskar's scaley face that he'd been found out, but to his surprise, she lied to the other one.
    Bella nearly jumped out of her seat when the scroll was produced, but Aloysiius grabbed her robes under the table and managed to keep her in her seat while Tetri grabbed it and ran off. He glanced at Brienae at the news of a lost sister, Tet, but said nothing.
    Charlemin stood up. "Can'ts trust recruits these days, I's will goes makes sure they catches that thing." He grumbled, heading towards the door. "You's guys stays an' enjoys a drink on mes." He said to the three still sitting at the table.
    ~*~
    Ratatoska tilted her head to one side. She had never met this particular Fae before...had she? She examined the customer while she took a meat pie out of the counter and placed it with the muffin and tea.
    Did The Fae of Kelethin have wings like that? Ratatoska hadn'd spent much time in Kelethin, she had promised Bella that they would visit together, but Bella was afraid of heights and kept putting the trip off.
    "Wills be 3 silvers." She said. She began to wonder why it would bother her if it was an Arasai, afterall, she had betrayed too. It wasn't a stretch of the imagination to think that an Arasai would. But that an Arasai might have something to do with her, that unsettled her. "Ratatoska is mys sisters, buts she's left town todays. Traveling a bit to sees the worlds."
    Llew smiled. "She finally get tired of you putting off that trip to Kelethin and go without you?"
    "Something like that." Pepin muttered.
  10. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

((Going ahead and updating the Freeport scenes in order to keep the thread going))
    Tetriemmy could hear the clanking of three... no four sets of heavy armor. She recognized the sligtly softer clanking as belonging to Charlemin. Some thing had been done to deaden the sound. She kept turning trying not to be predictable. She knew she was succeeding well in this but she was running out of city. She turned right this time into a dead end. She sighed after taking her true form and hid the scroll in a pocket of her dress just as the three recruits rounded the corner.
    "Excuse me miss did you see a large cat run this way?"
    "A large cat?" Tetriemmy asked arching an eyebrow "Define large. A ratonga of my height... I've seen many large cats."
    The recruit who had spoken spoke again "A lion Miss,"
    Tetriemmy shrugged "And if I did?"
    "We have orders to kill it,"
    "Do you require the meat to eat? The skin for clothes?"
    "No," All three laughed at the Ratonga none of them saw the wasps nest beside her. They could not see in anyway the communication that was going on.
    Tetriemmy asked the wasps to attack the three cubs and they did, stinging the three without stopping. She raised a paw in the air calling three lightning bolts one stuck each and no wasp was caught in the blast.
    The recruits turned and ran screaming about the crazy ratonga.
    Tetriemmy silently thanked the wasps who went back to thier hive. She collapsed the her knees.
    Meanwhile inside the tavern Mordenair continued questioning Ratiel "So what can you tell me or should I start cutting that tail?"
    Ratiel was so scared he could only manage to speak in Ratongan. "I knows that one is powerfuls mages coercers I thinks she writes scrolls, powerfuls scrolls sells for thousands plats on blacks markets. I don'ts knows wheres theys ares thoughs."

Brienae sighed she felt sorry for him but she had no clue what he was saying. She knew Bella would understand and as she looked at Alloysius she had the sneaking suspition that he understood Ratongan too.
    Mordenair didn't speak Ratongan either but Mordedana did she translated "He says one was a coercer which we knew and he doesn't know where they are."
    Mordenair looked at her "Isss that all?"
    "Yesss. We're wasting our time here brother. They are probably all in Qeynosss by now."
    "We've been all over Freeport and Neriak and no one knowsss anything?"
    "Would seem so," she saw it coming as her brother pullled his sword and swung towards Bella she blocked him with her sword. She knew as she met her brother's eyes that all of his anger was on her. She wondered as her brother was surveying her if the group behind her realized she was an ally.
  11. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Charlemin watched the recruits run by, followed by wasps. He carefully peeked around the corner and saw Tetri. He darted forward and knelt at her side.
    "Are you alright? You're not hurt, are you?"
