Sparkling Gems

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

That makes me very happy in my pants!
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  2. Kwikdeath Active Member

Thank god, because at this point I'm sitting with 5 ungemmed pieces equipped and 3 - 4/3 overcharged potent items + 2 - 1/1 energized in my bags for progression fights. Wearing so many ungemmed pieces is just asinine when I have 2k etymas sitting in my currency window and nothing to spend them on. I guess I could gear out another alt in 3/3 potent that I would never play tho...

Would be nice to see them on the merchant even if they were 500 etyma each.
  3. Jezes Active Member

Awesome, thanks Kander!
  4. Uncle Active Member

ok well the increase of the drop rate went in to day and I have ran the zone 3 times and im still 0 for 12398712983719283 to seeing these gems drop anyone else having any Luck
  5. Jezes Active Member

Edit - Nvm found it in the notes, lol. Was listed under items, I was assuming it would be under Zones.
  6. Plinc Active Member

well you know, if you double a really small number, you still get a really small number. faster to run Fabled Labs pickup raids and buy your gems there.
  7. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I wish those gems affected the Fabled Awakened gear, but they do not. You're still obligated to get Sparkling Fabled Gemstones to upgrade those and then use the Gems from Fabled Labs to overcharge them.

I have to say that I ran Fabled HoF a couple of times last night and I still haven't seen a Sparkling Fabled Gemstone.
  8. Kwikdeath Active Member

They are just failing super hard at understanding the whole conceptual issue (SoE that is).

Even if they made it a 100% drop rate, if 5 people in the group needed 5 gems each that would still require 25 runs though to get everyone what they needed. That is assuming a static group, which we all know won't happen because once people get them they are going to be lfg something else most times.

I'm fine with rarity, but for God's sake put them on the merchant for a large amount of etyma (250 perhaps each) so that those of us that have terrible luck with the rng have a change to get some. I already have four overcharged gems sitting in my bags waiting for the time I get the sparkling gems so I can overcharge the dredlord pieces, but at this point I have basically given up hope of getting them.

This does not make me enthusiastic about playing, or make me want to run the zone more to get them, it does the exact opposite. I can find something else to do if I know there is nothing I will get from a zone, so I'm confused at the logic behind this decision. I know that at least if it were 100% drop I would spend the next few weeks farming on multiple toons and spamming lfg, as it is now I'm likely to just hit VD and perhaps a halls or labs after raid if they are the dd and then log.

It comes down to reward v time invested. If I spend 5 hours a week in HoF and see 1 gem that I have a 17% chance of winning, that is a terrible payoff. It seems SoE has learned from this and changed the reward structure for quests, but these gems are still far, far too rare in the game even with these changes.

I guess we'll see what happens in 30 days though, maybe something will change then because the competition will surely be heating up.
    Gash likes this.
  9. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Can you share with us the new droprate, so we can assess for ourselves whether it's worth chasing?
  10. Fuya New Member

Heck at this rate they could charge 500-1000 etymas and at least it would be a goal that would be reachable, the current 1-6% (my guess) drop rate is probably the worst mechanic they've had in a long time. Give that most dps classes would want at least 5 of them, at least with mounts that had drop rates in those ranges you wouldn't have to worry about the same person in a group needing it 5 times in a row...
  11. heebu Member

I want to replace the Sparkling Gems and 4/4 no sta arcane gear that have already
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

it's easy to figure out, a drop rate of 0, doubled is 0 :p
  13. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Thanks Ucala. I knew I could count on you. :(
  14. Plinc Active Member

maybe we all are just doing it wrong and you have to do a skip run? :}
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  15. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I'm having to rely trying to buy them off of other groups that get these in order to use them on my gear... Haven't had any luck yet in seeing any drop yet since the patch. I'm seriously disappointed right now.
  16. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Ran the zone last night for the first time since the update, and we got a sparkling gem. I then had to whine at the healer who won it on the need roll, because my raiding main is supposed to be DPSing. Swashbucklers are not known for healing skills. Now, to just win the DKP bid to get the Labs raid zone shoulders 4/3 upgrade to go with my 4/3 sparking gemmed SoS heroic chain legs.
  17. Jrel Well-Known Member

I heard of only 1 dropping from Fabled Den on Butcherblock on Tue. I don't know about Wednesday.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

I've only run it about 10 times total, never seen a gem.
  19. Glassjaw Active Member

They really need to add these gems to the Etyma merchant. Heck charge 300 I don't care... it beats running the zone 5-10 times a day and MAYBE seeing a gem and then losing it to a coercer so they can upgrade their class hat (coercer mentioned has Psylllon mythical helm) which they decided not to wear cause it's bad and maybe use it for appearance.

Sparkling Gems on the Etyma Merchant! Ty
  20. Draylore Well-Known Member

At this point.....1000 Etyma for gem would be acceptable.

I am all for random/rare stuff to get but the situation with these gems is just wrong considering the demand. A infinitely small number doubled is still a infinitely small number. Only available from one boss in one zone that is otherwise pointless to run just adds insult to injury IMO.