Constant plat spam in channel.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Charlice, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Gninja Developer

This should be resolved. Let us know if you continue to see this sort of spam happening and not clear up quickly. Thanks for your patience!
  2. Nolus Well-Known Member

It will be good not to see those anymore! :)
  3. suka Well-Known Member

thank you - i do so appreciate it. i hate spam
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

File a /petition under game EQ2 category Spam and mention that you just filed a report on <insert name here>
    That works for 1 week as you sit and wait for it to be resolved in one way or another, preventing any other petitions until they close it.

The problem is the name changes every 60 minutes and its not because they get banned, its just a habit to keep changing it. With no spam filter working anymore in the game, its horrid and I will run out of room on my ignore list within a week due to its limitation of 100 names!
    suka and Feldon like this.
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

Using Kronos as a gauge, in 1 week they have gone from 3.2kp to 4k plat on Butcherblock. The botters are selling Krono for so cheap they have actually devalued the in game currency by almost 25%. I know patience is asked in this case by the Dev team but at this rate the in game currency is going to be worthless in a very short period of time.

This may not impact a lot of players who have resources to draw upon but for the casual player who earns 1.5 plat per quest it's devastating. Please allow us to use /petition more than once or use forums to report this until the fix is in as I have suggested here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/spambot-names.558916/
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

You can't seriously make that claim. Krono price is just to do with supply and demand. There's obviously just a large demand right now. But they've been stuck around 3-3.5k for most of this xpac.

People buying plat for dollars are not generally going to then turn around and buy krono with that plat. They can just buy a sub. What they can't get is items, so SLR prices go up. If anyone is using that spammers site, which they shouldn't because he's so annoying!
    Wirewhisker, Siren and suka like this.
  7. Avithax Well-Known Member

With Kronos hitting 5k since posting then my answer is yes, I am seriously saying that the botters have significantly devalued the in game currency greatly and to the point where it has now lost over 40% of it's value in an extremely short period of time.

Averages are one thing but there isn't a precident for a spike in prices like this since platinum was duped several years ago and it never went back down. I think it would be interesting to see if Daybreak could investigate the sellers of large volumes of Kronos and where they obtained their supply. I'm betting there's a few players who decided to buy from these scumbags to make a quick profit.
  8. Wanderingbat Active Member

When I started playing EQ/EQ2 years ago, plat sellers /gold sellers , pl services and what not, was a huge problem. So they have bothered EQ. Seems to me S.O.E did do something to stop this from being an issue for a long time.
    What I really don't understand is what the heck all of you are seeing, or rather, why you are seeing it?

I see the screenshots here. It must be happening. But I have seen none of it. I have not been plagued. How is this possible? Does Freeport server have some barrier the others don't?
  9. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Some theories to add to the mix.

Perhaps some duping exploits got fixed? I suspect Krono would be a highly lucrative item for those dubiously minded folks.

Perhaps the amount of plat dropping in heroic and raid content is higher, and thus drives the value of Krono up?

Perhaps it is a whale or two leaving EQ2? Watch the video from "Extra Credits" that discusses FTP? <Youtube link is here> Depending on the extent of the whale(s) that left, it could have a significant impact on the supply of Krono in EQ2 (just watch the video to get the reference).

I strongly advise against basing your opinion of the EQ2 in-game economy on Krono. Looking at how much raid loot and instanced loot is selling for on SLR, things seem fine (on my server at least). The value of Krono will always be subject to the whim of the whales (supply), which is not guaranteed.
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

You can't look at the increase in price of one or two items and extrapolate the devaluation of the entire server economy from those items. The bags of plat from the loyalty merchant have more of an effect on the economy than Krono prices. Why? Because the bags of plat introduce money into the economy, while the Krono merely causes the platinum to change ownership.

Let's look at an example.

