Constant plat spam in channel.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Charlice, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Gulaep Well-Known Member

How is that even possible, a 20,000 platinum sale off the broker? I thought the highest price you can mark something on the broker was 9,999 and with broker fees etc you "see" it for 12k or whatever, but how did you get 20k from a broker sale? Thanks.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

They upped the broker limit a while ago.
    Feldon and Gulaep like this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

The damage is already done on AB. We went from a few K per red item and raid rings to people dropping 100k+ on raid jewelry, 8k+ per red item, seen a Red chest sell Last night for 28k .

I'm still game for removing the ability to sell chest loot anyway.
    Siren and Awkk like this.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Again, you can't say for certain plat spammers are the reason. How many people pay hundreds of dollars for plat? I sure don't.

It's just a supply and demand thing. AB sees it the most because everyone flocks to that server from others with their plat. Once the demand is less, prices will come down. The odd few people that buy plat will run out of things to buy soon.

Yes there's inflation. Quite often I'm seeing minimum start bids of 1kpp on raid items because anything less is insignificant to the seller and will go to an alt, but I don't believe it's from plat sellers. That plat was still in the economy anyway, earnt through standard routes, unless there's a duping scam.
  5. Awkk Well-Known Member

The gold spammers are back, now, in AB. Advertising plat and kronos for sale and that website.
  6. Zoltaroth Developer

Did you report it as spam via the menu?
  7. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I've been reporting one for the last couple of hours on Unrest. They are using square brackets to dupe the system this time :p

edit: using the drop-down "Report as Spam"
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

There needs to be a report button called 'plat spam' or something, or how will you differentiate between the servers regular spamming trolls and plat selling *word*.
    You can press that report spam button ad nauseum and the same seller can often still be in-game hours later.

I currently still have general chat turned off or I become a tad violent. I'd hate to be reported by a plat seller.
    Awkk likes this.
  9. Awkk Well-Known Member

I reported every one of the plat sellers spams that I saw. Probably many others did too. Dont you get a sudden increase in spam reports when this happens? Does anyone check it out?
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Appears they have found a way around the spam filter, AGAIN. They were / are spamming Everfrost server about every 6 - 10 minutes in the general and auction channel as of this posting at 01:00 pacific
    I /reported and put a petition in with their message so they can see how they bypassed the filter.
  11. Hijinx Well-Known Member

They are now using brackets [www][m][m][o][c][o][v][e][.][c][0][m] to get around the filter.
    Lucus likes this.
  12. Zoltaroth Developer

That's fine as you report it the filter will learn and block it. I am going to increase the update interval of the filter a bit.
    Kurisutaru, Tylia and Dulcenia like this.
  13. Jrel Well-Known Member

It isn't working. I've been spammed by the same person every day. Today's daily spam messages being sent by Boboafia and Boosd on Butcherblock.
  14. Avithax Well-Known Member

"Report" how?

Are you talking about using /report because after 1 petition you can't submit another until the original is closed and we have no way of knowing if the original had been acted upon. It's been quite a while since the filter mysteriously stopped working and I'm starting to think this has become a low priority even though it's destroying the value of the in game currency.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Right click on the person's name in the chat window. One of the options should be 'report as spam'.
  16. Jrel Well-Known Member

And.... STILL getting plat spam from these two on Butcherblock SIX HOURS LATER
  17. Jrel Well-Known Member

18. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I get hit every time I login, because I never go /anon or /RP.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I never get any on Splitpaw any more :( I used to love winding them up in tells
  20. Jrel Well-Known Member

Plat Sellers Boboafia and Boosd still living it up on Butcherblock as of right now.