Sparkling Gems

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Where are you, Sparkling Gems? I've only seen 1 drop ever only in Halls of Fate off the last boss, and I wasn't able to win it.

Are there other ways to obtain these Sparkling Gems? I would really like to upgrade the Fabled Awakened Dreadlord gear...
  2. Ranga Active Member

They are the equivalent of 270 etyma and should be very rare :)
  3. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

yeah... but you can get gems for every other piece of gear and they're very accessible for a cost, except for sparkling gems.
  4. Jrel Well-Known Member

Sparkling gems I've seen drop: 0. Sparkling gems I've heard of dropping for guildies: 1.
  5. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Would like to see more ways to get Sparkling Gems, honestly. Maybe have a higher etyma cost to buy them or maybe have a higher % chance to drop from Septimus or maybe even drop from all of the new heroic zones end-bosses instead of just HoF.
  6. Everdog Member

It is not bat if they make Raid bosses in Accursed Sanctum also drop Sparkling Gems.
  7. Ranga Active Member

When people ask for raid drops in heroic zones there are international outcries. Why would they drop heroic stuff in raids?
    Payton likes this.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Just up the drop rate, or add them to Den + Vaults too.

30 HoF runs so far, with 0 drops.

Then I have to win the roll other 5 other people. Fun times.
    Foretold, Wirewhisker, Gash and 2 others like this.
  9. Ragna Well-Known Member

While I haven't done that many HoF runs, I've the same result : 0 drops to share between 3-4 people :( (that's in guild's groups, in a PuG it would be between 5-6 ppl)
    Either up the drop rate (I don't mind losing rolls IF I had something to roll on...) or keep the drop rate and give a gem to everyone present when you open the chest (like you did with the "rare" COE essences) or make them drop elsewhere (you'll get extra-nostalgia points if it was from Fabled Labo's thrash :D)
  10. Karagon Active Member

Make it 33% drop from all three instances. That would be ok. 5% or even less? chance of drop from 1 instance is just lol. I've never seen it drops for all the runs.
    Also it's not equal to 270 etimas - as soon as it boost an item for about 3,3% only - like ONE green gem does, not 3 of them.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

time I have seen it drop? 0. times I have heard about guildies getting it dropped. 0.
    I sure do make 270 dragon token things faster than seeing a sparkling gem :p
    Ragna likes this.
  12. knine Well-Known Member

Probably because your gold member :p doesn't take long to reach 270 lol... I've personally seen 4 drops and won 2. Happened in about 30ish runs. Shouldn't be given to you though as getting the actual gear drops really isn't that hard. /shrug I would like them to put time into fixing the TOV reward and actually give something worth while before worrying about upping the drop rate of these.
  13. Athilia Member

I've seen one so far out of 10 HoF runs :(
  14. Kalderon Well-Known Member

There enough on drops, at least if you go to the raidzone ^^
  15. Le Clown Active Member

should be called sparkling unicorn tear-gem
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Sparkling Gems aren't from the raid zone. Stop posting **** if you don't know what we are on about.

Drop rate on Sparkling Gems from HoF is far too low, unless you want us running the zone 5x a day for next 6 months.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

people are so confused with all the gems.
    sparkling gems are just form HoF.
    the raid zone drops those mutanic or whatever gems that upgrade potent gear, completely different from sparkling gems.
    it takes exactly half the time to make 270 at gold. so it's not really that long to make 270 gold or not gold.
    they already aren't "given" to us since you would have to actually win the roll against your group members if it actually drops. take into the fact that you almost never see one.
    here is some simple math to think about :p
    If and only if you run with the same 5 other people (6 including you). lets say 20 runs for 1 (lucky).
    1 for each armor piece. so it would take 7 sparkling gems for 1 person, or 140 runs to gear 1 person. 840 runs to gear all 6 people. and it's only if you never let someone new in the group that needs the gems :p
    in 140 runs, at 5 tokens a run, I will have made 750 tokens (non gold). or 1400 for gold :p that's if you do only the new zones where you could get the 5 mission, not counting daily, weekly, or pillar
  18. Ravenmik New Member

I hate the randomness sometimess. In this case, I got lucky. Wont the gem on my second run thru HoF opening week, and immediately had my class hat drop from vaults. One happy Fury! However, multiple runs since have yielded no love for my poor Gaurdian...:(
  19. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Ucala you right, my fault :(
    Maybe i dont give a damn about if heroics have same stats as raidgear.
    After small talking in my guild last night, the gems should drop in all new fab zones tho, there im all with you!
    Errorr, have a nice flame ;)
  20. Gash Active Member

I agree, Sparkling Gems are WAY too rare right now.
    It would be nice if all the Fabled zones had a chance to drop them.