Person A has 0 plat and is selling 5 Krono for 5,000 plat each. Person B has 25,000 plat. Person B buys the 5 Krono for a total of 25,000 plat. Now, Person A has 25,000 plat and Person B has 0 plat and 5 Krono.
    • Amount of plat in the system prior to purchase: 0p (A) + 25,000p (B) = 25,000p.
    • Amount of plat in the system after the purchase: 25,000p (A) + 0p (B) = 25,000p.
    • Difference in plat: 25,000p - 25,000p = 0p.
    Since there is no change in the amount of plat, the currency cannot be devalued by the transaction. If the plat was attained solely by trading in loyalty tokens for bags of plat, then it might have an effect on the economy (although it would take around 834 days - which is roughly 2 years and 4 months* - to amass enough loyalty tokens to get 25,000p). However, a change of 25,000p in an economy that is several orders of magnitude greater than that is not likely to cause significant change in the economy.

While large volumes of illicit Krono would probably affect Daybreak Games' profit margin, flooding the broker with Krono would cause supply to exceed demand, and would thus cause the equilibrium price to decrease (as sellers lower their price in order to try to convince buyers to purchase them), not increase. I'm not condoning the duplication of Krono, merely pointing out the probable effect of their introduction to the economy.

* Give or take a week or two.
  11. Serenaheq2 Active Member

Last night the price of krono on freeport went from 4.2k for the cheapest one and 3 pages worth of them to 6.4k for the cheapest one with less than a full page of them on the broker.

"Someone" clearly bought up everything under a certain price point. whether this was a botter, or a plat seller, or someone trying to play the market and set a new price point i don't know but they spent a boatload of plat to do it whoever it was. Clearly someone with means beyond an average player. And from other posts in this thread it appears that Freeport was not their only target.

At this price I am probably officially unable to sustain an all access account any longer. Drop in the bucket I'm sure but I wonder how many others are getting pushed out as well. Supply and demand I suppose. I just really wonder who or what is providing those sudden spikes in demand every few months that drives price points up so quickly in a matter of minutes.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

A few years ago you could only have a sub if you payed dollars. It's funny how people forget that and threaten to quit because they can't play enough to earn enough to buy a krono each month. What did you do before krono?

Personally I believe it's SLR sellers and particularly raid botters that cause the massive inflation. They get stupid amounts of plat from Joe Casual from SLR, and buy krono at whatever the price because they have 12+ accounts to keep going each month and hundreds of thousands of plat.
  13. Awkk Well-Known Member

I wonder who they are selling to, that can afford 10 or 15 thousand plat for an ordinary item and up to 150 thousand plat for a rare item. Who has that kind of plat? They must be selling to each other. Of course it drives up the price of Krono and other items for the rest of us.
  14. Serenaheq2 Active Member

My personal guess is plat/krono sellers manipulating the market... especially with the recent re appearance of plat spam on the servers. There was one guy with a block of 200 krono up at 5k or maybe 5.5k each. He had another couple of smaller blocks that are still partially up but the big block of 200 is totally gone/sold. That's over a million plat. Who has that kind of plat? I doubt even the most dedicated SLR botters do. And thats JUST counting those 200... not the other couple of pages worth that are now gone as well. And also not counting what happened on the other servers as well.
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

has it gone now? is it safe to log back in?
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

I've never seen an SLR item go for over 30kpp,so not sure where your 150kpp came from.

But I sold a rare tradable wrist within 24 hrs of putting it on the broker for 20kpp. From the extra named at end of heroics. Made me wish I'd put it on for more! So plat is in abundance by some.
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

AB had an item sell for 170k yesterday O.O First time I've seen an item go that high. That said, I've also seen 95k in auction (just recently too). It can happen, but not often.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

Holy cow what items could possibly be worth that to someone?!
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It was one of the mythical crates (the one containing the choice between bow (definitely this item in there) and (I think) a satchel). It comes down to that "worth to someone" part.
  20. Wanderingbat Active Member

Wow, (and I don't mean the game). All I can say here folks is somebody somewhere is paying REAL money for the krono's no matter how YOU get them. Bottom line. Krono's cost money. I see how they make it easier for many of you to retain your subs. But there are also other ways. Paypal for instance. I'm sorry. That's my best suggestion. Wish I could help.