    Bella dove out of her seat as the sword flashed, her paws clamped to her mouth while Aloysiius stood to charge at the Iskar, but found his path blocked by the female. He grabbed Bella from the floor and pushed her into the corner behind him, his daggers drawn.
    ~*~
    Hoddmimir woke, his mouth felt like he had eaten charcoal and he swayed into the kitchen for a draught of water. He tapped his foot, his head a little clearer and decided to go for a walk, just to have something to do. He wandered through the streets until he passed a group of Militia recruits with hives and rambling about some crazy witch Ratonga. He paid them no heed and continued down the street aimlessly.
  12. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

"No I'm fine," Tetriemmy answered sounding a little out of breath "Even though I was chosen to channel Nature's power it takes a lot of energy." She stood up with some obvious effort. She pulled out the scroll and handed it to Charlemin. "I beieve this is what we came for. Now we just need to retrieve the other cubs. "Can't go back as the lion they'll suspect you if I do." She sighed "You're going to have to trust me and stay close," as she spoke leaves materialized around them and as they disappeared So did Tetri and Charlemin. "A bit of camaflouge," explained. They could still see each other but no one else could see them. "Now back for the others," she said as she took off.
    Brienae drew her sai and glided to stand next to Alloysius watching the iksars closely.
    "What do you think you are doing?" Mordenair's roared
    "Stopping you from killing and innocent person just because you're frustrated," Mordedana answered.
    Mordenair blinked "innocent? She's mute and therefore worthless so who cares about her?" He watched his sister closely. "Why do you care? It's never made a difference to you before."
    Mordedana sheathed her sword "Yesss it hasss," she sighed "Everything we've done... I've done isss wrong. I've been trying to make it right... but..." she knew what she was saying she knew what it meant. She took a deep breath "I can no longer stand and watch you do the thingsss I have come to know asss wrong, Nor can I participate any longer."
  13. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Charlie accepted the scroll, hid it under his vambrace and set off after Tetri, passing an Arasai along the way. He turned to look as they passed. 'Isn't that Toska's old teacher?' he asked himself. He shook his head and they continued on back to the others. As they reached the door, Charlie almost ran into his sister, who came running out and sprinted down the street.
    Hiding behind Aloysiius, Bella clentched her jaw, remembering her parents being told that since she was the sickly runt, she should have been left in the Commonlands for the animals when she was still a Pinky. Her anger overrode her fear of the big Iskar.
    Bella gave her Personae Reflection the command to run for the door. Aloysiius tried to grab the Illusion, but realized Bella still stood behind him when she moved with him to stay out of sight of the Iskar. While everyone's eyes were on her Reflection she quickly cast a spell, arcane symbols floating around her paw. She tossed the mind-muddling spell over Aloyiius's shoulder. Her aim was a little off, and it grazed the female Iskar, but hit the male full in the side of the head.
    Hoddmimir, still wandering aimlessly, was almost run over by the solid illusion. Cheddar tumbled head over tail into the Arasai, who recognized his former Apprentice's sister immediantly.
    "Cragmure!" He yelled, grabbing the Ratonga by the arm with one hand while preparing a spell in the other. "What are you doing back in Freeport? Your sister wouldn't happen to be around, would she?"
  14. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Tetriemmy dodged the run away illusion and stopped in a corner.
    Mordenair stood dazed for a few minutes.
    Mordedana heard the cry of "Cragmure!" she looked at Bella and sighed "I knew you were hiding something... but... did not expect to actually run into the Cragmuresss.
    "I knews it all alongs. That's whys I's try's to keeps thems heres," Ratiel said with a gleeful look in his eye.
    Mordedana raised an eyebrow "Really? Then why didn't you say so?" She was careful to catch the eyes of the group so that they knew she was bluffing.
    "Yeps and I knows I's wills gets lots of moneys for turnings thems ins,"
    "No you won't," Tetriemmy's voice echoed in the tavern. She and Charlemin were still invisible "You will not breathe a word of what happened today."
    Mordedana looked around trying to find the voice, only because it unnerved her that she saw no one that could be speaking.
