a burnt key

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Adevil, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Is it for everyone in OF at that time or do you have to do something to get the key when that message goes off?
  2. Nelie Well-Known Member

So those who have really terribad RNG, like me, will most likely never see these keys? Also, is this the only way to really obtain the new spells to be made?
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

From what was being said only one player received a key on each server when that message went out. At least no server had 2 players claiming to have it when folk were asking in General about the new key.

Question is, what triggers that message? The key has yet to be discovered on Isle of Refuge, so did the "event" trigger while OF was empty or has it triggered at all on that server?
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Aren't those spells related to the epics and not the key?
  5. Terrius Well-Known Member

Well on AB I kept a character in OF all afternoon and night yesterday (roughly 36 hours) and there hasn't been any message about burning embers. :(
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

Now that I look at it, yes...the spells are epic related. I guess it just came off weird in my mind that the app spells are being disco'd from the level 9 Ascension quest already right as this key event is being disco'd. I thought maybe the different fragment of planar energies for each tier of spell probably came from the new portal zones.
  7. Skixxxx Member

8. Terrius Well-Known Member

Anyone figure anything else out about how the key happens yet? So far I've had a character on AB in Obulus Frontier for 60 hours, still no message about embers or anything.
  9. Udonn Active Member

I checked my logs, and there is no mention of the burnt key, or any messages about burned.

All I know, is when I was done with the goblin ghost key quest, the burnt key was right there next to the encrusted keys I got from the quest. It was not in my bags when I left for OF.
  10. Udonn Active Member

Divine Shade: The strat for the final named is really easy once you figure it out. Send me a tell on MajDul, on either Udonn, Lymber, or Pohlgara, and I will tell you. Don't want to put a strat out there on here in case there are those that like to figure things out on their own.
  11. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Could the spawning of the key be delayed if someone already has one in their possession, yet hasn't finished out the zone / etc? I had a toon parked for 24 hrs in OF - and no message... but there's someone on the server who has one - yet hasn't quite finished out the zone yet... or even found it for that matter... maybe that's whats delaying the next key? /shrug
  12. Adevil Well-Known Member

Or the keys got "loose" ahead of schedule? Gninja's been playing dumb about them on Discord, sort of like he was playing dumb about Isle of Refuge zones the week before TLE released with them restored.
  13. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Anyone figure it out?
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

Only one I know about was when Gninja was logged on our server and talking in chat after the message popped up, no idea what mob drops it, sounds like its an extra key from the key quests though.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's definately not part of the standard key quest reward.
    A friend got it while gathering the dust from the crystals for the water the plants key quest.
  16. Wurm Well-Known Member

Looks like I need to start doing the key quests again lol

*edit* has anyone linked the items yet?
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

So... http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_discoveries/884765508941
  18. Stach Well-Known Member

19. Talltails New Member

Ok, I got a key on the 25th--spent hours looking for the NPC and with luck, someone mentioned he was in the Fens on the trail to Bathezid's Watch (He is). I then spent hours finding the portal, which I found on Saturday the 28th. I entered the portal--it destroyed the key when I entered. I didn't care, I was in "The Burned Woods".

I managed to update the quest by killing 4 named and getting 4 pieces of nice gear as well as clear the zone of mobs--each dropping a chest of platinum .. yes it's a lot of plat ... ( am intentionally being vague as I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone).

Finally the last named. I battled this guy for over 40 mins. Trying everything from pulling him around the zone to jumping behind him when he did his special attack and trying to damage him from behind .. looked for water .. you name it if I could think of it I tried it--I could not get the mob below 91% health.

I had to leave--real life was calling--I zoned out and--got screwed. Tuesday, after the patch I spent nearly 3 hours looking for the portal again ... mind you I still have the open quest in my journal. I couldn't find it. Frustrated I petitioned to see if I could get an answer on whether or not the quest was broken for me. The answer was even more disappointing.

You need another key, I was told, in order to finish the quest. Now I don't know what anyone else thinks about this, and as rare as these keys are (the equivalent of being struck by lightning twice...is the analogy that comes to mind) I think this is absolutely ridiculous. I've literally spent hours on this side track, and though I did get something out of the zone ... I don't have the satisfaction of being able to finish an open quest in my quest log or seeing what the final drop in the zone really is.

I know, I'm whining, but this is outlandishly frustrating for me ... Penalizing a player simply because they left an unlocked zone and didn't have time to finish it at that moment? Does this sound like a fair deal? Making a player attain a second mythical artifact, (when no one really knows how they are getting them) when they already had one? Not to mention all the time spent trying to do it all? This quest line was not intuitive and it was time-consuming--truthfully if this is how quests are going to be in the future I might just retire and wait for Pantheon to release.
  20. Udonn Active Member

Have to agree. This zone should not have an expiration timer, and if it needs one, it should be a week minimum. Heard from another player that got kicked out of the zone as it had expired. Really bad planning on this part.