    "Whos dos you thinks you ares thats yous can tells mes whats to dos?"
    "How's Crumpet these days?" Tetriemmy asked
    "Crumpet?" Ratiel said startled "Hows dos yous knows Crimky's reals names?"
    "Same way I know what happened to your sister," Tetri continued
    "She dieds," Ratiel answered although he was begining to shake.
    "Did she?" Tetriemmy asked as she raised a paw in the air. She materialized along with Charlemin as bbolt of Lightning struck Ratiel. "You were warned many years ago that Nature would punish you."
    Ratiel shuddered from the shock as he looked at the Ratongas who had just appeared "I don't cares abouts natures. If that's yours pitch I'm leavings,"
    Tetriemmy removed her eye patch to reveal her right eye. It looked like it had been crushed by something.
    Brienae retched. The truth struck her. Tetriemmy was Tet. She wondered if anyone else saw the connection.
    Ratiel stammered "It can't bes it can'ts bes..."
    Tetriemmy replaced her eyepatch "Now Ratiel, you keep your mouth shut and I leave this place standing. Say anything and I will burn it to the ground. Do we understand each other?"
    Ratiel nodded.
    "Good," Tetriemmy answered as she began to weave Nature's power into another portal.
    It was then that Mordenair woke up.
  15. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Charlie quickly got to his sister's side once the spell dropped. He was about to whisper to her when he heard someone yell their surname outside.
    Charlie raised his sword at the mention of being turned in, but Bella patted his shoulder. "Chaddar won'ts come backs." She whispered.
    "Dismiss her and resummon." He muttered.
    Bella nodded and cast the spell to dismiss. Outside, Hoddmimir suddenly found his hands empty as a nearby Guard answered his call to catch the criminal. The Necromancer swore, knowing that the guards wouldn't be kind to a slightly drunk accusation that he had seen a wanted criminal. He darted away, seeing a dark tavern that looked like a good place to hide. Inside he couldn't believe his luck, not one, but two Cragmures, although to his dismay neither was his former apprentice.
    Aloysiius eyed Mordedana suspiciously while Tetri wove her spell. "Did you really mean that?" He asked the Iskar. "All that about not wanting to do this anymore?"
  16. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

"Yesss" Mordedana answered meeting Alloysius's eyes"Truth be told I've been sabotaging missionsss I've been sent on for the past 2 weeksss. " She closed her eyes "I just haven't had the nerve to leave...." she did not see Mordenair move until his sword was at her throat.
    "Traitor," Mordenair hissed "I should kill you."
    Mordedana said nothing.
    "Tell me it'sss not true."
    Tetriemmy stopped weaving the portal. There were too many enemies to open one here.
    Brienae looked around. There had to be some way out of this. She did the first thing that came to her mind she sang. A string of pink notes materialized around her and made a string which wrapped around Mordenair's blade.
    The blade vibrated forcing Mordenair to drop it. He bent down to grab it but a bolt of lightning made struck in front of him but missing Mordedana, Alloysius and Bella. He turned focusing his anger on Tetriemmy.
    Tetri cast a series of lightning bolts on him and one fire ball. She had to hand it to the cub he was tough. She kept casting until she collapsed.
    "Tetriemmy!" Brienae said her name without thinking about it.
    Mordenair raised his sword over the unconcious ratonga and stopped frozen in mid swing
    Runes encompased Ratiel's hand "Nows drops its. I's lost Tet once. I'm nots goings to watch someelses make it permanents. Nows. Walks out of heres. Says nothings abouts the Cragmures."
    "Report me and... deny our relation," Mordedana whispered
    "You's sures?" Ratiel asked her
    She nodded "Him and my uncle will be safe that way..."
    Ratiel repeated the orders.
    Mordenair ran out the door and back to Neriak.
    Brienae rushed over to Tetriemmy. She shot a look of pure loathing at the green arasai. She couldn't help it. "What are you looking at?" she hissed at him.
  17. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Hoddmimir decided that there were too many for him to handle and shrugged. "Nothing." He replied. "I'm just drunk and *hic* seeing things." He turned and swayed out of the tavern, cursing his luck. There was no way he could turn them in. No one in Freeport would believe a drunk Arasai. He also suspected that he'd disappear right after collecting the bounty even if he could turn them in. Afterall, how else could so many in the Militia afford their lifestyles on such paltry salaries?
    He grinned suddenly. At least those rats would have a surprise when they went home to their sister.
    Bella thought the Arasai at the door looked familiar, but didn't get a good look at him before he turned and wobbled out of sight. She watched her brother push Aloysiius out of the way and kneal beside Tetri. He turned to Aloysiius. "Close the door so that we aren't disturbed again." He waited until the door was secure and took a deep breath. He asked Mithaniel Marr for the power to heal and felt the light fill him. He channeled it into Tetri. The light faded and he leaned in, hoping that he had done correct. He hadn't had much practice with healing spells yet.
  18. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Brienae watched the drunk Arasai leave. "Hopefully no one will believe him," she muttered.
    "Doubt it," Mordedana said as she secured the door. She watched Charlemin channel the healing energy with interest.
    Tetriemmy opened her eye "Thanks," she said to Charlemin.
    "I knews its," Ratiel blurted "Tet, you'ves beens alives this wholes times?"
    "Yes," Tetriemmy answered
    "Why dids yous nevers contacts us?"
    "Ask them what happens when you recieve letters from Qeynos in Freeport. Besides I didn't know how to write yet,"
    "Trues points...I'lls says nothings abouts this... no one wills believes mes anyway." He sighed "That scrolls costs mes 150 plats..." he muttered under his breath "And nows it probably in shreds... dumbs kittys"
    Mordedana looked at Charlemin. She had given much thought to her betrayal and how the life of a Shadowknight was wrong in the past 2 weeks but never had she really considered the abilities that would eventually come with being a Paladin. She swallowed "Could you teach me that?" she asked.
    Tetriemmy waved her hands and again the grass and leaves swirled around her "Antonica," she whispered to the leaves. Again they formed a portal this time to the Antonica Druid rings.
  19. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Charlemin looked up at the Iskar and nodded. "I will vouch for you with the Qeynos Guard."
    Bella gladly hopped through the portal, followed by Aloysiius and her brother. On the other side Ro set on Antonica. The trees swayed gently in the ocean breeze that brought a salty smell to the earthen scents of the glade. The ground at their feet was a carpet of decaying leaves that fed the patches of woodland flowers. Bella stretched out and yawned.
    Charlemin slipped the scroll out of his vambrace and handed it to Bella. She grinned and hopped up and down in excitment before stowing it away in the enchanted pocket of her knapsack that had held the locating scroll Mandragore had given her.
    Aloysiius took a deep breath. "I always love this place. The sea and the forest are always chatting away at each other here. They make wonderful songs if you know how to listen."
  20. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Brienae went through followed closely by Mordedana.
    Tetriemmy followed last closing the portal. She arrived in time to hear Alloysiushis feelings about Antonica "All of Nature is like that cub if as you said you know how to listen."
    Mordedana looked around "It's beautiful here. I've never seen anywhere like it.
    "It reminds me of home," Brienae answered
    The calm silence was broken by a series of shouts from deeper in the woods:
    "Come on Half-breed! Think you can beat me?" the blonde high elf taunted
    "I told you dueling for the sake of dueling is not something I indulge. There is nothing I must prove to you or more importantly to myself," Kyriu answered shaking her head. Her hair was 2 shades of red. It was mostly an orange red but a ring of darker rust colored red wrapped around and ended in her pony tail. Two tendrils of the lighter color were bound but still separate from the majority. Her yellow eyes met the blue of the high elf before her. She wore a plain white gi with no ornamentation. A bo-staff was the only item she carried on her back
    "Prove to me that Half-Breed does not equal Half-wit!"
    "Wit can not be proven by fighting," Kyriu answered.
    Back at the druid ring the two voices seemed to be getting closer.